The Official July 25 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organicmingle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone so I am just starting to study for the MCAT. I took it last year and got a 30. PS:VR:BIO were 9:11:10 I was really nervous during the PS section omg i could not think and i made a lot of easy mistakes omg. I am usually never nervous before an exam but this time I was trembling lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Gahhh! I felt confident leaving the exam, and now I think about the few I missed here and there and it freaks me out! I had extra time on Physics and I averaged 10/11 on that section and I keep psyching myself out thinking I made more stupid mistakes -.-

Honestly the closer it gets the worse I feel. I ran out of time on ps and had to blindly guess. I'm pretty concerned and nervous about getting it back.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So out of curiosity, why is this thread so small? Compared to the July 24 thread, this one is considerably smaller.

I post in the 7/24 thread because it's more active...

Recap:
PS: Hardest, lots of questions that I didn't know the formula/conversion for and was unfamiliar with the concept.
VR: Felt okay, but the more I remember the worse I feel because I can't check my answers.
BS: Easiest for me and this is usually a weaker section.

Not going to guess at a score, but I will have a mental breakdown if I have to take another practice test.

Also read on the 7/24 thread that some of the questions on each section are trial ( yes on the PS, VR, and BS) and are not graded, so that gave me hope!

I post in the 7/24 thread because it's more active...

Recap:
PS: Hardest, lots of questions that I didn't know the formula/conversion for and was unfamiliar with the concept.
VR: Felt okay, but the more I remember the worse I feel because I can't check my answers.
BS: Easiest for me and this is usually a weaker section.

Not going to guess at a score, but I will have a mental breakdown if I have to take another practice test.

Also read on the 7/24 thread that some of the questions on each section are trial ( yes on the PS, VR, and BS) and are not graded, so that gave me hope!

Nice to hear some of those questions were trial! Starting to get really nervous!!
I

All I need is a 29... And I felt confident leaving the exam. I had tons of time left on each section, and I normally did when I took my practice tests. I'm just afraid my silly errors will haunt me :/ I felt great leaving the exam, but now I'm afraid!

I got it too, 34% and it was all sociology/psychology. Honestly really surprised I got the gift card because I guessed on every. single. question.. and finished it in 10 minutes I believe.. yikes

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How is everyone here feeling? 5 more days before we get our scores, I'm so ANXIOUS :bang:

Each day I spend thinking about it, the more I feel like I got killed by this test. Unfortunate, because there's only one date left for the 2014 MCAT in my town and I'm not sure I want to spend the money to book it.

I've been wondering that. when I took my first MCAT in may, it said scores would be released at 5pm, but they were released at like 11 in the morning. So there is a chance, Id say. but I also dont wanna drive myself nuts checking THx all day lol
So what are the chances the scores will be released a day early

No labs today so I'm left sitting at my computer signing in and out of THx..

Why doesn't the July thread have as many people commenting and freaking out? I like to be anxious with a group of people haha.

omg. I just wanna know.

I feel like post-test feelings don't mean much for me, so it's hard to predict. Just hoping to get within a couple points of my AAMC practice test average!

I don't even know anymore.......... just gotta pray to the mcat gods. :boom:
I can't even predict what's to come. Just going to chill for the next couple of hours and hope to God I don't have to trudge out the MCAT prep books again.

Reactions: 1 users
"Hey God, I don't live in the Gaza strip or have to deal with ISIS, and there are a lot more people who need more help than I do, but if I never have to look at my MCAT physics prep book ever again that would be great."

Waiting for scores makes me more nervous than going on a first date. Scratch that, makes me more nervous than asking a complete stranger out on a first date.

This is my most unproductive day at work, I am really unable to get anything done, I woke up at 3AM couldn't fall back asleep, I keep checking the damn site, I have no appetite, this is horrifying...

This is my most unproductive day at work, I am really unable to get anything done, I woke up at 3AM couldn't fall back asleep, I keep checking the damn site, I have no appetite, this is horrifying...

And this coming from the optimist! There's not much hope for the rest of us...

Just kidding guys, I'm sure we will do better than we expect!

I can't decide how to look at the scores.
I contemplated having my friend look at it. I also considered just not looking at all.

And this coming from the optimist! There's not much hope for the rest of us...

Just kidding guys, I'm sure we will do better than we expect!
The Optimist is losing his poise :annoyed: damn MCAT you better NOT disappoint me.

Here's the template for the scores!

Test Date: 7/25/2014
FL AAMC Average: xx
Post-test expected score: xx
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) xx (x/x/x)
Comments:

For others like me that have already submitted the app the adcoms get to discover our scores as we do hahaha

PS12V11BS12
never got a 11 on verbal; yet never scored below 13 on PS.
i guess this makes my score balanced.

Test Date: 7/25/2014
FL AAMC Average: i only averaged 9-11 and got a 25...
Post-test expected score: 7/7/8 = 22...
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) 30 (10/10/10)
Comments: WOW DID NOT EXPECT THAT AT ALL. To be fair, I did get a 29 on AAMC 10 a couple days before I took the test.
THANK GOODNESS I DON'T NEED TO RETAKE!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!

Reactions: 3 users