*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

i email them one time and they just told me to wait. I called them and received same response.

Thank you! I feel like calling them but I think it wouldn't make a difference

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I feel like calling them but I think it wouldn't make a difference

LECOM has been inviting stats from 18-19 to 23-24 so anyone can be invited. when u complete?

Reactions: 1 user
ev
LECOM has been inviting stats from 18-19 to 23-24 so anyone can be invited. when u complete?

everything was complete in their portal 08/03.
I have 21AA 22 science nothing bellow 17, GPA: 3.74, no red flags
I have received interviews from UF, NSU and MWU-Ill

Members don't see this ad :)
ev

everything was complete in their portal 08/03.
I have 21AA 22 science nothing bellow 17, GPA: 3.74, no red flags
I have received interviews from UF, NSU and MWU-Ill

thats good. LECOM is just taking its time then I guess. I was first batch but still gotta wait.

surprisingly enough, I got first wave interview from MWU-AZ but heard nothing from MWU-il.

thats good. LECOM is just taking its time then I guess. I was first batch but still gotta wait.

surprisingly enough, I got first wave interview from MWU-AZ but heard nothing from MWU-il.
Let's see. I am trying to stay sane lol. You will get MWU-il's interview no doubt , just wait

Let's see. I am trying to stay sane lol. You will get MWU-il's interview no doubt , just wait

LOL really? I hope so LOL i was very surprised by it since MWU-IL has lower avg GPA and DAT wise compare to its sister AZ campus but I guess stats isnt everything.

LOL really? I hope so LOL i was very surprised by it since MWU-IL has lower avg GPA and DAT wise compare to its sister AZ campus but I guess stats isnt everything.

Maybe you are too good for them lol. That's how I feel about LECOM which has lower standards than UF and NSU

Hi! Do any of the girls interviewing at LECOM on Sept 17th want to split the cost of a hotel room?

Hi! Do any of the girls interviewing at LECOM on Sept 17th want to split the cost of a hotel room?

im not a girl but ill see you there kmpate03

Reactions: 1 users
Looking forward to it! :)

Anyone who has interviewed already that can give suggestions on where to stay/ what the interview was like?

I'm heading down there tomorrow for my 09/03 interview. I am staying at the Americas Best Value Inn in Sarasota, it's like $60 lol

Anyone who has interviewed already that can give suggestions on where to stay/ what the interview was like?

I haven't interviewed there yet but I went to Sarasota last month. My advice: be careful where you stay cause not all hotels are nice. We booked a Super 8 in Bradenton through Expedia. It had great reviews but it was nothing like them. It was very dirty and falling apart. We ended up loosing our money for that night cause the hotel didn't want to refund the money after 5 minutes of checking in. We went inside the room, realized it smell like cigarettes and that it was dirty, turned around, went to the office/lobby and they refused to refund the money. Ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. This was VERY clean and much safer than the previous one. Also, check some hotels around LECOM because I was told that some offer a discount if you let them know that you are interviewing at the school. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't interviewed there yet but I went to Sarasota last month. My advice: be careful where you stay cause not all hotels are nice. We booked a Super 8 in Bradenton through Expedia. It had great reviews but it was nothing like them. It was very dirty and falling apart. We ended up loosing our money for that night cause the hotel didn't want to refund the money after 5 minutes of checking in. We went inside the room, realized it smell like cigarettes and that it was dirty, turned around, went to the office/lobby and they refused to refund the money. Ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. This was VERY clean and much safer than the previous one. Also, check some hotels around LECOM because I was told that some offer a discount if you let them know that you are interviewing at the school. Good luck!

Looks like I may have a similar experience, I booked through Expedia based off reviews. I've had some terrible sleeping conditions before but I'll definitely report back just in case someone wants to give it a try. But it also means my opinion will be biased because I've slept on a door mat on a cold tile floor before :shrug:

Hyatt Place Sarasota near the airport was great. Rate was ~100 per night booked through Expedia. On the day of the interview, it took about 30 minutes to get to campus pending a quick stop at McDonald's for breakfast and traffic.

I am headed down today for my 09/03 interview. Flying from Charlotte, NC and staying in the Hyatt Place by the airport.

Looks like I may have a similar experience, I booked through Expedia based off reviews. I've had some terrible sleeping conditions before but I'll definitely report back just in case someone wants to give it a try. But it also means my opinion will be biased because I've slept on a door mat on a cold tile floor before :shrug:
Lol!!! I've slept in "modest" hotels before but nothing like this. We weren't even 5 minutes in the room and left smelling like cigarettes... Plus other stuff that we saw that would be gross to mention here...
Good luck everyone interviewing!!!! You got this!!! :highfive:

How long did it take after getting the "we've received your supplemental..." update on the LECOM portal did it take for some of you to get an interview?

How long did it take after getting the "we've received your supplemental..." update on the LECOM portal did it take for some of you to get an interview?

45 days

I took my DAT a little late (8/6/2015). I received an email from LECOM saying they have processed my supplemental 8/26 and my aadsas says "File under review by admissions committee". When should i expect to hear back?
AA:19 GPA: 3.17

Interviewed last year but unfortunately did not get in. AMAZING school. I hope i have better luck this year. Good luck to you all!
why do you think you did not get in?

I'm interviewing on 8/20 as well! Did you guys get a confirmation that they received your acceptance email?
How did your interview go? Anything you didnt expect or didnt like? What can you share about the school?

Hi guys. I too received an email from LECOM today at 11:29. Scheduled an interview for 8/20.
How did your interview go? Anything you didnt expect or didnt like? What can you share about the school?

Lol!!! I've slept in "modest" hotels before but nothing like this. We weren't even 5 minutes in the room and left smelling like cigarettes... Plus other stuff that we saw that would be gross to mention here...
Good luck everyone interviewing!!!! You got this!!! :highfive:
Where did you stay?

Ive been under review since 08/03! Anyone still in the same boat? Stats are 22AA 23TS 20PAT sGPA 3.5 oGPA 3.71

Ive been under review since 08/03! Anyone still in the same boat? Stats are 22AA 23TS 20PAT sGPA 3.5 oGPA 3.71
I've been under review since 07/27. 22AA 23 TS 25 PAT sGPA 3.53 oGPA 3.38. Very similar stats to you. I've gotten interview invites to schools much more competitive than LECOM, so I have no idea what's going on with them.

I've been under review since 07/27. 22AA 23 TS 25 PAT sGPA 3.53 oGPA 3.38. Very similar stats to you. I've gotten interview invites to schools much more competitive than LECOM, so I have no idea what's going on with them.
Thats nice to hear! Where all have you gotten interviews. Ive gotten some at NOVA, UAB, and Maryland.

Where did you stay?
The bad experience was at the Super 8 Bradenton Sarasota Area. The good experience was at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. Two years ago I stayed at the Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport and it was good as well.

Thats nice to hear! Where all have you gotten interviews. Ive gotten some at NOVA, UAB, and Maryland.
Sounds like you're doing pretty good. So far it's Univ. of Michigan, UCSF, UNLV, and Roseman.

Pretttty quiet on this side of SDN... :thinking:

Hey guys, I really enjoyed my stay at the America's Best Value Inn. It was about 10 minutes from the dental building. The breakfast was really weak (wouldn't even call it a breakfast) and the area was not the best, but I've lived in many rough areas in my life so it did not affect me. I would recommend it and will give them a positive rating on expedia/trip advisor.

How was the interview process?

Hey guys, I really enjoyed my stay at the America's Best Value Inn. It was about 10 minutes from the dental building. The breakfast was really weak (wouldn't even call it a breakfast) and the area was not the best, but I've lived in many rough areas in my life so it did not affect me. I would recommend it and will give them a positive rating on expedia/trip advisor.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback ;) How was your interview?

Has anyone written a letter of intent to go here?

What do you mean by that? Never heard of anyone writing a letter of intent to go somewhere.
After the interview they say to write a letter of intent of they are your number one school.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback ;) How was your interview?

@kmpate03 @Domenick12

Don't want to say anything too revealing, not that I am a gunner scared of the competition, but I do not want to upset the school. I will let you know that since we are on SDN, we are better prepared. I spoke with a few interviewees and they did not have any clue what PBL is or that it was a group interview prior to arriving there. Definitely review PBL and see if it is right for you, but they also have a few presentations before you go into the interview. Honestly, I think everyone in my interview group did great. There were 6 students and 2 faculty, and they just asked normal questions. A good thing about the group interview is that if there wasn't someone there to answer a question first, I probably would have stumbled over it.

Many of the questions are on here http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/lecom-sdm-fl?tab=1

I don't want to ramble on, but this was far less stressful than my UF interview. This was many of the students' first interview so they had a bit of nerves, but after the interview was done I didn't notice anyone that felt bad about their performance.

If you have any more questions then feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 6 users
wtf I submitted my supplemental last month and today I received an email that my supplemental still hasn't been received :bang:

Shout out to them for taking over a month to process a supplemental app

I stayed in Sleep Inn in Ellenton, it was like 20 ish minutes to the school.

first thing i got from them on my portal ..File is currently under review by the Admissions Committee.
has any one else got this updated ?