**** The Official LECOM Bradenton Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

In-State or Out-of-State, New or Re-applicant

• In-state

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Out-of-State

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • New Applicant

Votes: 68 40.7%
  • Re-applicant

Votes: 36 21.6%

• Total voters
You also have to remember....how excited you were when you got accepted into LECOM... if it was the only school you got into...you would be attending as well...you even sent in your deposit because you weren't accepted at another school yet at the time. my guess to your answer......perhaps LECOM is the only school that these Houston people got into....

I was accepted into LECOM too, but withdrew. However would have attended if it was the only school I was accepted to.... and I'm from California.

i was just curious

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: you got ripped aznboi...I kind of had the same experience as you. Accepted and withdrew. LECOM was my absolute last resort, and to be completely honest I was considering withdrawing and reapplying even if I didn't get in anywhere else. I was pretty excited when I got accepted though, it just wore off...

Lol...in no way was I trying to rip aznboi... I was just trying to answer him even though he didn't ask me. Lol.... I'm happy for aznboi, his acceptances are well deserved. But I guess the way I read his question felt like it was kind of...... offensive? Maybe? I don't know lol..

True swoops! I was excited about my acceptance to LECOM, but my girlfriend asked me.....how come you don't seem very excited? I was kind of surprised because I felt excited and happy.. however when i got the phone call from western 3 days later...I was super stoked and I was able to tell the difference in excitement...I definitely knew what my girlfriend was talking about how I want very excited about LECOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I hear ya... Congrats on getting in at Western U--hear great things about it. Getting accepted to Temple was a completely different type of excitement like you said. That's when all the stress of this cycle was gone, and when I could actually start looking for places to live for the next 4 years. Anyways, just thought your response was funny--I know these forums are light hearted so it just made me laugh.

Thanks! Congrats on Temple! Has it been stressful for you as far as looking for places? It sucks! Lol

Yea no problem guys, just have a convo about how your glad your not going to LECOM on the LECOM thread...

DeVry man... prestige all the way around. Is it online or do you actually go to classes? I was thinking about accepting the offer UoP sent me (University of Phoenix)

lol

its online

it's actually really convenient. they have us do most of the sciences online, and we even get a simulated online patient. you really have to test your dexterity so you can maneuver the mouse around the sim. patient's mouth.

Yeah thats similar to what they do at Phoenix they utilize the new dentistry app offered to iphone users called dentist office. It's probably the best clinical school in the country.

ahh ok, yea we actually use this app called "drill your grill" which is pretty convenient. i'm also looking to get certified as a dental therapist as well so i can make some cash on the side :xf:

ahh ok, yea we actually use this app called "drill your grill" which is pretty convenient. i'm also looking to get certified as a dental therapist as well so i can make some cash on the side :xf:

Last edited:
AGXDZMTO.jpg

the online simulation is kinda like this. You press buttons to fill, drill, Root canal, low speed & high speed options, and etc.

no copyright infringement

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else from the alternate/wait list receive an acceptance yet?

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Just got in today! Woot! Woot!! Verry Excittee :D

Interviewed: 10/03/12 and wait-listed since

This probably means nothing but LECOM just added itself to the AADSAS portal. Still says "waitlisted".

Is this a sign of something? Grrr...

Hi there,

I am thinking about to apply Lecom, but I see their teaching style is based on PBL, I wonder what is so different from other school?

Thanks

Hi there,

I am thinking about to apply Lecom, but I see their teaching style is based on PBL, I wonder what is so different from other school?

Thanks

lecture or no lecture?

no lecture means u learn or read by yourself

Got into my state school last week. I will be giving my spot at LECOM up in a few days. Good luck to who ever gets it :)

As of right now, the class is full with a couple of pending acceptances, but there could be some withdrawals up until classes start...just got this response from Angela.. :(

Just received an acceptance call this morning. There is movement. Good luck guys!

I'm withdrawing my seat, so best of luck to the next person on the wait-list!

I wish this school had more movement. I'm still on the waitlist.

Does anyone have multiple acceptances who has a deposit down or does anyone potentially plan on dropping their acceptance?

Sorry Ericerics,

Nobody can be holding multiple acceptances at this point. The only way someone will drop is if they are notified of an acceptance at another school.

IT'S POSSIBLE! :luck:

I was holding 2 acceptances 5 weeks ago and now I'm once again holding 2 acceptances again...people can still hold multiple acceptances..but not for long ; )

I was holding 2 acceptances 5 weeks ago and now I'm once again holding 2 acceptances again...people can still hold multiple acceptances..but not for long ; )

So, you have put money down at each of these schools? :eek:

So, you have put money down at each of these schools? :eek:

nope not yet. I will be putting down money at one school that I was recently accepted to and losing my deposit at the other :mad:

nope not yet. I will be putting down money at one school that I was recently accepted to and losing my deposit at the other :mad:

Yeah... I lost $1000 due to deposit craziness this year : ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yeah... I lost $1000 due to deposit craziness this year : ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

So far...drum roll please....I've lost 4,100 in deposits!

Last edited:
Does anyone have multiple deposits down that is accepted to lecom

I dont' know who in their right mind would go to the LECOM dentistry school and be a guinea pig for an untested and barely accredited program. Why spend $45,000 at a diploma mill when you can spend $10-$30k at a good state school with an established dental school program.

All the students I know who got in on the first year are already regretting it.

Haha is somebody mad at LECOM? Poor little guy, good thing you made a sweet webpage, go back to pharm/med school.

I dont' know who in their right mind would go to the LECOM dentistry school and be a guinea pig for an untested and barely accredited program. Why spend $45,000 at a diploma mill when you can spend $10-$30k at a good state school with an established dental school program.

All the students I know who got in on the first year are already regretting it.

Could you imagine paying $45,000 (in total) for a dental degree? LECOM would be the most applied to dental school on earth.

This guy posts this assuming there are no equivalents in his field... Every health field has new schools pop up all the time. Unlike dental where one or two will pop up every 5 years, in the medical field new ones open every year. Why would someone go to study medicine in the Caribbean? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE DOCTORS AND THAT'S THEIR ONLY OPTION!