*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

gotcha. it seems like there's going to be lots of movement soon. So for those of you on the waitlist. Don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Gave up a spot today and I hope it goes to someone deserving. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted off the waitlist last year April 23rd, don't give up yet because there will be movement, but have a back up plan ready just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up guys. Only hope can get us through. I'm going to start applying next cycle. Im looking at air conditioning repair man classes in Arizona or heater repair schooll in alaska. I can't afford to keep retaking classes and my mom says I need to move out.

Hey guys, so if you were planning on applying for the next cycle, what would you all try and add in your new application? I never really considered on retaking the DAT and my gpa cant change cause I had already graduated last semester. Volunteering non dental seems to not be useful at all and finding some kind of dental related job or volunteering experience seems to be hard unless you got specific schooling for that. Any tips, advice, or recommendations? Maybe shadow a lot more? I'm also considering in doing a masters program to kill myself for another year but again not final yet. What are your thoughts!

-

Last edited:
Hey guys, so if you were planning on applying for the next cycle, what would you all try and add in your new application? I never really considered on retaking the DAT and my gpa cant change cause I had already graduated last semester. Volunteering non dental seems to not be useful at all and finding some kind of dental related job or volunteering experience seems to be hard unless you got specific schooling for that. Any tips, advice, or recommendations? Maybe shadow a lot more? I'm also considering in doing a masters program to kill myself for another year but again not final yet. What are your thoughts!
I can answer your question.

I applied 3x. My first time I applied was after I graduated from undergrad and was basically denied to all schools I applied to. So I decided to work to save money to start a Master's program. I took my DAT again. The 2nd time I applied, I only got an interview from LECOM. Result was a wait list. My third time (this time) that I applied again, my master's was pretty much complete and my GPA in my master's is 3.8. I also took the DAT a 3rd time and did very minimal volunteering so that I could show my commitment to serving my community but also keeping my grades high. This cycle I got multiple interviews as well as acceptances. My only wait list is LECOM. LECOM is a choice for me because I love their clinics. But I honestly think they're playing games with students. They interview a ton and wait list many and reject very few.

Also when you reapply, buy the new ADEA book to look at the statistics. Some schools interview many and will wait list many. The ones I know that do this are Roseman, LECOM and NYU. Your chance of acceptance after interviews at these schools are less than 50% chance.

If you're going to reapply, I would suggest post-bacc to demonstrate that you're committed to school and possibly retake the DAT depending on what your scores are. Bare in mind that nothing should be below a 16 (QR may be 15 for some schools but that will be the cut off point). Matriculated students tend to range from scores of 19 and up in Reading Comprehension, PAT, Total Science and Academic Average.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your reply and I'll start a new forum next time I ask something like this! Sorry! In the meantime, anyone get any emails from the school?

Thank you for your reply and I'll start a new forum next time I ask something like this! Sorry! In the meantime, anyone get any emails from the school?
You're quite welcome!

I did receive an e-mail from the school today stating that if you no longer wish to be considered to please respond to the e-mail. I got the same e-mail that was sent out earlier this week.

Ha! Me too! I am just not responding to that so hopefully that helps.

If you are waitlisted try sending a Letter of Intent, tell them what you've been up to since your interview and why the school would be a good fit.
It might help get your name out there and show them you really want to go there. At this point, think about what is going to make your application stand out from the others who are also waitlisted. Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if they've sent out more acceptances now that they've sent this waitlist update e-mail out?

Who can call and ask how many spots are open? And when was the last time they sent acceptances? And how many ppl are on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who can call and ask how many spots are open? And when was the last time they sent acceptances? And how many ppl are on the waitlist?
Thanks for volunteering yourself. Let us know what they say ;)

10 spots were open but still waiting for for ppl to pay

April 1st is the deadline for all dental schools correct? Anyone that knows?

No deadlines, the school can accept all the way up till July. They actually accepted someone on the first day of school last year.

The deadlines for deposits are March 31st so there should be lots of movement after that. Plus others are still waiting on state schools to accept them so they can bail at anytime, even after sending in $2,000.00. some one told me that as much as 10-15 got accepted April-May off the waitlist in their class.

No deadlines, the school can accept all the way up till July. They actually accepted someone on the first day of school last year.

The deadlines for deposits are March 31st so there should be lots of movement after that. Plus others are still waiting on state schools to accept them so they can bail at anytime, even after sending in $2,000.00. some one told me that as much as 10-15 got accepted April-May off the waitlist in their class.
No offense, but to accept someone the first day of school is frustrating if you don't live in Florida. I mean yeah, you finally got in but now have to fly down, start school unexpectingly, and find a place to live in a short notice. They should organize their methods of admissions better so people who really do want to go there actually go there.

And also, the 10 seats thing has been like that for 2 months now. They could fill it up but they're just interviewing everybody and wait listing the majority of the people. How do I know this? In 2 months they interviewed a large amount of candidates for the same amount of available seats. And yet they're still interviewing! They're probably going to wait list everybody and then rank how all the interviewers did on the remaining interviews. That's my hunch. As bold as that statement may be, think about it. They ask you to email them if you're not interested. Whereas most schools do the opposite; they ask you if you're still interested and to reply back to them. The reason why LECOM asks people who aren't interested to reply is because if the wait listers they have all reply back that they're interested, they'll easily have hundreds of emails. I think it's not fair to many students that they interview so many to wait list many. People spend nearly half a thousand easily in travel arrangements just to interview for a chance of what I feel is less than 50% for acceptance.

I've called once every month and they always have 10 seats left. It's getting frustrating how their admissions handles the selection processes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No offense, but to accept someone the first day of school is frustrating if you don't live in Florida. I mean yeah, you finally got in but now have to fly down, start school unexpectingly, and find a place to live in a short notice. They should organize their methods of admissions better so people who really do want to go there actually go there.

And also, the 10 seats thing has been like that for 2 months now. They could fill it up but they're just interviewing everybody and wait listing the majority of the people. How do I know this? In 2 months they interviewed a large amount of candidates for the same amount of available seats. And yet they're still interviewing! They're probably going to wait list everybody and then rank how all the interviewers did on the remaining interviews. That's my hunch. As bold as that statement may be, think about it. They ask you to email them if you're not interested. Whereas most schools do the opposite; they ask you if you're still interested and to reply back to them. The reason why LECOM asks people who aren't interested to reply is because if the wait listers they have all reply back that they're interested, they'll easily have hundreds of emails. I think it's not fair to many students that they interview so many to wait list many. People spend nearly half a thousand easily in travel arrangements just to interview for a chance of what I feel is less than 50% for acceptance.

I've called once every month and they always have 10 seats left. It's getting frustrating how their admissions handles the selection processes.

but plenty of schools have accepted up until the first day...i met a kid at nova who told me the same thing. and theres plenty of people from other schools too.

I think it's better to get accepted first day of school, then to wait another cycle lol

I bet ur opinions about lecom would be a lot different if they'd accepted u. Ur complaints are silly.

The reason that a student was accepted on the first day of school is bc another student bailed for whatever reason. So as a school you need to fill that seat.

I didn't say there were 10 seats left. I said as many as 10-15 people come off the waitlist bc others who put down a deposit still decide to go somewhere else.

The application cycle is stressful don't let it get to you.

In my opinion, if an applicant doesn't want to get on the waitlist or denied, come in with a high GPA, high DAT score, great application, rock the interview and schools will have no other choice but to accept them.

My friend did that and got accepted to every school he applied to, a total of 5 schools.

Before I got taken off the waitlist, I was frustrated but I had an average DAT score of 19 even though my GPA was 3.8 and I know I did OK on the interview but not great ( I had the flu on the interview day but still showed up). So I was studying my behind off for the next cycle trying to get at least a 22 AA on the DAT and practiced interview techniques for the next shot so schools would be impressed and accept me.

Granted stuff happens, but applicants must put themselves in the best position possible. They may not get into the top school of choice but I've never asked my dentist where they went to school. Just please don't mess up my grill.

Maybe LECOM should up the minimum requirements at least. Just my opinion.

I bet ur opinions about lecom would be a lot different if they'd accepted u. Ur complaints are silly.
My opinions would remain the same. It is what it is. And if they took me off the wait list, I'll still keep my opinions. I got accepted to multiple schools but want to attend here for many reasons.

It's a great school. Just the admissions folks make the process frustrating. And what complaints are silly? I did say yes, at least you got in dental school if they accepted you the first day. But they should have a better process at selecting applicants that truly want to go there.

The reason that a student was accepted on the first day of school is bc another student bailed for whatever reason. So as a school you need to fill that seat.

I didn't say there were 10 seats left. I said as many as 10-15 people come off the waitlist bc others who put down a deposit still decide to go somewhere else.

The application cycle is stressful don't let it get to you.

In my opinion, if an applicant doesn't want to get on the waitlist or denied, come in with a high GPA, high DAT score, great application, rock the interview and schools will have no other choice but to accept them.

My friend did that and got accepted to every school he applied to, a total of 5 schools.

Before I got taken off the waitlist, I was frustrated but I had an average DAT score of 19 even though my GPA was 3.8 and I know I did OK on the interview but not great ( I had the flu on the interview day but still showed up). So I was studying my behind off for the next cycle trying to get at least a 22 AA on the DAT and practiced interview techniques for the next shot so schools would be impressed and accept me.

Granted stuff happens, but applicants must put themselves in the best position possible. They may not get into the top school of choice but I've never asked my dentist where they went to school. Just please don't mess up my grill.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply you said there were 10 seats left. Other posters above you said there were 10. And the truth is, there are 10. I called and asked earlier this week. And I'll agree with you that it makes it hard to wait list someone with high GPAs, DAT and a solid interview. Because those are the exact reasons why I got into multiple schools. I have a 3.8 GPA and 20 DAT. My interview was pretty solid as well, otherwise I would've been rejected. I gave really strong reasons why LECOM that stood out. Reasons like PBL allowing future dentists to learn how to work as a cohesive team in the communities that they lead. Especially the underserved communities. And also because dentistry is a collaborative field and that LECOM unique in that regard.

I honestly don't know what they look for but thank you for your advice.

I just withdrew my seat. Good luck everyone! I'm sure there will be plenty of movement in April.

Lecom is going through some leadership changes. The interim dean is the acting dean and the baton has not been passed to him as a permanent position. It's a great facility with some alternative learning of gross anatomy (some digital cds....) . Guessing and estimating their next move may be a waste of time. good luck to all...I'm going to drive 18 wheelers. Honkkk ! Honlkk!TOOT TOOT!

Accepted via e-mail today! I interviewed on March 26th!!:clap::clap:

Congrats! Just out of curiosity what were your stats/ECs like?

I'm just confused though because when I talked to Lisa 3 weeks ago on the phone she said the last of the interviews were already done. I think I'll call her today or tomorrow for updates.

Last edited:
Congrats!

I'm just confused though because when I talked to Lisa 3 weeks ago on the phone she said the last of the interviews were already done. I think I'll call her today or tomorrow for updates.
Call todayy for updates! And I'll call tomorrow

Call todayy for updates! And I'll call tomorrow

I called and Lisa said there are 5 spots left. According to her there will be a lot of movement this month but she was also saying ADEA isn't sending out the list of double deposited students until early May. Doesn't make sense cause it says on the ADEA website it's been sent out early April since like 2010. Either way I don't have much hope anymore.

Seems like during the first week of every month we are told we'll be getting new information the month after lol! Putting together my second round of application info. Good luck everyone.

Congrats! Just out of curiosity what were your stats/ECs like?

They probably mean interview invites being done and all has been sent out.

I'll be more than happy to share my stats with you. My sGPA is 3.83 and oGPA is 3.91. As for my DAT, I have a 24 TS, 23 AA with no sections below a 20.

My ECs are working with underserved populations around the nation. I also did many mission trips in South America, Asia and parts of Africa. I'm also a member of the pre-dental club at my school. I have very strong shadowing hours (about 250 hours shadowing) at a general dentist's office with other hours allocated in endodontics, periodontics and orthodontics, each about 40 hours. I also tutored at my undergrad institution as well.

They probably mean interview invites being done and all has been sent out.

I'll be more than happy to share my stats with you. My sGPA is 3.83 and oGPA is 3.91. As for my DAT, I have a 24 TS, 23 AA with no sections below a 20.

My ECs are working with underserved populations around the nation. I also did many mission trips in South America, Asia and parts of Africa. I'm also a member of the pre-dental club at my school. I have very strong shadowing hours (about 250 hours shadowing) at a general dentist's office with other hours allocated in endodontics, periodontics and orthodontics, each about 40 hours. I also tutored at my undergrad institution as well.

What did Harvard say when you applied? I'm sure you can go to many places besides LECOM with those amazing stats.

What did Harvard say when you applied? I'm sure you can go to many places besides LECOM with those amazing stats.
Just because I have my credentials the way it is doesnt mean I shouldnt want to go to LECOM. Your response is uneducated and uninformed. Harvard is known for its production of researching dentists, not practicing dentists in the underserved communities. everyone has their own personalities when applying to certain schools.

congrats for insulting not only me, but for all others who are attending or applied to LECOM.

Reactions: 3 users
LOL. Obviously the high stats don't do much for your ability to deal with adversity

Just because I have my credentials the way it is doesnt mean I shouldnt want to go to LECOM. Your response is uneducated and uninformed. Harvard is known for its production of researching dentists, not practicing dentists in the underserved communities. everyone has their own personalities when applying to certain schools.

congrats for insulting not only me, but for all others who are attending or applied to LECOM.

Lol I actually meant to compliment you and take it however you want to. People with high stats have many choices usually. As I said take it however you want to.

RELAX. That was definitely a compliment. Sheesh.

On another note, I was accepted to LECOM. I interviewed back in early March and was on the waitlist. If you'd like to know my stats, please message me lol.

On another note, I was accepted to LECOM. I interviewed back in early March and was on the waitlist. If you'd like to know my stats, please message me lol.

When did you find out you were accepted?

What is a double deposit? I made my deposit of $2,000, does that mean they are going to ask for more?

What is a double deposit? I made my deposit of $2,000, does that mean they are going to ask for more?
No, double deposit refers to people who have been accepted to multiple schools and paid the deposit to hold a spot at two or more schools.

Have interview next week.
Will i be automatically waitlisted orndo they have some spots left?

Just curious. I just want to know what to expect as it is prettt late in the cycle.

Have interview next week.
Will i be automatically waitlisted orndo they have some spots left?

Just curious. I just want to know what to expect as it is prettt late in the cycle.
Apparently there are 5 spots left. Good luck!

Yes, there are 5 more seats left but was told that plenty of more should be expected to open since individuals will continue to withdraw after they have deposited. My guess is 10-15 seats shall be moving around till July. Good luck to everyone!