2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

SOS!

how do i prepare for this group interview format?
were any questions recycled from previous years or remember the questions from their interview this cycle?
is anyone willing to share their interview experience there?

*currently panicking *

Members don't see this ad :)
SOS!

were any questions recycled from previous years or remember the questions from their interview this cycle?

*currently panicking *[/QUOTE/]

time to yolo it

Reactions: 1 user
SOS!

*currently panicking *

PM if you'd like anything specific from my experience. Long story short, be respectful of others, don't piggyback on other peoples' answers, and don't be nervous or fidgety. It is the largest group interview I have ever been invited to: 24 students in one day. Questions will consist of "Tell me about yourself.", "Why dentistry?", and many of the other common ones that you can google and practice off of. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone has already interviewed, when did you send your letter of intent? My interview was last Tuesday and they received it Friday afternoon. I'm wondering if that was too late?

Should I checking my status through the AADSAS portal or LECOMs? LECOM isn't mentioned on the AADSAS portal, even though I submitted the fee last week.

If anyone has already interviewed, when did you send your letter of intent? My interview was last Tuesday and they received it Friday afternoon. I'm wondering if that was too late?
They can't even tell you if you're accepted until Dec. 1st how would the same week be too late for a letter of intent? It shows that you thought about it and decided you wanted LECOM to be your #1. Now a thank you letter, that would be too late lol

They can't even tell you if you're accepted until Dec. 1st how would the same week be too late for a letter of intent? It shows that you thought about it and decided you wanted LECOM to be your #1. Now a thank you letter, that would be too late lol

Oh okay, thanks. In the past, I know of some students that sent the letter of intent after review of their application and they ended up on the waitlist. Didn't know if I was risking it by them happening to review it on Friday haha

Oh okay, thanks. In the past, I know of some students that sent the letter of intent after review of their application and they ended up on the waitlist. Didn't know if I was risking it by them happening to review it on Friday haha
So they review your app the same week and make their decision then? Never read/heard that before but I still think youre probably fine, good luck if LECOM really is your #1!

So they review your app the same week and make their decision then? Never read/heard that before but I still think youre probably fine, good luck if LECOM really is your #1!

Thank you! It is! Good luck to you as well :)

i didn't know we could write a letter of intent before interview. is that true just for lecom?

i didn't know we could write a letter of intent before interview. is that true just for lecom?
I sent mine in after my interview lol cause that is when I was informed about it. They tell you at the end of the day that if it is your #1 send it to blank email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent mine in after my interview lol cause that is when I was informed about it. They tell you at the end of the day that if it is your #1 send it to blank email.
If you send them a letter of intent, do you actually have to go here if they accept you?

If you send them a letter of intent, do you actually have to go here if they accept you?
I don't see how they could force you but you are kind of a dick if you choose another school after telling them they're your #1. I'm sure there are plenty of kids who do it though just to tip the scales in their favor so you wouldnt be alone

Interviewing this Thursday: do i need to bring any documents and such with me (resume, etc)? Also, can you give me more insight on the interview because this is my first group interview.

Interviewing this Thursday: do i need to bring any documents and such with me (resume, etc)? Also, can you give me more insight on the interview because this is my first group interview.

No documents needed and you sit at a table with 2 faculty members with 5 other interviewees. Faculty members will throw out some scenario questions and the group will mostly discuss among themselves.

I just checked my admission status and it is blank now :thinking: before it was showing I am being reviewed and will be notified... my interview was Sept 20th.

I just checked my admission status and it is blank now :thinking: before it was showing I am being reviewed and will be notified... my interview was Sept 20th.
Their portal is glitchy and unreliable. My interview got unscheduled randomly. Just call them to clear things up.

Their portal is glitchy and unreliable. My interview got unscheduled randomly. Just call them to clear things up.
I think I will wait a day then contact them. It might be in the process of updating lol I don't know. It would be awesome to see my status change to check back Dec 1st :xf:

I think I will wait a day then contact them. It might be in the process of updating lol I don't know. It would be awesome to see my status change to check back Dec 1st :xf:

My interview was also Sept 20th. Mine changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." I freaked out thinking that meant a rejection but when I called Shannon said that is not necessarily the case and a decision will still come Dec 1st.

Last edited:
my status is also blank, interviewed on sept 29

My LEC OM portal updated today to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

From what I read above that's a way of knowing you've been rejected?

OOS applicant 3.4 gpa, 21 AA,22 TS :(

Did you receive this message after the interview?

so how do we go about writing this letter of intent??

Write about why it is your #1 school. Add how it's program is a perfect fit for you. How the school will help you achieve your goal of becoming a Dentist and name some of your unique traits that will help you excel/ succeed in their program.

Make sure that you speak with your heart and make it personal. Not some generic copy/ paste letter. :)

finally!...nov 10..anyone else ?
where are you guys staying ...
Lecom area students- how is the traffic on 1-75 in the mornings around 7
I-75 was bad for me due to construction in Sarasota and an accident, I would leave early and give yourself plenty of time in case of the unexpected.

Does anyone else's LECOM portal (their website) show up as blank? I already interviewed and it did say being reviewed but not it is just blank. I emailed LECOM and they said I can check my status on the AADSAS portal but they don't even show up on it haha

Does anyone else's LECOM portal (their website) show up as blank? I already interviewed and it did say being reviewed but not it is just blank. I emailed LECOM and they said I can check my status on the AADSAS portal but they don't even show up on it haha

Mine's blank too. They're on my AADSAS portal though. I interviewed there a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

call them and ask...you have to contact them anyway to push it if you want to. I just recently got one and it is for Nov.
I've been getting the same "we will notify you within 30 days" message for a while now. Seems like it should be time. Would it hurt if i called them to ask?

I've been getting the same "we will notify you within 30 days" message for a while now. Seems like it should be time. Would it hurt if i called them to ask?

Does it say a decision has been made?

Do any of you know if after the interview they will still compare test scores and gpa? Or is the whole interview process and post interview closed file?

Do any of you know if after the interview they will still compare test scores and gpa? Or is the whole interview process and post interview closed file?
I would also love to know this.