**The Official July 2016 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ad2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created.

July 8 exam = August 9 release date

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone could speak from their experience about their final CARS score. I wrote mine a couple days ago and I feel like I severely underperformed. I got caught up on the first two passages and realized I was taking too much time already in the beginning so I started panicking and rushed through the first two passage questions and for the q's I just didn't really get, I just simply picked a random answer. I scored 126 on the scored practice FL and was really hoping to get 125 or above. I'm not quite sure how many you can get wrong to hit 124. My question is if anyone else had a similar experience on their real MCAT in July and what the final score turned out to be. I understand that you can't accurately predict it, but I'm really worried out of my mind that I may not have hit that 124. :(
I would really appreciate if anyone could share their experience. Thank you!

So I've decided to retake with my 507...just like how everyone has they're own goals and standards, I definitely know that based on my practice exams and abilities I could do better...I've been studying to retake on Sept 1 anyway and have done significantly better on my retakes (yes I know to take that with a grain of salt because I do remember some questions, but at the same time, it's not like I remembered every question)....here's to not sleeping for the next 6 days! to anyone retaking too good luck! now we know what to expect haha

Same, got a 504. Retaking 9/10

anyone here applying with a 504 and mind sharing your school list? my score is pretty balanced (127/124/125/128) so i'm giving this cycle a shot before retaking

Hi, I got that too : 127,124,127,126 (504).
Im applying everywhere in NY (MD) Touro and NYIT, some splattering around. Let me know how all goes with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that. The data I am referring to is directly from the schools 2016 matriculating class profile and the percentiles of the average old to new MCAT scores. A 509 is like 80th percentile while a 32 was like 88th+ if I remember correctly.
There may have been only a handful of new MCAT's in the class.

I know people at MD and DO with that MCAT score. Your application is more than just one number. You have ~28...it's not a score that warrants an automatic rejection, especially if you bring something else to the table.

Remember, the estimated accepted MCAT on SDN is a 514+. In the real world, people gain acceptances with 503+ (sometimes even less than that). The harshest screen I know of is a minimum of 503. Why would a school look at applicants with a 503 if they thought they were automatically 'less than'? I saw someone on here earlier who is a non-urm with a 501...3 MD II's. Keep your chin up.

hey do u mind sharing which MD schools people got in w that mcat score? im applying with a 504 this cycle and could use some feedback

I was wondering if anyone could speak from their experience about their final CARS score. I wrote mine a couple days ago and I feel like I severely underperformed. I got caught up on the first two passages and realized I was taking too much time already in the beginning so I started panicking and rushed through the first two passage questions and for the q's I just didn't really get, I just simply picked a random answer. I scored 126 on the scored practice FL and was really hoping to get 125 or above. I'm not quite sure how many you can get wrong to hit 124. My question is if anyone else had a similar experience on their real MCAT in July and what the final score turned out to be. I understand that you can't accurately predict it, but I'm really worried out of my mind that I may not have hit that 124. :(
I would really appreciate if anyone could share their experience. Thank you!

I'm applying with a 122, so there's that... My sciences were strong though.

I took the test on the 22nd and got a 513! I am very surprised. I thought the test was extremely hard, especially the last section, which I thought I bombed but I actually did the best on. This was 2 points higher than I got on the AAmc practice test the week prior to testing. For others, I have heard that their actual score was 6 or 7 points lower than they got on the AAmc practice test.

The real test was definitely harder than the 2 AAmc practice tests, which I judge to be on about the same level as each other in terms of difficulty. With the "grade scaling" that AAmc gives you though, it is hard to say how you actually scored. After taking the test, I was pretty sure I scored anywhere between a 500 and a 515. It really could have been anything in between. When i found out it was on the higher end of that spectrum I was happily surprised.

Good luck to the rest of you. Waiting a whole month just to get some stupid but impactful test score back can be difficult. And reading the score when you finally get it can be the worst feeling in the world if it is lower than you expected. Keep in mind that there is so much more to who you are and what you have to offer to the world than a dumb test.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user