*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

When did you get that? Mine is still saying:
"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Supplemental submitted on 8-21, anyone after that date receive any updates yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Still have the same message... It's been there since 8/28

Still have the same message... It's been there since 8/28

Mine has said "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made" since 7/22. Second batch here :(

Members don't see this ad :)
first thing i got from them on my portal ..File is currently under review by the Admissions Committee.
has any one else got this updated ?
I got the same update today!

i got it today i submitted my supplemental on the 8/14

i got it today i submitted my supplemental on the 8/14
Also it is the first update I've had since the supplemental they weren't even on my portal till today.

Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made" since 7/22 :(

Update: I just got an invite this morning at 6:14 AM (PST)!! How uncanny I just posted here!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone having an interview tmrw? im at the holiday in express on Lena st. Pretty board. maybe we can all check out the city together who ever is here. Let me know!

anyone having an interview tmrw? im at the holiday in express on Lena st. Pretty board. maybe we can all check out the city together who ever is here. Let me know!
I'm interviewing tomorrow, I'm staying at a house about ten mins from school

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not flying out till Friday morning so if you guys want to hangout tomorrow would be good.
me too lol, I'll see you guys tmrw morning and we will exchange contact info after the interview.

I'm at the holiday inn, too!

Last edited:
"The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application"

How long after this email did you all get an invite? I was mailed out 8/14 and had my supplemental done on that date as well

"The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application"

How long after this email did you all get an invite? I was mailed out 8/14 and had my supplemental done on that date as well
are you missing anything like a LOR or anythig like that?

Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
One grammar mistake and one spelling mistake on my admissions status, haha. That pesky "r" is in the wrong spot!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing Oct. 27? Let me know or PM me!

I'm coming over from California and totally unsure where is cheapest to fly into/stay - flights are crazy long (12 hrs, what!) and so expensive!!

Anyone interviewing Oct. 27? Let me know or PM me!

I'm coming over from California and totally unsure where is cheapest to fly into/stay - flights are crazy long (12 hrs, what!) and so expensive!!

What I did was fly into tampa (someone here I think said Orlando might be cheaper?) Also jet blue is having some sort of sale I think, rented a car and stayed at a airbnb home in Lakewood ranch, fl The Lady's name is christine on airbnb and she was fabulous. The place was perfect and took me about 7 mins to get to school. She even made me breakfast in the morning. I'd definitely recommend her. and it was cheaper than a hotel.

Reactions: 2 users
For everyone who had their interview, do you mind sharing how it went? Not specifics of course but just in general?

It was good, the group interview was definitely something different and the school is beautiful.

For everyone who had their interview, do you mind sharing how it went? Not specifics of course but just in general?

Pretty much what @dontbescared said. Beautiful campus and the students are very laid back. The campus seems to be a low stress environment, which is great.

If you're looking into the Navy like I am, HPSP for the navy hasn't been allowed for the school yet, but that should change when they get full accreditation on October.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have already interviewed, how long was the interview? What time did you get out? My confirmation email said 2:30PM but I was wondering if we could get out a bit earlier since my flight is at 3:55PM.

For those that have already interviewed, how long was the interview? What time did you get out? My confirmation email said 2:30PM but I was wondering if we could get out a bit earlier since my flight is at 3:55PM.

Interview was an hour long and if i recall correctly we got out on time.

I recently got an invite to interview. :) First batch applicant here with IMHO decent stats, so the wait was like forever.

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I preferably would like to schedule my interview (it's nice that LECOM lets you choose when to interview!) later in the year, possibly in November, but probably in December. The thing is, that's when all the early interviewees from other schools get their acceptance notices. I am worried that by scheduling my interview later than earlier would make the LECOM adcom think that their school doesn't rank high in my choice of schools.

Sure, I may have a school that I would preferably like to attend over LECOM (and I will happen to get my acceptance/rejection notice in early December), but I don't want that to go against me. Also, interviewing in November/December would fit my schedule much better any who for a plethora of reasons.

Anyways, I have a couple of questions.

1) How many interviews does LECOM offer per year? From Dr. toothache's info, I know they process about >3000 applications and accept around 100 a year. But no where does his spreadsheet tells me how many applicants the school interviews per year.

2) When does LECOM send out their first batch of acceptance notices? Is it on Dec. 1st, like some other schools I know?

Thanks!

You'll get out right at 2:30. The whole day is scheduled to have everyone out by 2:25-2:35

I recently got an invite to interview. :) First batch applicant here with IMHO decent stats, so the wait was like forever.

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I preferably would like to schedule my interview (it's nice that LECOM lets you choose when to interview!) later in the year, possibly in November, but probably in December. The thing is, that's when all the early interviewees from other schools get their acceptance notices. I am worried that by scheduling my interview later than earlier would make the LECOM adcom think that their school doesn't rank high in my choice of schools.

Sure, I may have a school that I would preferably like to attend over LECOM (and I will happen to get my acceptance/rejection notice in early December), but I don't want that to go against me. Also, interviewing in November/December would fit my schedule much better any who for a plethora of reasons.

1) How many interviews does LECOM offer per year? From Dr. toothache's info, I know they process about >3000 applications and accept around 100 a year. But no where does his spreadsheet tells me how many applicants the school interviews per year.

2) When does LECOM send out their first batch of acceptance notices? Is it on Dec. 1st, like some other schools I know?

Thanks!
For question 1, I know last year they interviewed about 133 IS and 453 OOS

Thanks!
When I interviewed with the Chair of Admissions she said that they would likely interview around 300 prior to December 1st. On December 1st they would send out their acceptance offers and will be about 150. Their class only holds 100 but they figure at least 50 will choose to go elsewhere. Having a Pre-December interview will increase your chances significantly. However, if you feel confident that you will get an acceptance from your number one school then schedule it later. But personally I think it would be a poor decision and IMO shows them that they are definitely not your number one choice if you push your interview back a month or two.

So I just called LECOM, I found out they have a 30 day review period after you submit your secondary application. Afterwards, it goes to the admissions committee and from then there is no limit on when they can send an interview/rejection! Also, the secondary took a few days to verify.. I submit it the 31st I believe and it was processed the 2nd of September.

For those who have interviewed already, I was wondering what the order of events were/how the day went (i.e. when people arrived, whether the interview before/after lunch, etc). Did all the groups interview at the same time (with different panels) or were they waiting around until their turn? Also curious as to what you thought of the PBL and how involved it is in the curriculum. Thanks in advance!

Anyone else interviewing this Thursday? :) a little nervous since it's a group interview!

Last edited: