**The Official July 2016 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ad2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created.

July 8 exam = August 9 release date

Members don't see this ad.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 12.34.16 PM.png

Reactions: 9 users
MCAT: $275
MCAT reschedule: $50
NS exams 1-6: $150
EK exam: $50
AAMC q-pack: $72
Kaplan 7 book set: $150
AAMC FL: $25
AAMC scored FL: $35

AMCAS: 160 + (40*8) = $400
DO: $195
4 Secondaries: $425

= $1,827

Obviously rounding up to 2 grand but after these secondaries I'll definitely be over. I suppose I should've been more clear, good thing you guys were on the ball
How did you manage to get 2s without an MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys submitting your secondaries before you receive your mcat scores? im not sure whether i should or not. Took mine July 9th

I'm viewing the wait until August 9th as good practice for application season. This looks like even more of a dirty, dirty lie when I see it typed out.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who took the exam this past month as a retake? I want to submit my aacomas for verification but I'm not sure if I should submit with only an old MCAT score. I did input that I retook on July 22nd. Just unsure if I should risk them seeing my old score without seeing both scores. Especially with schools like Touro NY.

Anyone who took the exam this past month as a retake? I want to submit my aacomas for verification but I'm not sure if I should submit with only an old MCAT score. I did input that I retook on July 22nd. Just unsure if I should risk them seeing my old score without seeing both scores. Especially with schools like Touro NY.
Im in the same boat. If you took it July 9th maybe just wait the 10 days...I dont think you would get screened but I really am not sure. I am just waiting since my LOR are late and some transcripts.

Im in the same boat. If you took it July 9th maybe just wait the 10 days...I dont think you would get screened but I really am not sure. I am just waiting since my LOR are late and some transcripts.

I took the July 22nd exam. I paid for 2 schools and I guess I'll add the rest August 23rd! I don't want to risk the NY schools so I applied to 2 schools I'd be okay with not getting an II. :)

I took the July 22nd exam. I paid for 2 schools and I guess I'll add the rest August 23rd! I don't want to risk the NY schools so I applied to 2 schools I'd be okay with not getting an II. :)
Id maybe apply to some schools you are applying to regardless. I am pretty sure they just dont look at your app until your score gets in but dont quote me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Id maybe apply to some schools you are applying to regardless. I am pretty sure they just dont look at your app until your score gets in but dont quote me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have no idea. I tried searching to see if that was the case but I see mixed answers. I'm more worried about getting screened out before I can even submit my secondaries. I guess I'll just wait!

I have no idea. I tried searching to see if that was the case but I see mixed answers. I'm more worried about getting screened out before I can even submit my secondaries. I guess I'll just wait!

On some secondaries I've submitted, there is an option to say "defer my review until all current/future scores are received" or to review immediately. Ex. Boston. I'm going to guess that schools that do not give you that option explicitly will review it, and then decide to put on hold for another review after your other scores.

To be safe, I wouldn't do it until your scores are in.

Edit: typos

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ignorance is bliss

trying to mentally prepare myself to live through the next 10 days without having a mental breakdown
i've already submitted my primary and pre-wrote some secondaries in case all works out

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for answering my question on your feelings about rewriting everyone.

I have another question. For those of you who did the P/S section bank, I don't know why, but I do not understand #3 at all. The question about predictive validity and the pilot passage. Can someone provide some insight into why B is the right answer?

Anyone else feel like each day leading up to August 9th is longer than the one before?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone else feel like each day leading up to August 9th is longer than the one before?

For real, the wait sucks. I went to bed at 8 so I didn't have to be awake any longer...Also pushing back my 21st Birthday celebration (this week) until after Tuesday because I won't be able to enjoy it... Then I'm partying so hard.

Ahh, so this is what hell feels like. Much worse than I imagined.

This isn't hell, at least for me. For me, if I end up going to hell, I will wake up in the pizzeria I worked in my senior year of high school.

THAT was hell.

Currently, repeatedly scanning the google doc trying to guess my score .... have done like 3 regression analysis of some of the data, ugh august 9th needs to hurry the **** up.

Reactions: 1 users
Currently, repeatedly scanning the google doc trying to guess my score .... have done like 3 regression analysis of some of the data, ugh august 9th needs to hurry the **** up.

Please enlighten us so that we may too obsessively try to guess

The thing that worries me worst is the reporting bias in the spreadsheet
I've found many test takers who scored very well with my practice test scores but I wonder about the others who didn't report their final score with similar practice tests scores

The thing that worries me worst is the reporting bias in the spreadsheet
I've found many test takers who scored very well with my practice test scores but I wonder about the others who didn't report their final score with similar practice tests scores
That is the issue... when the average MCAT is a 514 you know there is something serious up lol.... I feel like my score estimation from this is prob high and I should go with my gut feeling I guess I can dream...

Please enlighten us so that we may too obsessively try to guess

Just comparing my test scores and then making graphs of all my FL scores and trying to determine where Test #17 should fall. =P If I get within 3 points of what it is showing I'm going to do Drake's hotline bling dance. Also decided I'm taking a shot for every point over 500 I get since I'm celebrating my birthday tuesday (21)

Alright so I'm insane, but shameless. What time can we expect scores to come out on the 9th? (4 days.... almost there.....)

Alright so I'm insane, but shameless. What time can we expect scores to come out on the 9th? (4 days.... almost there.....)
Either 8:15 or 3:10, I think the last 5 score releases have been at 3:10 and the others are like 8:30. This is ET. I'm going crazy as well...Trouble breathing bro.

@Roayer First happy birthday. Second, let me know how the shot for every point over 500 goes. sounds like you may be getting some more clinical exposure in the ER that night.

Nothing about us taking the test on july 9 should be up on the score reporting system, right? I don't have anything, just last year's test on 5/22. Unreasonably, I'm nervous that I accidentally voided my exam lol

@Roayer First happy birthday. Second, let me know how the shot for every point over 500 goes. sounds like you may be getting some more clinical exposure in the ER that night.
Thanks haha, I'll be responsible, might have some cognitive dissonance though, my brain wants a 528 but my liver doesn't =D. Maybe I should change it to every point over 509 but that wouldn't be any fun.

Nothing about us taking the test on july 9 should be up on the score reporting system, right? I don't have anything, just last year's test on 5/22. Unreasonably, I'm nervous that I accidentally voided my exam lol
I don't have it either. It won't show up until we get the score on the 9th which sucks. I was so paranoid the first time I voided, even now I'm second guessing whether I accidentally voided or not even though I made sure I didn't void.

True, yeah your right I'm not going to ***** out, it will be for each one over 500....I'm guaranteed at least 13 shots =P, hopefully 17+ haha.

#wouldnotrecommend

After the mcat I drove directly downtown, drank a marg, chugged a bottle of wine, had three trashcans, 4 rum and cokes and a few tequila shots..... Forgot I hadn't eaten anything but starbursts Bc MCAT.... Ended up making out with and subsequently vomiting on the hot grad student in my lab at the nearby med school... And proceeded to throw up the next day from noon to 10 pm.

Pros: lost my mcat studying/binge eating weight
Cons: that was horrible
Needless to say I will be drinking less upon receiving my score :) :) :)

Reactions: 4 users
#wouldnotrecommend

After the mcat I drove directly downtown, drank a marg, chugged a bottle of wine, had three trashcans, 4 rum and cokes and a few tequila shots..... Forgot I hadn't eaten anything but starbursts Bc MCAT.... Ended up making out with and subsequently vomiting on the hot grad student in my lab at the nearby med school... And proceeded to throw up the next day from noon to 10 pm.

Pros: lost my mcat studying/binge eating weight
Cons: that was horrible
Needless to say I will be drinking less upon receiving my score :) :) :)

Damn girl. Eh I put off celebrating 21 till Tuesday so I have to do some crazy stuff, advice?

Last edited:
the AAMC would be happy to know that there's no worries about me breaking my examinee agreement with regards to test content, considering I erased the two days that I've taken MCAT's from my life with post-test festivities. @Roayer assuming you're going to bars, tell them it's your birthday and they'll take care of you for the 20 minutes you last in public. it'll be a fun night.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have it either. It won't show up until we get the score on the 9th which sucks. I was so paranoid the first time I voided, even now I'm second guessing whether I accidentally voided or not even though I made sure I didn't void.
Oh my god....and I thought I was the only person doing that.... :)

literally i feel like my entire life is on hold until tuesday :/

praying for a 506 at least so i don't have to withdraw my primary app

First time posting on SDN! Very excited to join this community. I took the MCAT on July 9th and I am extremely scared. I prepared with Kaplan materials exclusively and I emptied all of my savings to send my primary application and pay for Kaplan. Praying for good news on Tuesday and I will have all of you in my thoughts. Your insightful posts have been a boon to my nervous existence :)

Attached is an excel sheet of my Kaplan practice exams 1-9 (and the diagnostic), as well as my AAMC Scored Full Length practice exam.

I do not know if this is typical, but I jumped 7 points from Kaplan to AAMC. However, the real MCAT seemed to be more difficult.
Seems pretty typical, I feel the same way as you though. This god forsaken wait is almost done.

Good luck July 8th and 9thers! Hope you all get good news! Time is flying by, only two more weeks for us 22nders

Reactions: 3 users
I've found waiting for my score, this time, to not be nearly as bad as the first time around.

Except when I think about my cars score! I don't know if it was nerves, but I was completely off during it and had to completely guess on some questions just to save time and move on, which I've never had to do before.

So on Tuesday I'm expecting either a disaster or something that's good enough to work with. Hoping for the latter!

I've found waiting for my score, this time, to not be nearly as bad as the first time around.

Except when I think about my cars score! I don't know if it was nerves, but I was completely off during it and had to completely guess on some questions just to save time and move on, which I've never had to do before.

So on Tuesday I'm expecting either a disaster or something that's good enough to work with. Hoping for the latter!

Last edited by a moderator: