**** The Official LECOM Bradenton Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

In-State or Out-of-State, New or Re-applicant

• In-state

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Out-of-State

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • New Applicant

Votes: 68 40.7%
  • Re-applicant

Votes: 36 21.6%

• Total voters

The10thDentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a great school, Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What percentage of OOS does LECOM accept?

I have my interview on September 28th. Anyone know what to expect? :confused:

Invite email just a few minutes ago. I am pretty pumped, never been to Florida.

Invite email just a few minutes ago. I am pretty pumped, never been to Florida.

Today I spoke to a lady in charge of admissions (i think), she said the committee is working thru this week to "make a decision"

I have my interview on September 28th. Anyone know what to expect? :confused:
I interviewed at LECOM last year, and the interview is the most laid back interview I have had. There are about 24 prospects per interview day, and they break you up in groups of 6. You begin by listening to several people talk about the school, their philosophy, financial aid, etc. Then a presentation on the PBL and how it works. Then you tour the building ( for us it was the DO building since the dental was not finished). Then the actual interview. There are two interviewers and six prospects. It only last about 45 minutes. they ask questions and everyone gets a chance to answer. After, you break for lunch and meet with current students for a Q and A session. Then another presentation. That is it.

Now this was last year and it was their first year doing it, so it might of changed. My interview last year was on a Wednesday (the only day of the week they interviewed people), but this year my interview is on a Friday. But, that is the only notable change that I see so far. Hopefully this helps and puts your mind at ease.

for those waiting for LECOM, i advise you guys check your LECOM portal! Click on admissions tab and left side click on "ADMISSIONS STATUS" NOT "your admissions status". Last you need to click on "View Admissions Status (Blue link)" and you should see this (if you are lucky)

it says:
Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance.

I haven't received an email regarding the dates of the interview or anything related.
again my stats are 3.4 sgpa 3.5 oGPA 20AA 21 PAT 20 TS 16 RC. I did many mission trips giving free dental care, research (no publications), organic TA, taught organic 1/2, and shadowed general dentist/orthodontist. Never lose Hope :xf:!

for those waiting for LECOM, i advise you guys check your LECOM portal! Click on admissions tab and left side click on "ADMISSIONS STATUS" NOT "your admissions status". Last you need to click on "View Admissions Status (Blue link)" and you should see this (if you are lucky)

it says:
Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance.

I haven't received an email regarding the dates of the interview or anything related.
again my stats are 3.4 sgpa 3.5 oGPA 20AA 21 PAT 20 TS 16 RC. I did many mission trips giving free dental care, research (no publications), organic TA, taught organic 1/2, and shadowed general dentist/orthodontist. Never lose Hope :xf:!

Your interview date would be in your email they send you congratulating you on the interview. As for the portal? It will only say your interview date and time once you confirm with the school. And this will be under the interview tab, not the admissions status tab. If you got the email for an interview, then your date and time will be in there.

Your interview date would be in your email they send you congratulating you on the interview. As for the portal? It will only say your interview date and time once you confirm with the school. And this will be under the interview tab, not the admissions status tab. If you got the email for an interview, then your date and time will be in there.

i checked under interview tab and it says wait 10 days for email regarding interview dates

Members don't see this ad :)
i checked under interview tab and it says wait 10 days for email regarding interview dates

Huh?? Mine didn't say that. But who knows. They are still pretty new at this. Hopefully your interview is soon so you can get it over with.

Huh?? Mine didn't say that. But who knows. They are still pretty new at this. Hopefully your interview is soon so you can get it over with.

the lady on the phone said "earliest is november, all sept/oct is booked!" She hasn't made the november calendar for scheduling yet, so just have to wait for the email from her.

the lady on the phone said "earliest is november, all sept/oct is booked!" She hasn't made the november calendar for scheduling yet, so just have to wait for the email from her.

Well at least they are interviewing two days a week this year. Good luck on your interview.

I talked to them yesterday, right after the invite email. I couldn't make the Oct 5 date, they didn't have anything until Nov 2.

I talked to them yesterday, right after the invite email. I couldn't make the Oct 5 date, they didn't have anything until Nov 2.

They must be on top of things this year... Already booked up until November. Mine is Sept. 21st. Good luck on your interview.

Thanks, you too. I'll be happy to miss hurricane season.

I checked my status and they said my application was still under review, then I called admissions to make sure they had everything, checked my status literally 5 minutes later and it showed I have been given an invite for an interview on October 3rd woot! So I am not sure if they are actually booked until November because they review my application today.

stephanie told me that they are booked til november but somehow she gave me oct 5 on a friday.

same thing happened with me is that LECOM portal showed Invite for interview. A day later she gave me the details on the interview

I checked my status and they said my application was still under review, then I called admissions to make sure they had everything, checked my status literally 5 minutes later and it showed I have been given an invite for an interview on October 3rd woot! So I am not sure if they are actually booked until November because they reviewed my application today.

Congratulations on your interview. I thought something was weird about the interview scheduling and how it was booked solid and that the Nov schedule was not written. I have a friend that was scheduled three weeks ago for November 21st.

Hey all, updating this post since I just had my interview and it was the same format as last year. They really create a positive and relaxing environment which allows you to be yourself, I wish all the schools tried harder to do that! The facilities were great and the faculty/staff are amazing! You can tell that they really care for their students on a personal level and did extensive research to perfect an effective learning experience. Federal loans are available now too!

I'd share more details, but I'm positive it wouldn't give you any advantages; it would just be a spoiler to the experience. Just take advantage of the opportunity they give you to be yourself, because they'll get a truer sense of who you are and your compatibility with the PBL curriculum. Best of luck! Oh, and if you can, stay a little longer to enjoy the city and nearby beaches!

Last edited:
Yeah, my interview was the same last year. I'm actually at the hotel waiting for my interview tomorrow morning. Its funny, I just interviewed with them 4 months ago. Maybe I'll get in this time :)

Good luck tomorrow. Please let me know if the process changes from last year. My interview is in a couple of weeks.

stephanie told me that they are booked til november but somehow she gave me oct 5 on a friday.

same thing happened with me is that LECOM portal showed Invite for interview. A day later she gave me the details on the interview

I think I'll be meeting you for UNE (10/1) and LECOM (10/5)!

I just received an interview this morning for oct 3rd. Seems like no one else has that date?? I don't know much about the school, so if anyone has any input from last year or currently, it'd be much appreciated.

Does anyone know the email address of the admissions committee?

I had my interview today. It was laidback and the people were very friendly. I was really impressed by the school and what it has to offer. A lot of people are scared of PBL but I found it exciting!

Hey guys, I have a quick question.
So my application mailed out on 08/31/12, I got the only email from LECOM saying that my application is currently under review on 09/04, since then I've not heard anything about the supplemental application or supplemental fee. Did they send you guys the supplemental application to your email or did you find it on their website? :(

Hey guys, I have a quick question.
So my application mailed out on 08/31/12, I got the only email from LECOM saying that my application is currently under review on 09/04, since then I've not heard anything about the supplemental application or supplemental fee. Did they send you guys the supplemental application to your email or did you find it on their website? :(

The first email I got from them was titled "LECOM has received your AADSAS Application" there was a link in the email that directed me to the supplemental application.

Side note: I got an email from them inviting me for an interview, then two weeks later I got an email saying they had just processed my supplemental application. I don't know if this was just a weird mistake or if you can get an interview at LECOM before your supplemental is reviewed.

thank you so much,
I did not get that email, I only got one that say my application is currently under review :-(
I'll give them a call tmr to see what happen.

I have one 10/12!! :)

Congrats on the interview, but on a side note you do know that Tom Petty wrote I Won't Back Down correct? Johnny Cash covered it 11 years later. Sorry off topic I know

Congrats on the interview, but on a side note you do know that Tom Petty wrote I Won't Back Down correct? Johnny Cash covered it 11 years later. Sorry off topic I know
Ha, my bad. Corrected!

The first email I got from them was titled "LECOM has received your AADSAS Application" there was a link in the email that directed me to the supplemental application.

Side note: I got an email from them inviting me for an interview, then two weeks later I got an email saying they had just processed my supplemental application. I don't know if this was just a weird mistake or if you can get an interview at LECOM before your supplemental is reviewed.

Same here..

Quick question for anybody that interviewed at LECOM. What were your transportation arrangements? I'll be flying into the Sarasota Airport and have a hotel a few miles from campus. I know some hotels offer shuttles, but is there another way to travel other than taxis? I can't seem to find any information about public transportation (that goes to the area I need it to at least haha)

Quick question for anybody that interviewed at LECOM. What were your transportation arrangements? I'll be flying into the Sarasota Airport and have a hotel a few miles from campus. I know some hotels offer shuttles, but is there another way to travel other than taxis? I can't seem to find any information about public transportation (that goes to the area I need it to at least haha)

unfortunately no. it isn't a "city" or anything like that. it's a developing suburb, so there's a lot of open space so a car/taxi service will be necessary.

i just talked to lecom and she said the only people they've booked nov interviews with were people who couldn't make the sept/oct interview dates because they don't like to fill up all of their pre-dec dates right away. she also said not to expect to hear anything from them in the next two weeks because there is some conference thing that they will be tending to and application review is on hold until afterwards.

Check your inbox!