*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

for those of you who already interviewed, did you fly into the sarasota airport? I tried to reserve a taxi and they are estimating a $100 charge to drive 7 miles from the airport to the school!!

Don't get a taxi. Try uber or get a rental through hertz. Use this code 106374. 25 dollars off

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any recent interview invitation :( ?

they have like 3 interviews left , theres a chance. but they are very selective in handing out invites vs the # of applicants much more so than UDM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who already interviewed, did you fly into the sarasota airport? I tried to reserve a taxi and they are estimating a $100 charge to drive 7 miles from the airport to the school!!
take uber $25

Last year LECOM had over 3,100 applications. And they interview around 500 people. And they had many more applicants this year than last! You have to stand out and show passion to receive an interview here.

Versus Nova = 2,800 applicants and interviewed over 700.

they have like 3 interviews left , theres a chance. but they are very selective in handing out invites vs the # of applicants much more so than UDM
So they don't give out that many interviews?

So they don't give out that many interviews?

They give out quite a few I'd say... but look at the numbers 500/3200 .. thats approximately a 16% interview rates of all applicants... so 84% of applicants will not be given an interview by LECOM...

They are a school that gets a LARGE volume of applicants

All constructive criticism/recommendations welcome!​

I realize being from out of state (AR), LECOM may be hesitant when considering offering me an interview. However, my state has no dental school so I am considered out of state everywhere I apply. I lived in FL for 2 years (03-04 while my dad was in anesthesia school and would have gone to high school and college there had my sis and mom wanted to stay in SWFL instead of moving back to AR. I do not want to sound like a whiney baby, but who should I contact to discuss my application status? A specific name and # would be helpful because I feel like the general admissions emails are not as personal. Thanks in advance!!!

All constructive criticism/recommendations welcome!​

I realize being from out of state (AR), LECOM may be hesitant when considering offering me an interview. However, my state has no dental school so I am considered out of state everywhere I apply. I lived in FL for 2 years (03-04 while my dad was in anesthesia school and would have gone to high school and college there had my sis and mom wanted to stay in SWFL instead of moving back to AR. I do not want to sound like a whiney baby, but who should I contact to discuss my application status? A specific name and # would be helpful because I feel like the general admissions emails are not as personal. Thanks in advance!!!

The admissions rep at LECOM is just going to tell you its competitive and to apply if you're interested. Also, its a private school so being a FL resident or not is not really a concern of theirs. They do not ask at all if you have any ties to FL.

Tennessee would be favorable to you in admissions. It would be worth it to maybe reach out to them?

not apart of this post but one of my friends canceled their march interview today, good luck to whoever gets it. hopefully this gives someone some hope :)

So what's the chance of getting in now if the interview is March?
I got an invite just recently, but the only date available was March.
I am debating whether I should go ahead and book a plane ticket or just pray that I will hear from other schools before March interview day.

If 100 people are interviewing for 2 spots, or even waitlist, it's just ridiculous. I know we should try our best since noone knows what's going to happen, but
who really wants to drop another $500~600 for a trip to a school who doesn't interview you for a spot.

Western was like that towards the end of the cycle last year and I did not like it. There were 10 seats left and there were literally 100 people interviewing in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what's the chance of getting in now if the interview is March?
I got an invite just recently, but the only date available was March.
I am debating whether I should go ahead and book a plane ticket or just pray that I will hear from other schools before March interview day.

If 100 people are interviewing for 2 spots, or even waitlist, it's just ridiculous. I know we should try our best since noone knows what's going to happen, but
who really wants to drop another $500~600 for a trip to a school who doesn't interview you for a spot.

Western was like that towards the end of the cycle last year and I did not like it. There were 10 seats left and there were literally 100 people interviewing in 2 weeks.
I've heard that you can book with Southwest and if you cancel last minute, you get a flight credit! Better than losing money

Why is it so quiet...

Did anyone send them a letter of intent before? Do you think it would be beneficial? I haven't heard from them for a LONG time!

How long after an interview does it typically take LECOM to let you know if you've been accepted/wait listed/rejected?
i believe its the 4th of every month so if you recently interviewed you should find out March 4th

Its on a rolling basis now so they can notify you anytime.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully that doesn't mean that there will be very few acceptances from now until July.

for those of you who got their acceptances on feb 4th-5th, when is the last day for you to confirm your seats/acceptances and pay the deposit? I figured that will be when new decisions will be made...

Before the round of acceptance on feb 4th, there were 80 seats taken/made a deposit. I got this info from one of the administration worker, who's also my friend.

Last edited:
Before the round of acceptance on feb 4th, there were 80 seats taken/made a deposit. I got this info from one of the administration worker, who's also my friend.
That's a lot...

Remember that deposits doesn't equal seats taken.

I know someone who just made a deposit but is not going due to a recent acceptance at another school.

Last edited:
Remember that deposits made doesn't equal seats taken.

I know someone who just made a deposit but is not going due to a recent acceptance at another school.
yup agreed! some ppl will turn down Lecom as it's their backup plan. Let's be positive and hope that a lot of those seats got accepted elsewhere :)

yup agreed! some ppl will turn down Lecom as it's their backup plan. Let's be positive and hope that a lot of those seats got accepted elsewhere :)
I would choose LECOM over alot of school. The school is basically next to a gorgeous beach (Siesta Key) and they don't beat you to death with school work. My friend ( D1 at Baylor) told me they took 55 exams last semester.

I agree too. Lisa told me that May is the actual deadline for all of those who payed the deposit to reconfirm their seats, and she said that a lot of them just go to other schools and seats open....

for those of you who got their acceptances on feb 4th-5th, when is the last day for you to confirm your seats/acceptances and pay the deposit? I figured that will be when new decisions will be made...
The deposit was due today, February 18!

try giving them a call...
I called yesterday and left a voicemail. I got a reply today through email that I am still under review and that final decisions will be made by the end of March. I hope I get an interview by then!

Reactions: 2 users
I called yesterday and left a voicemail. I got a reply today through email that I am still under review and that final decisions will be made by the end of March. I hope I get an interview by then!
best of luck!!!! to be honest with you things aren't going well by this time.. being accepted is a very low chance, and being on the waitlist is actually a dead end.. I wish you all the best, and I hope you get what you want!

how are you guys doing with the matriculation packet? i just got so many shots :(

how are you guys doing with the matriculation packet? i just got so many shots :(
that must be really bad.... just look at the full side of the glass... good luck!!! :)

I'm ready to take double the required shots if they accept me

somebody courageous has to call and ask about when is the next decision day.... because if today is the last day for those accepted in the last round of acceptance to pay their deposits, that means we should hear something soon... i know it is a rolling admissions, but they must have set a date, or maybe already met!

I tried to reschedule my interview then just decided t0 cancel it for mid-Feb and Lisa told me they probably were going to have like 2 more dates to interview for the cycle. So I think theyre more full at this point than they were last year. I cannot see them interviewing in April... So many schools I applied to that claimed they would interview late did not!

I tried to reschedule my interview then just decided t0 cancel it for mid-Feb and Lisa told me they probably were going to have like 2 more dates to interview for the cycle. So I think theyre more full at this point than they were last year. I cannot see them interviewing in April... So many schools I applied to that claimed they would interview late did not!
Why could I have not been born a year earlier :(

I have 6 waitlists and i dont see any chances of acceptance this cycle :(
All of their classes are full now and if someone drops, they like to take someone from recent interview :(

I have 6 waitlists and i dont see any chances of acceptance this cycle :(
All of their classes are full now and if someone drops, they like to take someone from recent interview :(
Where did you interview at? :( I'm in a similar boat.

Waitlisted at Lecom, Nova, oklahoma, Rutgers, creighton
And i havent heard anything from touro
I applied in June :( and waitlisted from Dec
How about u?