The Official June 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abraxas305

Bark Bark
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we can talk about all things MCAT 2015.
Just registered too!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am new to this thread, i really want some answers about my MCAT scores which I took on june 19th.
GPA 3.82
SGPA 3.9
MCAT scores:
Physics 131
Biology 130
Psychology 130
CARS 125
total 516,
95% percentile

I am worried about my CARS score, do you think this will be an issue for not considering my application. Please reply.

I'm pleased with my results
517 total

129 for Physics/Chem, Psych, and Verbal, 130 for Biology.

What does this convert to old scale? 96 percentile.

I'd say roughly a 47.

I wonder if we can implement a popup with the conversion chart so that no one has to scroll through pages. Or a google utility? It's a bad@ss score. ~35.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, great score !!
Don't let Kaplan scare you! Your scores are much better than mine ever were on the kaplan FLs and I ended up getting a 509 on the real thing. So you should be fine, however don't walk into the exam thinking that the real thing will be any easier either

Reactions: 1 user
From 86-96 projected, got 89%!!!
YEEEEEEEE I WILL GET INTO A MEDICAL SCHOOL

CP: 130 (97%)
CARS: 126 (70%)
B/BC: 130(97%)
P/S: 127 (75%)
Cumulative: 513 (89%)

Reactions: 2 users
According to the old score distributions (assuming percentiles don't change), that will give you the equivalent of an 8 or a 9. Most likely an 8. This will be surmountable when applying to mid-tier schools because it looks like you killed it in other sections, but I don't think a top-tier school would be ok with an 8 in any section. If I were you I would either apply more mid-tier than top-tier or, if absolutely deadset on applying nearly exclusively top-tier, just retake the thing. But honestly, there are great mid-tier schools and you did well in every other section so retaking it is seeming a bit nonsensical to me even as I type this.

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85332/data/combined08.pdf

CP: 131
CAR: 129
BB: 131
PS: 130
521, 99th!! so excited. Here's to hoping my 3.46 sGPA and 3.5 cGPA don't hold me back

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else having trouble feeling good about their scores after seeing what some of the other geniuses on this website got?? (And congrats to them!!)

Ended up with a 512 (128/128/129/127) and am unclear on what level of schools to apply to. cGPA is 3.5, bcmpGPA is 3.8.

Hi
I am new to this thread, i really want some answers about my MCAT scores which I took on june 19th.
GPA 3.82
SGPA 3.9
MCAT scores:
Physics 131
Biology 130
Psychology 130
CARS 125
total 516,
95% percentile

I am worried about my CARS score, do you think this will be an issue for not considering my application. Please reply.

congrats you guys! how did y'all feel you did after taking it? nd what did y'all did to keep your mind busy with out thinking about the score? post mcat feeling is weird. were you expecting those scores? just curious felt like crap, and felt like was i guessing on alot especially on the physical science section. July 18th test taker here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prelim: Total: 90-100%; C/P: 82-97%; CARS: 85-100%; BIO: 85-100%; P/S: 85-100%

Actual: Total: 516 (95%); C/P: 128 (87%); CARS: 129 (93%); BIO: 129 (93%); P/S: 130 (97%).

It's funny because I was so worried about Psych/Soc walking out of the testing center. I was thinking, "Man, I hope I at least got a 125 in the psych section." Whereas I thought I crushed chem/physics and Bio. Meh. Not bad for a month of studying.

I think I'm screwed. 506 total, 71 percentile.
science gpa: 3.4
non gpa: 3.2

Non-Urm from California.
Applied broadly to MD and DO

I think my life is over...

any advice?

C/P: 126 (67%)
Bio: 127 (77%)
P/S: 130 (97%)
Overall: 509 (80%)

I need some advice from you experts. Is this good enough to go ahead and apply to MD schools? I'm not looking to get into Harvard mind you.

Experts? Call the medical school of your interest. Individuals on this forum are not experts.

Non-Urm from California.

any advice?

Stop. Please. Stop the crap. Apply to your schools . You did good.

Welp I guess I'll be the first one with the guts to post a low score lol

CP:127
CARS:125
BB:126
PS:125
Tot:503

Good thing I took the July test lol congrats to all you guys who did great though. You inspire me :)

Reactions: 5 users
C/P: 126 (67%)
Bio: 127 (77%)
P/S: 130 (97%)
Overall: 509 (80%)

I need some advice from you experts. Is this good enough to go ahead and apply to MD schools? I'm not looking to get into Harvard mind you.

Never mind what kalana says - we are experts here at SDN and pride ourselves on our expertise. You, my friend, would not be wasting your money by applying.

Non-Urm from California.

any advice?

You're fine, give it a shot or retake. Its not the best score here, but its not horrible either. You're competitive for DO, and if you have a strong application/GPA and apply wisely to low-tier schools, you might be able to get in. As far as your life being over, may I suggest Rational Behavior Therapy?

Ps. Don't compare your scores to the scores here on SDN, their scores don't represent the average population

Do you really think so? I am being honest about my thoughts. I mean everyone on this forum is doing much better than I did.

ok I understand. Sorry for being so harsh. Call the schools which you are interested in. A lot of schools are asking students for 50th percentile or better and you are definitely in that range.Many schools do not even have a clue what to do with these scores.

Do not compare yourself with the 522's on this forum..or anyone on this forum for a matter of fact. Feel free to direct message me.

For anyone who got above a 518, what materials did you use?
I used Altius's MCAT Everywhere online program. It's the online materials I used other than the AAMC FL and the AAMC Official Guide, which are both part of Altius's program. Never opened a textbook or any class notes, just studied straight from their prep materials and did what they said to do.

As far as how I felt leaving the test, I honestly strongly considered voiding it (glad I didn't! haha) because I thought I had bombed everything but CAR, which is ironic given that CAR was my worst section.

Never mind what kalana says - we are experts here at SDN and pride ourselves on our expertise. You, my friend, would not be wasting your money by applying.

Did I tell the individual he/she will be wasting money? Or did I discourage them? Good bye.

Welp I guess I'll be the first one with the guts to post a low score lol

CP:127
CARS:125
BB:126
PS:125
Tot:503

Good thing I took the July test lol congrats to all you guys who did great though. You inspire me :)

Best of Luck Owl! Hope you destroyed the MCAT in July!

Reactions: 4 users
Experts? Call the medical school of your interest. Individuals on this forum are not experts.

This might be a little extreme, but while a lot of people here clearly know their **** it is generally good advice not to put too much stock in advice you don't receive directly from a medical school about this sort of thing.

Like many I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out:
C/P: 129
CARS: 132
B/BC: 130
P/S: 128
Overall: 519 (98%)

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted - you guys are wild. Lets all go get blitzed.

This might be a little extreme, but while a lot of people here clearly know their **** it is generally good advice not to put too much stock in advice you don't receive directly from a medical school about this sort of thing.

Like many I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out:
C/P: 129
CARS: 132
B/BC: 130
P/S: 128
Overall: 519 (98%)

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted - you guys are wild. Lets all go get blitzed.

132 in CARS :=|:-):

519 (130/129/130/130) - Very excited about the doors i've opened with my score on the test.

Let's all take a second to remember that we're not defined by a number or a score on one test. Congratulations to everyone on getting through this stressful experience. For those of you who didn't score as highly as you would have liked, please remember that this is just one exam. We all have our good days, and we all have our bad days. If being a doctor is your dream, then don't give up. Cowboy (cowgirl) up and retake the exam. You can do it. You will do it. And you will be a doctor someday. Best of luck to everyone during the application process.

Reactions: 12 users
congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!

got a 513...... (129/127/128/129) cGPA 3.96 sGPA 3.90 ....... i come from a small state school, non URM, traditional, n don't really have any ec that stand out more than the average (volunteer,shadow, research) so i kinda wish i did a little better.... should i bother applying to a high tier school??? don't want to just throw away my money but some would be a dream!!

just usi
Either you are the same guy from reddit or ur just using his pic :D
Im a July taker anyway haha Wasn't a 45 MCAT something literally impossible- has anyone heard anyone get it? I'm just surprised how there was a 528 in the third session of this new test

C/P: 132, 100% (85-100 prelim)
CARS: 127, 81% (76-91)
B/BC: 132, 100% (85-100)
P/S: 129, 93 (85-100)
Total: 520 (98th)

I must've spent at least 520 hours preparing for this beast. That's what it took.

I felt pretty neutral. Knew I hadn't blown it but had no idea I would score as high as I did.

Pysch seemed very rough at the time but did fine. I probably guessed between two on more than 20 questions

This is EXACTLY on point with how i felt after the test and I ended up getting a 519 (131, 129, 130, 129, in order). Just goes to show that it really doesnt matter how you felt about the test because all that really matters is how you did compared to others.

I think Khan Academy videos should be people's go to. I watched every single one at 1.5X speed in 4 weeks. Anytime a subject seemed confusing, I would crack open the princeton review book and read the corresponding section and answer the questions. This was much more efficient than reading entire review books and lets you really skip to the things you need work on quickly.

I also think that AAMC made Khan a priority because it is a free online resource that anyone can use. So this levels the playing field for grad students like me who cannot afford expensive prep courses.

July taker here- I felt really good at psych/soci maybe getting a max of 3-4 wrong. will this put me 130+ in the section? I felt really bad about bio/biochem had to guess on so many questions...should I expect a 125? CARS I felt good and got 85 on the FL should I expect a 129? Chem I felt alright in, 127?