2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Agreed. Mine finally changed today to show is being reviewed by adcom. Hope I get an interview by end of week

Is your checklist of credits and LoRs updated? Mine isn't for some odd reason. And they wont email me back or answer the phone.

Members don't see this ad.

Is your checklist of credits and LoRs updated? Mine isn't for some odd reason. And they wont email me back or answer the phone.

Mine isn't either but my admissions status states that my supp app is received and will begin review. I submitted my supp weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

Yes mine seemed to all update at once.

And don't get me started. I honestly think they only have one person dealing with communication and such... Nice lady but don't expect to get a pickup when calling and emailing can take days. Just be patient. That's one thing this whole process is teaching me.... PATIENCE

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine isn't either but my admissions status states that my supp app is received and will begin review. I submitted my supp weeks ago

Thats what has me confused. Mine says the same thing, that its under review. Its early in the process I know, but The disconnect worries me. Maybe they're working backwards? Later supplemental submissions are being looked at now, idk.

Yep, it gave me a confirmation for the payment (but not necessarily the supplemental.) I'm assuming this is fine? I just found it strange they referenced the payment, but not the supplemental.

You're fine, I got mine in June 26th and it got Processed on July 12th. ;)

Also... Just got an interview for August!!!

My stats:
Fl resident
3.63 OGPA (3.51 first school, 3.82 new school)
3.68 sGPA
3.75 BCP
21 AA/ 21 TS / 18 PAT/ 17 QR (lowest)
Application mailed 6/24
Supplemental in 6/29
LOR in 7/15

To those of you that have received your secondaries. Did you have your DAT scores uploaded the same time you esubmitted your application? I e submitted in late june and took my dat july 5th but i still have not received notification about secondaries. I got notification that they received my AADSAS application though. Was the secondaries mailed or emailed to you?

To those of you that have received your secondaries. Did you have your DAT scores uploaded the same time you esubmitted your application? I e submitted in late june and took my dat july 5th but i still have not received notification about secondaries. I got notification that they received my AADSAS application though. Was the secondaries mailed or emailed to you?

same bought. they're probably waiting for the official dat to post

I send my secondary all the way back on June 10th I think and still haven't heard anything back yet.

LECOM requires patience. It took about 6 months for me to get an interview from when I submitted my secondary.

LECOM requires patience. It took about 6 months for me to get an interview from when I submitted my secondary.
That's not a good sign... I'm second batch, the waiting game is killing me but they shouldn't take THAT long to process.

That's not a good sign... I'm second batch, the waiting game is killing me but they shouldn't take THAT long to process.

I wonder how you'll feel when you go to LECOM and interview and see that there are 24 students you are competing against in a group interview. Lol.

There 24 students in the group interview? I'm considering withdrawing my application. I really have no desire to go here plus I'm terrible at group interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
There 24 students in the group interview? I'm considering withdrawing my application. I really have no desire to go here plus I'm terrible at group interview.

It's a great campus and tuition is much more reasonable than many other schools. It's a group interview. They break down 24 candidates into groups of 6 and put them into slots and then they ask questions and people take turns answering.

I'm have a laid back personality so I don't think I will shine with a group interview.

I wonder how you'll feel when you go to LECOM and interview and see that there are 24 students you are competing against in a group interview. Lol.
I didn't know that, but good to know. All I can do is be myself in a professional manner and hope they like me lol.

How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary? My AACOMAS was verified 3 weeks ago. I just got my MCAT score back a few days ago if that makes a difference?

I think you're in the wrong thread.
Did you mean DAT instead of MCAT?

Does anyone know the schedule for interviews? I got the start and end times but I was curious as to know what happens during the day.

Does anyone know the schedule for interviews? I got the start and end times but I was curious as to know what happens during the day.

It's 9:00am to 2:30pm. There is an introduction by a couple people in the beginning then around 10:00am they break into 4 groups of 6. You get interviewed by 2 people. This finished around 12:00pm I think. You have lunch. You get a couple more presentations by finance and loans and such. They have ambassadors that give you a tour. You leave or, as many others did that I wish I did too, you go party at Siesta Key (rated like the #1 beach or something).

It's 9:00am to 2:30pm. There is an introduction by a couple people in the beginning then around 10:00am they break into 4 groups of 6. You get interviewed by 2 people. This finished around 12:00pm I think. You have lunch. You get a couple more presentations by finance and loans and such. They have ambassadors that give you a tour. You leave or, as many others did that I wish I did too, you go party at Siesta Key (rated like the #1 beach or something).
Thank you! Do you know if the beach thing is an official part of the day or something people just informally do afterwards? If its something with adcoms there watching how we interact or something I would go, if not I work at one of the top ranked beaches in the country so I'll pass.

Thank you! Do you know if the beach thing is an official part of the day or something people just informally do afterwards? If its something with adcoms there watching how we interact or something I would go, if not I work at one of the top ranked beaches in the country so I'll pass.
lol

I'm not sure why that's funny... Augusta has a dinner the night before their interview and from what I gather the adcoms are there watching how students interact, I feel this is an appropriate and reasonable question.

Interview!!
OOS-Ohio resident.
20 AA 3.8 GPA
August 25th. anyone else?

Nope, still waiting for them to process my apps. I sent mine like June 30....

Got my interview for 9/15!!!

Interview #2

School: LECOM
Notification date: 7/25
Method of notification: email
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/2
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.74 oGPA:3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 18 PAT 21 RC 22. None Below 17

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected this morning via email - lol that's that

Was it due to a gpa cutoff criteria? My sgpa isn't so great, so I might be able to save myself $50 cause I just received the supplemental this morning and didn't pay the fee yet lol

Interview a few days ago, FL resident. Good luck to everyone!

Received an interview today for 9-20.
GPA: 3.89
DAT: AA 18 TS 18 RC 21 PAT 21
OOS
Good luck everyone!!

Rejected this morning via email - lol that's that

Wow that's a bummer. What're your stats if you don't mind me asking, because I'd like to know if I should save the money I would've spent on the application.

been 12 days since I submitted the supplemental but still the same status on LECOM portal "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." For those with interviews, how soon did LECOM status changed after you paid the fee?

been 12 days since I submitted the supplemental but still the same status on LECOM portal "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." For those with interviews, how soon did LECOM status changed after you paid the fee?

Did you get any extra confirmation email after the secondary?

I submitted mine July 1st and haven't heard anything yet. Just gotta wait

I will tell you this... after my status changed letting me know admissions committee has my app and will begin reviewing it, it took 7 days exactly to get my interview. Noticed a similar trend in earlier interview offers last few weeks.

I will tell you this... after my status changed letting me know admissions committee has my app and will begin reviewing it, it took 7 days exactly to get my interview. Noticed a similar trend in earlier interview offers last few weeks.

Yeah, some people are extremely lucky that they pass through to get an interview offer very quickly like a hot knife through butter and others, with better stats sometimes, don't.

I'm have a laid back personality so I don't think I will shine with a group interview.

laid back doesn't mean shy right? I think being laid back is not a bad thing. Much better than aggressive like some people are in group interviews in hopes to stand out. Big nono in group interview. They want to see how you interact.

Yeah, some people are extremely lucky that they pass through to get an interview offer very quickly like a hot knife through butter and others, with better stats sometimes, don't.

that is very true. Sometimes, this whole application thing feels like crabshoot, or random process. I am not even sure what they look for.
It's definitely not just grades and DAT, because there are plenty of people not getting in with great numbers and plenty of schools with lots of people with average stats or below.

that is very true. Sometimes, this whole application thing feels like crabshoot, or random process. I am not even sure what they look for.
It's definitely not just grades and DAT, because there are plenty of people not getting in with great numbers and plenty of schools with lots of people with average stats or below.

I'm not sure what they look for anymore. People around me are baffled and I pack in 14 hours a day worth of school, work, volunteering, and more. Meanwhile, people who have 2 hours of volunteer and 1 week of shadowing get in with lesser stats. So frustrating at times.

Did you end up in Touro or LECOM?

Don't mean to sound the alarm, but just an FYI:

I submitted my primary app June 5th, was in the first mail out, and never received confirmation or a supplemental email from LECOM. I followed up with them a week ago and they said they don't have an application on file for me.

AADSAS confirmed it was sent to them, so I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. All of my other schools confirmed receipt, so it sounds like an anomaly.

TL;DR If you applied early and haven't gotten a supplemental email yet, you r app might have fallen into the same blackhole mine is floating in right about now!

I submitted mine July 1st and haven't heard anything yet. Just gotta wait

Don't mean to sound the alarm, but just an FYI:

I submitted my primary app June 5th, was in the first mail out, and never received confirmation or a supplemental email from LECOM. I followed up with them a week ago and they said they don't have an application on file for me.

AADSAS confirmed it was sent to them, so I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. All of my other schools confirmed receipt, so it sounds like an anomaly.

TL;DR If you applied early and haven't gotten a supplemental email yet, you r app might have fallen into the same blackhole mine is floating in right about now!

I mailed mine early June too and never receive an confirmation email that they received my supplemental . I did get the supplemental link and filled it out but they never confirm they process it yet.

i think my supplemental just got process. i just checked my required letter and credits and it has been updated. for those that receive interview so far, how long did it take you to get an interview after your application was process?

i think my supplemental just got process. i just checked my required letter and credits and it has been updated. for those that receive interview so far, how long did it take you to get an interview after your application was process?
When did you turn in your supplemental?

i think 6/10. the first day it was available for me.

I'm not sure what they look for anymore. People around me are baffled and I pack in 14 hours a day worth of school, work, volunteering, and more. Meanwhile, people who have 2 hours of volunteer and 1 week of shadowing get in with lesser stats. So frustrating at times.

Did you end up in Touro or LECOM?

I ended up choosing lecom. Even though their 4th year students had issues passing ADEX portion of test, or something like that. I figured it's still a safer bet than being an inaugural class. Don't get me wrong, touro can be just as good as any other dental school, but there will be some aspects of things that are just inevitably not smooth and first year students will be the guinea pigs before changes are implemented in the following years.

That was the same case for first graduating class at LECOM. I believe their PBL courses were jointed with medical school students and I heard it was disastrous. They changed it on their second year and they said it's been working fine.