2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Did you guys get a confirmation that your primary application was received? I applied over a week ago and have heard nothing.

It took over a month for them to get back to me with an interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

And yeah I'm pretty sure we got confirmation but I can't recall how long it took

Members don't see this ad.

Careful, my interview got unscheduled somehow due to a glitch with the portal. Was seconds from buying the plane tickets. Called them and they made me reschedule to a different date. Check your portals..

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm that LECOM has received all items for the admissions committee? I have submitted my secondary last week but LECOM is not showing on my AADSAS portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm that LECOM has received all items for the admissions committee? I have submitted my secondary last week but LECOM is not showing on my AADSAS portal.
You can try sending them an email.

Their portal isn't that reliable.

Reactions: 1 users
Their portal isn't that reliable.
That's very true. I had the same problem and someone told me to call a lady named Annette, and when I spoke to her she said that their portal doesn't update very quickly and it's not very accurate at times on what you do have turned in. so if you've received everything (meaning an email in regards to your supplement) you should be fine. If you're like me and want to make sure just give her a call.

MWZ Arizona. I can PM you the reason why I think they gave me a hard rejection this early.

Edit: Thought you were Molar Bear, not sexylife LOL. I can still tell you why... it had to do with my PS and a conflict with their program goal.

If you don't mind, please PM me as well. I am a reapplicant and I got rejected from them as soon as I completed my application process, which was way back in October last year. I did not reapply to MWZ Arizona this year.

I think one reason could be your submit date. October is pretty late in the game and unless you got crazy stats, you most likely would be reject from any other school too.

Last edited:
Would it be too late to apply to LECOM/ Midwestern University? I already applied to other schools but am getting super antsy and think I want to extend my app to these 2 schools...Decent stats

Would it be too late to apply to LECOM/ Midwestern University? I already applied to other schools but am getting super antsy and think I want to extend my app to these 2 schools...Decent stats

I don't think it's too late. Add them ASAP.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone who hasn't gotten an interview but on the LECOM website has "Required Letters and Credits" section filled out? Mine is still blank, so wondering if they still haven't looked at my application yet or they only fill out that section for people who got an interview :thinking: Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who hasn't gotten an interview but on the LECOM website has "Required Letters and Credits" section filled out? Mine is still blank, so wondering if they still haven't looked at my application yet or they only fill out that section for people who got an interview :thinking: Thank you!
Mine is still blank too and I'm about to email them to make sure they have received everything.

Mine is still blank too and I'm about to email them to make sure they have received everything.
Thank you! Please let us know what they reply. I submitted the supplemental application early July ...

Thank you! Please let us know what they reply. I submitted the supplemental application early July ...

I submitted my primary application is mid June and received my supplemental mid July. Possibly because they didn't have my DAT scores because I took it July 5th. Also I submitted my secondary before the beginning of August, I still have not received and interview or credits section filled out.

I submitted my primary application is mid June and received my supplemental mid July. Possibly because they didn't have my DAT scores because I took it July 5th. Also I submitted my secondary before the beginning of August, I still have not received and interview or credits section filled out.
Thank you for the information! I had all my letters and scores before submitting my supplemental, and got a "We received your supplemental application" right after finishing my supplemental first week of July (which I think was an automated message?) but nothing after.

I haven't received an interview yet, but my "Required letters and credits" section was filled out on 8/5.

Primary mailed out 7/1, finished secondary on 7/2, and received secondary processed email on 8/5

I emailed them about this last week. Here is their response.
"No that doesn’t mean you are missing anything. At this time your application has not been officially reviewed, as soon as I am able to get to it you will receive another email stating your status."

Thus, if you don't have the required letters and credits section filled out, they probably haven't even glanced at your application. Come today it will have been two weeks since submitting my secondary with this section still incomplete on my portal....

I emailed them about this last week. Here is their response.
"No that doesn’t mean you are missing anything. At this time your application has not been officially reviewed, as soon as I am able to get to it you will receive another email stating your status."

Thus, if you don't have the required letters and credits section filled out, they probably haven't even glanced at your application. Come today it will have been two weeks since submitting my secondary with this section still incomplete on my portal....

You have to wait. It is a long process. I'm a reapplicant and I can tell you that last cycle I had to wait 8 months for the interview invite. Unfortunately, I got waitlisted and nobody dropped a seat but I'm reapplying again so just take it from my experience that it is normal for LECOM.

Thank you all so much for sharing these. It sure is a long stressful process lol may 2016 be a good cycle for all of us :)

I'm staying in Tampa from September 7th-11th for my interview, so if any of you wanna get together and hang out that'd be awesome. Message me!

just want to tell you guys to hang in there, even if you don't receive pre-dec interviews.
LECOM does plenty of post-dec interviews and quite a lot of my classmates interviewed after december.

Just don't freak out if you don't get an invite, or get waitlisted.
Keep sending them updates.

If you have any significant updates, I suggest you send them to Marjorie Bell. She is the one who looks at them and make suggestions to adcoms who should be considered for interviews, get off the waitlist, accepted, etc, etc. I heard this from a professor who's in the adcom, so it's a pretty reliable information.

Marjorie's email is [email protected]

Reactions: 4 users
just want to tell you guys to hang in there, even if you don't receive pre-dec interviews.
LECOM does plenty of post-dec interviews and quite a lot of my classmates interviewed after december.

Just don't freak out if you don't get an invite, or get waitlisted.
Keep sending them updates.

If you have any significant updates, I suggest you send them to Marjorie Bell. She is the one who looks at them and make suggestions to adcoms who should be considered for interviews, get off the waitlist, accepted, etc, etc. I heard this from a professor who's in the adcom, so it's a pretty reliable information.

Marjorie's email is [email protected]
I heard they are making a lot of changes to the admissions. Ms. Bell isn't handling this at all any more. Not sure who to contact...

So I have an interview here next week that I am going to. From what I have heard they are having a lot of issues with accreditation. Can anyone who goes to this school explain what is going on with them receiving accreditation?

Anyone want to share anything of how the interview went, what it all consisted of, and words of advice?

Anyone want to share anything of how the interview went, what it all consisted of, and words of advice?

Interview is a group interview. Questions range from made-up scenarios to why dentistry. There is the "tell me about yourself" but that is standard in all interviews. It's important to show confidence and the ability to work well within the group you are interviewing with. Don't try to talk over one another or snub someone else's answer. Sometimes they go in order, but mainly they let whoever wants answer first. The difficult part is that almost everyone has the same answers with similar interests and reasons. You NEED to talk about what makes you UNIQUE. Don't lie about anything as it can becomes suspicious when you see someone who doesn't look like they knit a day in their life claim how they love to knit and then get thrown off by being asked knitting techniques (this didn't happen, but am just being hypothetical). Other than that, there are a few good books out there that can help you prep.

Invited for interview!
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Secondary Complete: 7/2
Secondary Processed Email: 8/5
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21,21,20,21,none

just got my interview email this mourning too.

So did it take a month for all of you guys to get the secondary processed email after you had submitted your secondary? I submitted my secondary I think towards the end of July/early August and I still haven't received an application complete email from them.

Be careful with GPS. I typed in just the address and it sent me to the hospital located ten minutes away. I panicked but made it 3 minutes before the interview. So type in LECOM School of Dentistry with the address.

Interview day was really nice. There was a really fun activity that I won't disclose.

The interview style was like four groups of 6, and you will sit at a table with your group. A few ethics questions you will need to answer and the basics like. "why dentistry?" No order of answering in my room, but make sure you listen to other people and let them talk, and don't go without answering a question. It is to see how you work in a group. Personally, I had someone in my interview that I felt disputed my answers over silly details, so make sure you can appropriately deal with that. I wish I had said more than, "oh I see, that's true...". Make sure you know exactly why you want to go to LECOM.

Lunch was some nice sandwiches and wraps after the interview , and I really enjoyed mine. A vegetarian option is available upon request.

The day was a little too dragged out for me, with a lot of downtime between. It lasted 6 hours, which sucked after waking up at 2 am. Lol. Overall though, enjoy yourself. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and the layout of operatories and equipment had me drooling. The school's focus is clinical, so if your focus is research, this probably won't be the school for you.

Interview #4!!
Received today (8/30) via email
Scheduled for October 20th
WA resident

So do we only get the interview confirmation 3 days later after scheduling or 10 days before the interview date or both? How do we know it's been "confirmed" after scheduling it?

I received an interview yesterday!!!

don't hound SDN--your time will come soon!

I received an interview yesterday!!!

don't hound SDN--your time will come soon!

When was your Supp fee paid? Anyone else still waiting for their "initial review" to finish?

this is how my timeline went. submitted my secondary on 6/10. got it verify on 7/27. got an interview invite email on 8/30.

this is how my timeline went. submitted my secondary on 6/10. got it verify on 7/27. got an interview invite email on 8/30.

What does verify mean? Does it mean that status where it says, "We received your supplemental...review process will begin... You will be notified when updates are made."?

What does verify mean? Does it mean that status where it says, "We received your supplemental...review process will begin... You will be notified when updates are made."?
when they send me that verification email, they updated my required letters and credits folder. check that folder to see if there is something in it, if it is completed then you are verify from their end.

when they send me that verification email, they updated my required letters and credits folder. check that folder to see if there is something in it, if it is completed then you are verify from their end.

Yeah mine says it was completed in 2015. They must be using my data from last cycle. I submitted the supp fee July 15. Dang.

don't quote me on this, but i think when they send me that email, my status was change to "we processed your supplemental." just check your email to see if they send that supplemental processing email.

For anyone who is currently a student at LECOM's dental school -- would you mind sharing your opinions on the PBL curriculum? Also, what is your day-to-day schedule like in terms of having to be on campus, studying routines, etc.?

For anyone who is currently a student at LECOM's dental school -- would you mind sharing your opinions on the PBL curriculum? Also, what is your day-to-day schedule like in terms of having to be on campus, studying routines, etc.?

I second this question

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

supp paid july 16th & supp app was processed 2 weeks after

Good to know. That means they are deliberately not processing mine even though I'm a reapplicant. I paid before that. What gives! Man....

So I submitted everything by July 15th. I just went on LECOM to check my portal and now it's saying that my supplement is in progress and that they haven't received my letters and credits... But I received an email saying that my supplement had been completed. I'm panicking.... It's September :(