*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Teeths

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's applying and who's excited??
I know I am! :p

Good luck everyone :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

This guy is! Application got mailed out today.

Count me in....! :) Have you guys received any notification from LECOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
no notificaion for me :( I guess I already got rejected~

lol!I knew I got rejected even before applying...:D...

how do you know I don't live in the states? I do know that they don't accept non-citizens but I am a US citizen residing outside the country ( and I never grew up in neither of them)...
But thanks for caring and letting me know :)
Best of luck

how do you know I don't live in the states? I do know that they don't accept non-citizens but I am a US citizen residing outside the country ( and I never grew up in neither of them)...
But thanks for caring and letting me know :)
Best of luck

under your name---it says toronto.

and no problem.

lol! such a stupid question I asked! I never noticed that! so embarrassed! :(

I havnt been notified by email either. Definitely waiting for something...

Does anyone have experience or knowledge outside of the websites description of the PBL pathway for Dent school ?

Me me! Lol! Here's the real question. Who is applying here as their ACTUAL top choice. It's my first pick and I see lots of folks on here call it their safe school. Last cycle they had 2800 applicants. 154 wait listed 100 accepted. So got my nerves crazy! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Me me! Lol! Here's the real question. Who is applying here as their ACTUAL top choice. It's my first pick and I see lots of folks on here call it their safe school. Last cycle they had 2800 applicants. 154 wait listed 100 accepted. So got my nerves crazy! Good luck to everyone!

It's actually my top choice. I was interviewed there and waitlisted not this past cycle but the one before that for their inaugural class. They seem to be putting an emphasis on the clinical aspect which is what I'm looking for most of all in any dental school. Although I haven't actually done PBL, I think once I start it I'll prefer it to traditional lecture-based learning. The area is really great and will have plenty of patients, their Medical school is doing great (so a dental school will likely follow suit), the only 'downside' that people could draw from is that it's a new school and many bugs will have to be worked through as with any new school. In my mind, that's not a big deal and I think with the right mind-set it can be exciting to be part of something that will shape how future classes are organized and carried. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's actually my top choice. I was interviewed there and waitlisted not this past cycle but the one before that for their inaugural class. They seem to be putting an emphasis on the clinical aspect which is what I'm looking for most of all in any dental school. Although I haven't actually done PBL, I think once I start it I'll prefer it to traditional lecture-based learning. The area is really great, their Medical school is doing great, the only 'downside' that people could draw from is that it's a new school and many bugs will have to be worked through as with any new school. In my mind, that's not a big deal and I think with the right mind-set it can be exciting to be part of something that will shape how future classes are organized and carried. :thumbup:

Agree! I was iffy about the pbl at first but I recently went to their open house and loved everything about it. The pbl based learning makes a lot of sense and the students I talked to really seemed to genuinely love every aspect of the school.

Does this school give out supplemental essays? or Is it just paying the secondary fees and your good to go? Thanks.

I met a DO med student at a florida hospital doing a rotation and she mentioned she enjoyed LECOM bradenton campus and program quite a bit. She also mentioned that all the med students have to bring all books to school every day and that it took a suitcase for most to do so, but that the dental students have everything on 1 Ipad. pretty cool...:D

I met a DO med student at a florida hospital doing a rotation and she mentioned she enjoyed LECOM bradenton campus and program quite a bit. She also mentioned that all the med students have to bring all books to school every day and that it took a suitcase for most to do so, but that the dental students have everything on 1 Ipad. pretty cool...:D

Yep that's true. It's all a virtual library. You pay X amount for books and it covers any updates etc... For the entire time you are there.

Anyone here attend the open house?

I didn't attend the open house but did visit and tour the DO school prior to the dental building being completed last year . security is tight , dress code is mandated. Everyone did look happy.

I think pbl with the right mindset can be better than the learning most of us are used to. In the real world people learn by themselves and in social environments. As a social person and a non tradtioanl applicant I think the notions of pbl fit me well. We will all know soon enough friends !!

I didn't attend the open house but did visit and tour the DO school prior to the dental building being completed last year . security is tight , dress code is mandated. Everyone did look happy.

I think pbl with the right mindset can be better than the learning most of us are used to. In the real world people learn by themselves and in social environments. As a social person and a non tradtioanl applicant I think the notions of pbl fit me well. We will all know soon enough friends !!

Pretty much the same as the open house. Very organized dress code was highly enforced but I liked that because it showed professionalism. Good luck to you! I look forward to meet you all hopefully in an interview setting :)

is this an accredited dental school?

is this an accredited dental school?

Yes they have initial accreditation. Since they still have the "new car smell" so to speak, I think it will be 2014 or 2015 before they gain the full accreditation.

I love this school. Everything looks so beautiful and the clinic is huge. Has anyone received any supplemental emails from them?

I'm still waiting, 7 out 10 schools had confirmed receiving my app. LECOM isn't one of them.

Just got an email from LECOM with link to sup app and $50 fee

Anybody know of an email address/contact info for LECOM that I could use in order to send in my unofficial DAT scores? Can't find anything on there website .

Anybody know of an email address/contact info for LECOM that I could use in order to send in my unofficial DAT scores? Can't find anything on there website .

Took some searching but I found this:

LECOM School of Dental Medicine
Main Phone No. 941-405-1500

I also received an email from LECOM around 1:30 for the supplemental.

So i got the same email but I got it twice lol. one at 2:43 and one at 3:04. My AADSAS was complete with DAT and I just finished the supp and paid the 50.00..

Lets do this Bradentoners!!

:love:

Yes my application was completely finished

So i got the same email but I got it twice lol. one at 2:43 and one at 3:04. My AADSAS was complete with DAT and I just finished the supp and paid the 50.00..

Lets do this Bradentoners!!

:love:
Got the same two emails as well. I guess in the future we'll either get two acceptances or two rejections lol

Anyone else having trouble with their supplemental? I went to submit it and the webpage could no longer connect.

Anyone else having trouble with their supplemental? I went to submit it and the webpage could no longer connect.
Mine worked fine this morning. If you are having trouble, contact their office. They might send you a different link.

Well I tried to send my unofficial DAT scores to LECOM today, but the woman made it sound like they don't do this anymore. Anybody else have trbl sending unofficial scores to LECOm??

Well I tried to send my unofficial DAT scores to LECOM today, but the woman made it sound like they don't do this anymore. Anybody else have trbl sending unofficial scores to LECOm??

Yikes that sucks. I was planning on doing the same thing.

Does anyone know if LECOM sends supplemental apps to all applicants? What is the criteria to receive a supplemental from them?

Does anyone know if LECOM sends supplemental apps to all applicants? What is the criteria to receive a supplemental from them?
I think they do send it to everyone. When did you submit your primary application? Maybe they send it out in the order your application was received.

Has anyone actually been inside this new school?

I visited the DO bldg last year and attempted an uninvited visit to the DMD program but was greeted by a security guard in the parking lot. no joke 70 + cameras. i couldnt even enter the building without having a previous invite.

Super curious as to what the new sim lab/etc looks like. I would imagine based on the DO building it is pretty sweet tho.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to share there experiences .:thumbup:

I interviewed there in August last year.

The building was unfinished... But the part that was finished looked awesome. They walked us through the construction to see the clinic. It really looked like it was going to be an amazing place once it was finished.

In my opinion... It looks too bland?

The building really just does not have a personality. There was nothing really "LECOM"about it... Unless LECOM is going for the metal...sterile... office building with a bunch of kids wearing business attire.

the library had NO books (yet)... just a metal room with metal chairs and metal light fixtures.

I just like a dental school to look like it has history. I guess that it why I leaned towards the schools that were tied to a university. The fact that LECOM was in the middle of nowhere (and the fact that I would have to tell people I went to "LAKE ERIE college of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE for DENTAL school in FLORIDA) really turned me off to the school...

I'm sure it is night and day from last summer though.

Thanks for description JAWSSS. I also like the idea of a school having some more character but perhaps where that is lacking they make up for it elsewhere.

If its my destiny ill happily take a tour with an open mind though. Hope to get a interview. One thing i do think is cool is that since they are not at capacity yet (since they dont have any seniors graduating yet or even on campus) every years interview tour should be that much busier with more people running about and more opinions to listen too.

The surrounding town is definitely a start up but I could see myself keeping a good focus in a city like that and it is only 30 minutes to some really cool parts of the state. Especially since pbl gives you a lo of unstructured free time, it could be cool. Lots of golf courses also :)