****The Official LECOM Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I'm wondering the same thing as Miley--

If anyone was accepted, how long after your interview did you receive a call? Especially anyone who had a Dec or post-Dec interview. I'm getting bummed that I think I've been waitlisted or (please don't be this!) a rejection since I do not have a blank status.

If I call Stephanie, can she tell us over the phone if someone is waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering the same thing as Miley--

If anyone was accepted, how long after your interview did you receive a call? Especially anyone who had a Dec or post-Dec interview. I'm getting bummed that I think I've been waitlisted or (please don't be this!) a rejection since I do not have a blank status.

If I call Stephanie, can she tell us over the phone if someone is waitlisted?

I interviewed Jan 11, and got a call on Jan 12 but could not pick it up since I was on the plane. Called back the next day and was accepted.

I put down a deposit, but withdrew last week, so good luck to all!

Hey guys my interview was in January and everyone that got accepted for calls the days after... My status was blank for 2 weeks and then changed to "u will receive a letter in 30 days"... Which I received my wait list letter :/

if they didn't give out rejections after the interviews, the alternate list must be HUGE. oh well.

always have to keep some hope:xf:

So I haven't heard anything from LECOM ever since my app was sent August 17th. I called them in November and Stephanie asked me whether I was going to drive or fly to Bradenton (I'm from ATL). There is no chance for me now considering it's March but why give people false hope? Anybody else get the same question and did not receive an invite?

So I haven't heard anything from LECOM ever since my app was sent August 17th. I called them in November and Stephanie asked me whether I was going to drive or fly to Bradenton (I'm from ATL). There is no chance for me now considering it's March but why give people false hope? Anybody else get the same question and did not receive an invite?
You should definitely call there again. Make sure you weren't invited and missed it. A few people on my interview day almost missed the opportunity because the e-mail went to their junk folders; if you don't reply to the invite they assume you don't want to come and give your spot away. Also, I wouldn't say it's too late: they told us they were interviewing through the end of March. :)

So I had my interview this past Wednesday and didn't receive a phone call. My portal message states I'll receive a letter in 30 days. Those that do get rejected or wait-listed occur by the letter? and those that are accepted are done through a phone call?

Really bummed if I'm rejected, this school really was a good fit. Still hoping for a glimmer of hope with the wait list though.

So I had my interview this past Wednesday and didn't receive a phone call. My portal message states I'll receive a letter in 30 days. Those that do get rejected or wait-listed occur by the letter? and those that are accepted are done through a phone call?

Really bummed if I'm rejected, this school really was a good fit. Still hoping for a glimmer of hope with the wait list though.

welcome to the wait list club. you'll receive a letter soon.

did they mention anything about how much of the class is filled and stuff?

welcome to the wait list club. you'll receive a letter soon.

did they mention anything about how much of the class is filled and stuff?

No they're really being indirect, it was referanced numerous times they don't consider the class full until july 13th. They did mention people have been pulled off the reserve list already. I was also reminded that on May 2nd (I think) students with 2 or more offers have to give one of them up or they'll lose both. So if you are wait listed the beginning of May would be a time to pay attention.

No they're really being indirect, it was referanced numerous times they don't consider the class full until july 13th. They did mention people have been pulled off the reserve list already. I was also reminded that on May 2nd (I think) students with 2 or more offers have to give one of them up or they'll lose both. So if you are wait listed the beginning of May would be a time to pay attention.

the reserve list meaning...alternate or blank status (yeah, theres a difference)

well in any case, i've already started to prepare for the next app cycle. i still have some hope though

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
GMiller-
The date to give up multiple deposits is early April, the prospective student then has 5 or 7 days to make their final decision. By April 15th, the schools will have a more solid # as to how many seats ate definitively taken. It's not uncommon for schools to accept students from the waitlist week classes start. Don't give up hope just yet people

GMiller-
The date to give up multiple deposits is early April, the prospective student then has 5 or 7 days to make their final decision. By April 15th, the schools will have a more solid # as to how many seats ate definitively taken. It's not uncommon for schools to accept students from the waitlist week classes start. Don't give up hope just yet people

Oh boy I hope to have a little more time than a week to know If i'm accepted to find a place to live. I'm assuming the letter in the mail will either be a notice for the waitlist? or could it be a rejection?

Oh boy I hope to have a little more time than a week to know If i'm accepted to find a place to live. I'm assuming the letter in the mail will either be a notice for the waitlist? or could it be a rejection?

i'm 99.999% positive it's for the waitlist.

the letter is prob en route. you can call and ask ms. stephanie about your status

Well they only interview on Wednesdays. I don't remember how many people interview each day (12?) and when did interviews start? If it was only 12 and they started in Sept. roughly 336 people have interviewed.

they have interviewed over 500 or so ppl. They may only interview on WEd. now but they were interviewing a lot more pre-dec.

6 people/group x 4 groups (i think)

so 24 people per week

so im guessing like almost 100 people/month for post december interviews which would mean....300 post dec interviews? does that sound right? *scratches head*

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I am still waiting for an interview and I am a reapplicant and enrolled in a one year Masters in Biology program. I already sent a letter of intent saying I am really interested in the school etc....but I am starting to loose hope now since its getting to the end of the cycle...

just withdrew my acceptance. best of luck to everyone. =)

Can anyone post the link to the accepted student Facebook page?

Is anyone in the fall class from northern Virginia?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Interviewed April 18th, got the call yesterday!

Congratulations!! was your status blank after the interview?

Congratulations!! was your status blank after the interview?

Thanks! I appreciate it!

My status was blank for about a week after the interview, but then it changed to "A decision has been made. You'll receive an official letter in 30 days.". I assumed I had been wait-listed, or even worse, possibly rejected, since they hadn't called me. But then a week after that, which was two days ago, I got a call from Mr. Shively and he told me that it wasn't an acceptance call, but that I was next on the list and needed to be ready for when someone else dropped. He actually called me back about 5 minutes later and said that someone had literally just emailed him and dropped, and that I was in if I accepted it, so it was pretty crazy how it worked out!

I have no idea where I was on the wait-list or anything like that, I hadn't even received my wait-list letter yet. In the group on Facebook, someone said that they had a friend who was waiting to hear back and everything, and wanted to know if anyone that had just gotten accepted if they were out right accepted, accepted off the priority wait list, or from the alternate list. I had no idea that there was even a priority waiting list or if that's even true. There seems to be a lot of unsurety about the whole process though. Hope this helps!

hey if any LDP male is looking for a roommate and/or apt, message me.

Is anyone here accepted to more than one dental school and is willing to withdraw from LECOM dental?? I'm stuck on the 1st of the wait list and have not been accepted anywhere yet. Either way… best of luck to everyone here :love:

Is anyone here accepted to more than one dental school and is willing to withdraw from LECOM dental?? I'm stuck on the 1st of the wait list and have not been accepted anywhere yet. Either way… best of luck to everyone here :love:

im on waitlist also

how do u know ur on the 1st of waitlist ??

Mr. Shively gave me a ring. But I really appreciated the school and how everyone was welcoming. So I would love to attend if possible. Gotta keep praying :)

FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN THE DENTAL SCHOOL PROGRAM...

I was wondering...why did you choose LECOM? Is it good so far? do you feel like you're learning the material?? I got accepted to LECOM but I just got in somewhere else to so I'm weighing in my pros and cons....if someone can please answer...you guys will be helping me out a lot :)

Thanks

FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN THE DENTAL SCHOOL PROGRAM...

I was wondering...why did you choose LECOM? Is it good so far? do you feel like you're learning the material?? I got accepted to LECOM but I just got in somewhere else to so I'm weighing in my pros and cons....if someone can please answer...you guys will be helping me out a lot :)

Thanks

I was hoping to get some of these answers too, i tried the dental forum but maybe pre-dental would be better. Or ask someone on their facebook page?

Hello Lecomers!
I want to hear your experience at the school, what you like, what you don't like, what you think it should improve.
How's the clinic experience, do you get patients? Do you have your chair or have to share etc...
Congrats to all! You are getting to the end :)