2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I called lecom and they said not to worry .. like 2 months ago. Haha take that as you will.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good to know. That means they are deliberately not processing mine even though I'm a reapplicant. I paid before that. What gives! Man....

hmmm, it looks like you're a pretty competitive applicant based on your stats. do you have any idea why they would reject you without an interview?

hmmm, it looks like you're a pretty competitive applicant based on your stats. do you have any idea why they would reject you without an interview?

I got an interview last cycle. By the time I received an invite, 99 of the 100 seats were already taken. I was put on Waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called lecom and they said not to worry .. like 2 months ago. Haha take that as you will.
Haha oh jeez. Do you still have the same issue with the application in process note and the lack of letters and credits listed on the portal too?

Haha oh jeez. Do you still have the same issue with the application in process note and the lack of letters and credits listed on the portal too?
Yes I do.. I'll likely still call mid-late September. I prefer being proactive and extra cautious.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I do.. I'll likely still call mid-late September. I prefer being proactive and extra cautious.

Yikes for both of us! And I'm the same way. I sent an email, to which I haven't gotten a response. They're probably super busy, so I get that. I just called and left a message. Hopefully all our questions and worries get resolved soon!

Just got a reply! They said that it seems that everything is fine and that my application is just in line to be reviewed :) whew

Just got a reply! They said that it seems that everything is fine and that my application is just in line to be reviewed :) whew

This kind of makes me feel better but, not really. My required letters and credits haven't been processed yet and I completed my secondary on July 2nd...

Are we supposed to get an email confirmation after scheduling our interview on the portal?

Received interview #3 from lecom today. 20AA 3.6 sGPA

Members don't see this ad :)
To add to TheDiddler's question, does anyone know what the average GPA/DAT scores were for students accepted during the last cycle?

2015-2016 ADEA handbook

3.38 oGPA, 3.29 sGPA 19 AA

My stats are above their averages, haven't heard a peep from them.... probably not gonna expect anything from them, got 2 other interviews anyway!

Surprising to hear that you haven't heard from them, despite having stats that are above their averages. Do you think it's because of yield protection?

Surprising to hear that you haven't heard from them, despite having stats that are above their averages. Do you think it's because of yield protection?
Very likely so. I think someone mentioned on a Touro-bashing thread a week or so ago that the "lower-tier" schools offer interviews to students unlikely to receive invites anywhere else... with the exception of students with extremely stellar stats that will raise the school's average GPA and DAT scores. Not bashing LECOM or any other school... just trying to make sense of this whole application process.

That puts "average" students like me in a tough situation. We don't have low enough scores to get pity from some d-schools, but we don't score high enough to get a Columbia/Harvard interview. It's like being the middle child of all your siblings - no love!

Again not complaining - I am very fortunate to have not just one but two interview invites. I'm sure there's applicants with my 3.4 oGPA 21 AA that haven't gotten a single invite.

Very likely so. I think someone mentioned on a Touro-bashing thread a week or so ago that the "lower-tier" schools offer interviews to students unlikely to receive invites anywhere else... with the exception of students with extremely stellar stats that will raise the school's average GPA and DAT scores. Not bashing LECOM or any other school... just trying to make sense of this whole application process.

That puts "average" students like me in a tough situation. We don't have low enough scores to get pity from some d-schools, but we don't score high enough to get a Columbia/Harvard interview. It's like being the middle child of all your siblings - no love!

Again not complaining - I am very fortunate to have not just one but two interview invites. I'm sure there's applicants with my 3.4 oGPA 21 AA that haven't gotten a single invite.

I thought you said above that you had a 3.38 and a 19AA? Did you retake the DAT? But anyways, if they didn't extend an interview invitation because they figured your grades/DAT were too high, then I definitely don't stand a chance either. My oGPA is a 3.42 and my sGPA is somewhere between 3.2-3.3; I haven't taken the DAT yet. How low does someone's GPA need to be to get an interview invitation from LECOM? Don't most applicants usually ask the opposite question? LOL

BTW, besides LECOM and Touro, are there any other lower-tiered schools that are easier to get into?

Last edited:

I thought yield protection mainly apply to high stats applicants? I dont see the point for yield protection with avg applicants.

For anyone who is currently a student at LECOM's dental school -- would you mind sharing your opinions on the PBL curriculum? Also, what is your day-to-day schedule like in terms of having to be on campus, studying routines, etc.?

i replied to this question via msg.
I thought you said above that you had a 3.38 and a 19AA? Did you retake the DAT? But anyways, if they didn't extend an interview invitation because they figured your grades/DAT were too high, then I definitely don't stand a chance either. My oGPA is a 3.42 and my sGPA is somewhere between 3.2-3.3; I haven't taken the DAT yet. How low does someone's GPA need to be to get an interview invitation from LECOM? Don't most applicants usually ask the opposite question? LOL

BTW, besides LECOM and Your, are there any other lower-tiered schools that are easier to get into?

the fact that some schools do not extend offers to over-qualified candidates has some truth to it, but you can't really say "how low do you have to be to get an interview" that's stretchering it too far. You will get an interview even if you are a top student as long as they can see you fit into the program's intent and philosophy. If you are a 3.9 student with 24 DAT, lecom might wonder if you really have intention of attending, unless you categorically express your interest in lecom over other schools. If you are just average joe like 3.5 and 20 DAT, you will get invites. Also, if you are below average, you will also ge tinvites.

Anybody else have an issue with LECOM showing up on their school decisions list? On my aadsas application it says my app was mailed on 7/15, but LECOM doesn't have a section on the school decisions list while the other 12 schools I applied to do. It says that LECOM has received my supplemental materials on their portal, so I'm wondering what the disconnect is here?

Anybody else have an issue with LECOM showing up on their school decisions list? On my aadsas application it says my app was mailed on 7/15, but LECOM doesn't have a section on the school decisions list while the other 12 schools I applied to do. It says that LECOM has received my supplemental materials on their portal, so I'm wondering what the disconnect is here?

That's weird. I got an email from them yesterday saying that they processed my supplemental and to check my "required letters and credits". They appeared today on my AADSAS, so I'm not sure why it isn't appearing for you.

For anyone who is currently a student at LECOM's dental school -- would you mind sharing your opinions on the PBL curriculum? Also, what is your day-to-day schedule like in terms of having to be on campus, studying routines, etc.?

Hey everyone!
I'm currently a D1, and to answer your question, I like PBL so far. It isn't my first time PBL and that might be why I'm not overwhelmed. It might be a little stressful in terms of not know how much should we cover. As you all know, the field of dentistry and medicine in general is not limited. LECOM has just changed their PBL director, to someone who is an expertise in PBL, much younger, and knows what he is doing. So don't let the PBL idea gets you, unless you think this is not something you can handle, just take it step by step. Each group is approximately 9 - 10 students with a facilitator (who is NOT a doctor), they way these groups are set up is based on so many criteria. They made sure that in each group there is someone who knows something the others don't. Someone who has a master in biology would definitely know much more basic science than someone who was engineering or even someone who has a BS in biology. Someone who used to work in dental offices has much more experience than someone who just shadowed a couple of dentists. There are assigned roles for each group, and they make sure everyone participates and is catching up. The cases were previously pure medicine, but this year they have incorporated dental information as well.

The good news is that LECOM is always willing to change whatever we think isn't good/realistic to upcoming students. So many changes took place this year to make studying challenging, yet enjoyable for out class.. So improvements is there, and thats what you should be looking for.. But again, take one step at a time..

Now focus on how you can make yourselves unique, and be able to get accepted. LECOM LOVES people with different nationalities and ethnicities, and like having different student with different cultural backgrounds. They also like volunteering, and giving something to the community.. So make sure you have that in your applications. If there is 1 thing I like the most about the school is the LACK OF COMPETITION. We are all 1 family, we help each other, and we'd like to see everyone successful.. That was the purpose of the pass/ fail idea..

Please let me know if anyone has any other questions,
Good luck to all of you!

That's weird. I got an email from them yesterday saying that they processed my supplemental and to check my "required letters and credits". They appeared today on my AADSAS, so I'm not sure why it isn't appearing for you.
when did you get the "Application Confirmation email"?

I received mine on August 5, but still have yet to receive an email regarding that they processed my supplemental app and to check my "required letters and credits"...Lecom is also not showing up on my aadsas portal yet either.

when did you get the "Application Confirmation email"?

I received mine on August 5, but still have yet to receive an email regarding that they processed my supplemental app and to check my "required letters and credits"...Lecom is also not showing up on my aadsas portal yet either.

same here. I submitted my sup early August but have yet to receive an email saying that my supplement is processed and it's also not showing up on my portal.

It doesn't on mine either but it didn't drop me from getting an interview.

Got an email saying a decision has not been made yet regarding an interview invite, and the committee will re-review my app in 90 days :(
Anyone else get that email?

Got an email saying a decision has not been made yet regarding an interview invite, and the committee will re-review my app in 90 days :(
May I ask when you applied and what your stats are like?

May I ask when you applied and what your stats are like?
I applied mid June, and my stats are 3.5 masters gpa, 3.0 undergrad/ 20AA + 20TS. I have another semester left of my masters so I'm not sure if that's why

I got the application complete email on 7/2 and they processed my application on 9/7.

I'm a reapplicant to LECOM. I've applied every cycle and I finally had an interview last cycle with them. The first two cycles I received that same email. The last cycle I did not, but it took 8 months for my application to go from "under review" to "congratulations!". I applied first batch this cycle and am still waiting to hear back from LECOM.

Edit: By the time I was interviewed, they said like 99 seats were filled. Nobody in my interview group got in.

I'm a reapplicant to LECOM. I've applied every cycle and I finally had an interview last cycle with them. The first two cycles I received that same email. The last cycle I did not, but it took 8 months for my application to go from "under review" to "congratulations!". I applied first batch this cycle and am still waiting to hear back from LECOM.

Edit: By the time I was interviewed, they said like 99 seats were filled. Nobody in my interview group got in.

I can't believe it has taken you several application attempts to make progress with getting accepted to LECOM, considering the fact that your stats are competitive. Do you think it's because of the whole yield protection thing? It seems like I'm asking everyone that who has competitive scores but hasn't gotten accepted, but I figure there's no way I can receive an interview invitation with my stats (3.42 cGPA, 3.2-3.3 sGPA), especially since I haven't even taken the DAT and applied yet.

i replied to this question via msg.

the fact that some schools do not extend offers to over-qualified candidates has some truth to it, but you can't really say "how low do you have to be to get an interview" that's stretchering it too far. You will get an interview even if you are a top student as long as they can see you fit into the program's intent and philosophy. If you are a 3.9 student with 24 DAT, lecom might wonder if you really have intention of attending, unless you categorically express your interest in lecom over other schools. If you are just average joe like 3.5 and 20 DAT, you will get invites. Also, if you are below average, you will also ge tinvites.

I agree. I understand where everyone is coming from, but I don't suspect they intentionally overlook "average" students. I consider my stats to hover around average (3.63 oGPA and 21 AA/ 18 PAT), and I interviewed on (what I was told by other interviewees) was their second interview day. I will say that my portal showed an error, so I emailed them to get it fixed and received an invite shortly after. So ensure that everything in the portal is accurate!

Also pro tip: LECOM is super community service focused, and less research focused. Their fourth year actually consists of working in an underserved clinic in DeFuniak or Erie, so I would bet that they look heavily at personal statement and experiences.

when you say you your application was processed. Is that the same email saying LECOM received your application?

when you say you your application was processed. Is that the same email saying LECOM received your application?

This is part of the email I got after submitting the supplemental application in early June:

We received your supplemental application for the Dental Medicine Program at the LECOM Bradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged.

This is the email that I got a couple days ago saying that they processed my supplemental:

The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal.

You can access the portal by going to LECOM Candidate Portal. Log in with the username shown below.

Username: ____________

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the portal for the following reasons:

1. Prerequisite course not taken.

2. Planned courses will be listed as deficiencies until we receive a transcript indicating that course grade.

3. Any prerequisite course or lab with a grade of C- will be listed as deficient and must be completed by the end of the spring semester.

4. Biology, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry must have a lab associated with the lecture course.

5. Offical DAT Score received through AADSAS.If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].

Thank you.
LECOM Bradenton Office of Admissions

I agree. I understand where everyone is coming from, but I don't suspect they intentionally overlook "average" students. I consider my stats to hover around average (3.63 oGPA and 21 AA/ 18 PAT), and I interviewed on (what I was told by other interviewees) was their second interview day. I will say that my portal showed an error, so I emailed them to get it fixed and received an invite shortly after. So ensure that everything in the portal is accurate!

Also pro tip: LECOM is super community service focused, and less research focused. Their fourth year actually consists of working in an underserved clinic in DeFuniak or Erie, so I would bet that they look heavily at personal statement and experiences.
Pretty sure both the GPA and DAT are higher than average.

Pretty sure both the GPA and DAT are higher than average.

Maybe slightly higher than the 3.5 GPA and 20 DAT, but I have an 18 PAT and 17 QR. Then again, I suppose a couple points can really change things in the admissions process.

They don't favor FL residency, do they? Tuition is the same but I have no stats on class profile for them.

anyone know how long it takes once your they receive your application to when you get a secondary? They received my application 8/22 but I still haven't received anything about a supplemental.

Mine looked like this. Then I sent in the supplement with the fee and they just sent me a receipt for the payment. this was Aug2

Dear

Thank you for applying to the LECOM Bradenton School of Dental Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AADSAS application. The next step in the application process is to submit an online LECOM Supplemental Application and the $50.00 non-refundable application fee. The Supplemental Application is very brief and will allow you to provide additional profile information. We encourage you to complete the LECOM Supplemental Application as soon as possible.

To access the online supplemental application, the following username and password has been assigned to give you access to the LECOM Candidate Portal. (If you are not following the link in this e-mail to the web portal, the address is: portal.lecom.edu)

Username:
Password: Please note, the password is case sensitive. You must use capital letters if any are shown.

After logging in, select the Admissions tab then select the blue "Applicant DMD - Bradenton" link on the left side of the page". Payment of the non-refundable $50.00 application fee is required at the time you submit your supplemental application. The deadline date for submission of the supplemental application is March 31, 2017.

You are required to submit letters of recommendation to AADSAS. You may request letters of recommendation from your pre-health professions advisor or pre-professional committee. If you are unable to obtain a pre-professional committee letter, you may submit two science letters of recommendation from undergraduate or graduate college/university science professors.

The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your file as soon as we receive your supplemental application. You will be able to monitor your application status through the LECOM Portal.

Please visit the LECOM website at http://lecom.edu/school-dental-medicine.php for more information regarding the Doctor of Dental Medicine program, We encourage you to also review the unique and innovative dental medicine curriculum and the admissions process.

The Office of Admissions is available to assist you throughout the admissions process. You may contact the Office of Admissions at (941) 756-0690 or [email protected] Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

This is part of the email I got after submitting the supplemental application in early June:

We received your supplemental application for the Dental Medicine Program at the LECOM Bradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged.

This is the email that I got a couple days ago saying that they processed my supplemental:

The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal.

You can access the portal by going to LECOM Candidate Portal. Log in with the username shown below.

Username: ____________

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the portal for the following reasons:

1. Prerequisite course not taken.

2. Planned courses will be listed as deficiencies until we receive a transcript indicating that course grade.

3. Any prerequisite course or lab with a grade of C- will be listed as deficient and must be completed by the end of the spring semester.

4. Biology, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry must have a lab associated with the lecture course.

5. Offical DAT Score received through AADSAS.If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].

Thank you.
LECOM Bradenton Office of Admissions

anyone knows how long after submitting my app , i should expect to receive the supp?

I got an email saying my supplement was processed etc. but for some reason the portal shows that my DAT scores haven't been received? AADSAS has had them since 2015 meh. Not sure if the portal is behind? :(

My status on their portal changed from "we will notify you when the decision has made" to " the Adcom has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." But my folder section is still empty. Does this mean I should wait for a rejection letter by mail? :(
DAT 20, TS 21, RC 17
BCP 3.89 oGPA 3.5

My status on their portal changed from "we will notify you when the decision has made" to " the Adcom has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." But my folder section is still empty. Does this mean I should wait for a rejection letter by mail? :(
DAT 20, TS 21, RC 17
BCP 3.89 oGPA 3.5

What tab is that under in the portal?

DAT 20, TS 21, RC 17
BCP 3.89 oGPA 3.5

I'm not sure if their practice has changed, but if you received that notice but no email, then you'll probably get a letter in the regular mail.

no :(
i emailed them and they said the committee hasn't reviewed my app yet

I submitted 6/24 as a reapplicant and they still haven't processed me for review yet so just keep being patient.