2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

lol 19AA who are you kidding? I got a 21AA. Not that it really matters.

If I got a 19AA with that kinda of GPA, I would have been too embarrassed to apply for dental school!

I had to re-read this a few times, but I still don't get it. Why would you be embarrassed?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean I have a 3.16 and I guess I'm pretty embarrassed half the time. I'm a non trad with a 20 AA, which isn't mind blowing. I'm lucky that adcoms have looked me as a whole .. no interview here, yet, but I'm being patient. A few interviews in other places gives me hope.

Reactions: 3 users
I mean I have a 3.16 and I guess I'm pretty embarrassed half the time. I'm a non trad with a 20 AA, which isn't mind blowing. I'm lucky that adcoms have looked me as a whole .. no interview here, yet, but I'm being patient. A few interviews in other places gives me hope.

A few is a nice number to have lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hear ya! I am in a similar position right now, but I am proud of my upwards trend and Masters GPA. After my masters, my calculated aadsas stats are still below average so like you I am very thankful most schools out there are looking at our apps holistically :)

Reactions: 1 users
lol 19AA who are you kidding? I got a 21AA. Not that it really matters.

If I got a 19AA with that kinda of GPA, I would have been too embarrassed to apply for dental school!
Dang man. If they actually look at your personality and not just your stats, you might be in a worse situation than someone with lower scores. I can't believe you just said that to someone. People have reasons for lower GPAs sometimes man. No empathy, but I guess as long as your dentist had a high undergrad gpa it's cool right?

Reactions: 7 users
Dang man. If they actually look at your personality and not just your stats, you might be in a worse situation than someone with lower scores. I can't believe you just said that to someone. People have reasons for lower GPAs sometimes man. No empathy, but I guess as long as your dentist had a high undergrad gpa it's cool right?
I believe redhotchiligochu is referring to himself. It was a confusing post to begin with haha. They meant no real harm.

hey guys, I just checked the lecom portal, and my status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days" Is that a "wait for rejection letter in the mail"??

Last edited:
hey guys, I just checked the lecom portal, and my status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days" Is that a "wait for rejection letter in the mail"??
when was your app complete?

When did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)

Unfortunately, it is. I've received that before so I know it sucks. When you get an interview, it will change to invite for interview with a selection for a date and time. You also receive an interview email. But take this as an opportunity to learn and grow, you can contact them to find out what hurt you and then you can work on it.

Unfortunately, it is. I've received that before so I know it sucks. When you get an interview, it will change to invite for interview with a selection for a date and time. You also receive an interview email. But take this as an opportunity to learn and grow, you can contact them to find out what hurt you and then you can work on it.

ohh well.. it is what it is, thank you, and good luck!

I got an interview invite today but I can't make the date. Does anyone know if they allow reschedules?

What is your stats if you dont mind I'm asking? I received the same thing on my portal like couple weeks ago and I thought the same thing. As of today, my status has changed from that to "your application has been processed and will be sent to Adcom. You will be notified as soon as a decision has made." Hope this will somehow ease your mind. I'll keep you updated once they make a decision on my file. Best luck;)

interview invite today. chose my date of oct 6. oos. app complete 8/12

It mailed out on June 21st but didn't have my committee letter until July 15th. I submitted my supplement on July 12th.

Oh. We have the same date then sort of--off by 2 days. Do you remember when your notification was done that it said your app was sent for review? Mine is still pending verification.

What is your stats if you dont mind I'm asking? I received the same thing on my portal like couple weeks ago and I thought the same thing. As of today, my status has changed from that to "your application has been processed and will be sent to Adcom. You will be notified as soon as a decision has made." Hope this will somehow ease your mind. I'll keep you updated once they make a decision on my file. Best luck;)

That doesn't sound right. How can they say they made a decision then go backwards and say your app is being sent for a decision?

interview invite today. chose my date of oct 6. oos. app complete 8/12
is the app complete email same as the email they send when they confirm they received the secondary application?

Oh. We have the same date then sort of--off by 2 days. Do you remember when your notification was done that it said your app was sent for review? Mine is still pending verification.

That doesn't sound right. How can they say they made a decision then go backwards and say your app is being sent for a decision?
I'm not sure how the system works but that what happened in my case

Has anyone's status been that their application is complete and that it will be sent to adcom for review this entire time? Mine has been like that since the beginning of August. I even emailed them and asked them if my application was complete or if I needed to do anything else. What they said was that my app was complete and was in line to be reviewed by the adcom....but i think people who submitted their app after me have already gotten interviews...

Has anyone's status been that their application is complete and that it will be sent to adcom for review this entire time? Mine has been like that since the beginning of August. I even emailed them and asked them if my application was complete or if I needed to do anything else. What they said was that my app was complete and was in line to be reviewed by the adcom....but i think people who submitted their app after me have already gotten interviews...
I sent mine beginning of August too, and I am in the exact same boat. I haven't seen anyone who turned their app in August with an interview though..I do think they are going in order.

Well I haven't gotten an app complete email but when I check on the portal it says "we received your supplemental application and the review file will begin on your file..."

Yeah. That's what I have. I've called and what it means is that you are pending. You have not been sent for review for the adcoms yet. You can call and confirm this.

Received an interview invite today, date set for oct 13. My AADSAS mailout was 9/2, definitely wasn't expecting an interview this soon, but extremely grateful

Received an interview invite today, date set for oct 13. My AADSAS mailout was 9/2, definitely wasn't expecting an interview this soon, but extremely grateful

Wow what a fast turnaround time. See, this proves they aren't going in order. What are your stats?

Congrats. What are your stats, and did you receive a complete app email?

Does it matter which date you pick? Is earlier better or all dates equal chance?

I received an application confirmation email on 9/6. My Dat was a 21AA 21TS, 3.53 ogpa 3.68 sgpa. Yeah I have no clue on the order these schools are reviewing, the only thing I can think of is that I'm a Florida resident.

I received an application confirmation email on 9/6. My Dat was a 21AA 21TS, 3.53 ogpa 3.68 sgpa. Yeah I have no clue on the order these schools are reviewing, the only thing I can think of is that I'm a Florida resident.

That is probably what it is :) congrats!! Yea I saw ppl who were hearing back within one week of submission from other schools like UDM, since they were Michigan residents so that makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody got rejected through the portal? "Application denied"

Aren't we supposed to receive some interview email confirmation from them 10 days prior to our scheduled interview date? I haven't received mine yet and was wondering if anyone else has??

Last edited:
Anybody got rejected through the portal? "Application denied"

Does that for sure mean rejection? What does your aadsas say? Have you called them?

My admissions status hasn't changed since I paid the fee on 9/1... "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." How long after you paid the fee did your status change?

Sent from my SM-N930P using SDN mobile

Idk. It just says application denied on aadsas lol

My LEC OM portal updated today to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

From what I read above that's a way of knowing you've been rejected?

OOS applicant 3.4 gpa, 21 AA,22 TS :(

I cancelled my interview yesterday just throwin that out there