*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Have interview next week.
Will i be automatically waitlisted orndo they have some spots left?

Just curious. I just want to know what to expect as it is prettt late in the cycle.

My personal opinion from what I have seen on this thread is that you have a higher chance of getting the seat compared to people who are on the waitlist. But again this is just my personal opinion so i could be wrong. Either way, wish you luck in your interview next week :)

Members don't see this ad.

My personal opinion from what I have seen on this thread is that you have a higher chance of getting the seat compared to people who are on the waitlist. But again this is just my personal opinion so i could be wrong. Either way, wish you luck in your interview next week :)

sounds like the seats are already filled? Just interviewing more people just to fill in seats for students who withdraw?
oh well..

sounds like the seats are already filled? Just interviewing more people just to fill in seats for students who withdraw?
oh well..

I agree with lateeth123, I think you have a better chance than us waitlisters at this point. But, make sure you tell them what they want to hear as long as your application also reflects it in some way: That you're an applicant dedicated to the betterment of peoples' lives who are less fortunate and/or you came from humble beginnings and struggled to get to where you are today. Reading these forums and meeting with other interviewees who ended up getting accepted, these are literally the only people it seems getting accepted to LECOM. Sorry if this seems overly blunt but it is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance today.

Best of luck!!

Hey all, just got the acceptance email today!!!!! Is there a facebook group for the class yet?

Hi

Last edited:
Anyone taking biochem in the summer and has gotten accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mandatory orientation on July 10, classes start on the 13th I believe. We also have to come in the week before for a visit.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the alternate list yesterday morning! Don't give up hope! Interviewed 1/8, waitlisted 2/4, and accepted 4/13.

I was accepted last week off the alternate list! Don't give up folks! I started getting my things together to reapply and possibly retake my DAT for the next application cycle the day before I was accepted. I even applied for jobs! I wish you all the best of luck.

To those accepted within the last 2 weeks, have you received your matriculation packet in the mail yet?

I was accepted last week off the alternate list! Don't give up folks! I started getting my things together to reapply and possibly retake my DAT for the next application cycle the day before I was accepted. I even applied for jobs! I wish you all the best of luck.

To those accepted within the last 2 weeks, have you received your matriculation packet in the mail yet?

I have not received it yet

You get the matriculation packet via email after they receive your deposit.

did anyone have super aggressive person in their interview group?
I had my interview last week, and two people in my group were over-zealous and they popped up out of nowhere just to be saying something and keep their tongues rolling.
They just never stopped talking even when their time was over. Thought it was horrible, and i felt as though if I were the interviewer, those two guys would have made it to my "don't pick" list.

but who know, they might see them as potential leaders who will contribute a lot to the PBL sessions.
HATE U LECOM!!

I had my interview last week, and two people in my group were over-zealous and they popped up out of nowhere just to be saying something and keep their tongues rolling.
They just never stopped talking even when their time was over. Thought it was horrible, and i felt as though if I were the interviewer, those two guys would have made it to my "don't pick" list.

but who know, they might see them as potential leaders who will contribute a lot to the PBL sessions.
HATE U LECOM!!

Don't get discouraged. Out of the 6 interviews I had, I thought LECOM was by far and away the worst that I had. I felt like I didn't measure up to everyone else in the room and my answers weren't as well thought out. I was initially placed on the waitlist Dec 1, but was accepted Jan 1, so you never know how the interviewers feel about you. ( I turned down the acceptance btw. I realized that PBL is not for me)

Don't get discouraged. Out of the 6 interviews I had, I thought LECOM was by far and away the worst that I had. I felt like I didn't measure up to everyone else in the room and my answers weren't as well thought out. I was initially placed on the waitlist Dec 1, but was accepted Jan 1, so you never know how the interviewers feel about you. ( I turned down the acceptance btw. I realized that PBL is not for me)

that's reassuring, but like you said, I don't think anyone is sure about the PBL crap, unless you were exposed to fair amount of it while doing undergrad.
I think it can potentially work, but not sure if LECOM has it implemented it well enough for it to work for most people. Waiting game continues for me.

HATE U LECOM!!

i doubt it, they probably thought they were too cut throat and annoying too lol

HATE U LECOM!!
YES. I had the exact same thing happen at my interview. 2 different people talked non-stop. One person even started out an answer with "ok hold on this might take a while." Each person was only able to answer a total of 3 questions and none of them even applied to why lecom, why pbl, etc. which were questions all the other groups had to answer. Anyways, our group interview went 20 minutes over the interview time and our interviewers told us that was the longest interview they had done.. Worst part was that I had like 5 minutes to eat lunch and all the food was gone haha. Waitlisted Dec. 1. I still wonder what happened to those 2 who didn't know how to stop talking.

I had the same problem in my interview group. I was prepared, went for a mock interview at school, wrote down what I wanted to say and practiced in front of a mirror...so plenty prepared. There was a guy in my group, he has a whole line of dentists in his family, took no joke 5-10 mins to answer questions. I think he was making up answers aswell. Everyone else in my group was annoyed as well an we all kept staring at each other like "is this guy for real?" This being said, we had only 4 questions, and I felt like I did horribly and didn't get a chance to say the main points I wanted them to know about me. I made sure to make up for it in my Letter of intent, which I sent via email and mail to my interviewers the day after I interviewed. Luckily I got accepted but from what I can see from the class list so far, that guy did not get accepted and neither did anyone else in my group. So don't get discouraged, you may have done better than you think. :)

HATE U LECOM!!

I had the same problem in my interview group. I was prepared, went for a mock interview at school, wrote down what I wanted to say and practiced in front of a mirror...so plenty prepared. There was a guy in my group, he has a whole line of dentists in his family, took no joke 5-10 mins to answer questions. I think he was making up answers aswell. Everyone else in my group was annoyed as well an we all kept staring at each other like "is this guy for real?" This being said, we had only 4 questions, and I felt like I did horribly and didn't get a chance to say the main points I wanted them to know about me. I made sure to make up for it in my Letter of intent, which I sent via email and mail to my interviewers the day after I interviewed. Luckily I got accepted but from what I can see from the class list so far, that guy did not get accepted and neither did anyone else in my group. So don't get discouraged, you may have done better than you think. :)

haha, that's what he gets for trying too hard.
Anyways, I am not really holding my breath for LECOM too much, partly because I am not too sure about the PBL.
Even the dean wasn't convinced that their program works really well, then why should we be convinced.

Anyways, I am not really holding my breath for LECOM too much, partly because I am not too sure about the PBL.
Even the dean wasn't convinced that their program works really well, then why should we be convinced.
They have a 97% passing rate for the dental boards part 1. I'm sure that accounts for something.

Reactions: 2 users

What date did you attend I feel like you were in my group! I had a very similar guy!

Just like with any school, its up to the students to work hard on studying for boards independently. If you look at all the other schools, even the "great" schools have one or two students who don't pass the boards on the first try.
But 97% is still a great.

Withdrew today, good luck to all

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who's accepted and looking for a place to stay for the year shoot me a message! Looking for one more in a 3/2 br house, I can give you more information.

So last time I called they told me there were 3 seats left and that was a week ago. That is all the info I know. Anyone else got anything new?? I am trying to relieve some stress for all of us

Hello everyone, has anyone heard anything from the school that us wait listed people might wanna know about?

I'm assuming that the class is basically complete by now and all the rest of the waitlisted individuals have a very low chance of getting accepted this late. :(

Hey guys. Just wanted some advice about the interview times. I got an interview and I was hoping to fly out the night of the interview. How late should I be booking the flight if I am leaving from Tampa. The email I got said it ends at 3 but idk about that. Any help? thanks

Hey guys. Just wanted some advice about the interview times. I got an interview and I was hoping to fly out the night of the interview. How late should I be booking the flight if I am leaving from Tampa. The email I got said it ends at 3 but idk about that. Any help? thanks
3 is correct. They are pretty good on keeping up with time. 330 latest you'll probably be in there.

I'd say book a flight after 6 to be safe with traffic and checkin.

3 is correct. They are pretty good on keeping up with time. 330 latest you'll probably be in there.

I'd say book a flight after 6 to be safe with traffic and checkin.
I agree. Last year, I was out by 2:30ish and already on the road at 3. It was a pretty quick day; shortest interview day I had!

Thanks guys. What was your experience interviewing? What style was it and what did you like and dislike about your experience that day?

It was ..... interesting lol. We started around 9 with a bunch of lectures on the PBL curriculum and about their accreditation (they talked a lottttt about their accreditation). I'm pretty sure next we had our interviews which were different. We were split into groups of about 6-7 with two faculty members and had a group interview. One of the faculty would ask a question then each of us would take a turn to answer. I had a really good group because no one tried to talk over the other and we went in a circle each time. After that we had lunch with a few of the students which was fun and the food was tasty: wraps and chips. When lunch was over the students split us up into groups and took us on a tour of the school. This part was odd to me because the SIM lab had only like 10 people in it and the entire time we were at the school that day I hardly saw any students or instructors and it was so quiet. They wrapped up with a few closing remarks and dismissed us.

Personally, I felt the day was off. I think they spent too much effort on convincing us they were a legit school and that their curriculum worked. I didn't like the group interview because we didn't have a chance to shine or really share ourselves. Plus, the instructor that sat next to me truly started falling asleep and I caught him staring out the window often. And at one point, which was really creepy, when they were talking the camera on top of the white board turned around and all of a sudden we were all on the big screen. She kept talking and maybe 15 minutes later it turned back around and shut off. I have no idea what that was about but it was strange! Please know that at this school they are pass/fail, so you will likely have no chance to specialize. As soon as they stated this at the interview a lot of people started playing on their phones and immediately lost interest. However, they have a nice big cafeteria and an absolutely beautiful school. The area is wonderful and very close to the beach. This made it a really tough call for me, but I couldn't get over the pass/fail, the PBL curriculum, and the constant emphasis on their accreditation.

I hope your interview goes very well; the absolute best of luck to you during this cycle!

It was ..... interesting lol. We started around 9 with a bunch of lectures on the PBL curriculum and about their accreditation (they talked a lottttt about their accreditation). I'm pretty sure next we had our interviews which were different. We were split into groups of about 6-7 with two faculty members and had a group interview. One of the faculty would ask a question then each of us would take a turn to answer. I had a really good group because no one tried to talk over the other and we went in a circle each time. After that we had lunch with a few of the students which was fun and the food was tasty: wraps and chips. When lunch was over the students split us up into groups and took us on a tour of the school. This part was odd to me because the SIM lab had only like 10 people in it and the entire time we were at the school that day I hardly saw any students or instructors and it was so quiet. They wrapped up with a few closing remarks and dismissed us.

Personally, I felt the day was off. I think they spent too much effort on convincing us they were a legit school and that their curriculum worked. I didn't like the group interview because we didn't have a chance to shine or really share ourselves. Plus, the instructor that sat next to me truly started falling asleep and I caught him staring out the window often. And at one point, which was really creepy, when they were talking the camera on top of the white board turned around and all of a sudden we were all on the big screen. She kept talking and maybe 15 minutes later it turned back around and shut off. I have no idea what that was about but it was strange! Please know that at this school they are pass/fail, so you will likely have no chance to specialize. As soon as they stated this at the interview a lot of people started playing on their phones and immediately lost interest. However, they have a nice big cafeteria and an absolutely beautiful school. The area is wonderful and very close to the beach. This made it a really tough call for me, but I couldn't get over the pass/fail, the PBL curriculum, and the constant emphasis on their accreditation.

I hope your interview goes very well; the absolute best of luck to you during this cycle!
Playing on their phones? Wow brave souls lol.
I noticed the camera on top too. Maybe them watching us in the back and not falling asleep during the pbl lecture?

awesome comment. much appreciated! I didnt know that it was a pass/fail curriculum... hmm... I wonder how they judge you if you are just going around the circle and just answering the questions. That seems like it doesn't give the interviewee the time to show their personality..

They give everyone time at the end to fill out a survey. Be sure to put the necessary comments and feedbacks. It's anonymous so don't be scared.

Are there any students that got accepted off wait list that could answer a few questions?

Recieved a letter of rejection via mail today. 3 schools remaining :shrug:

this is last years class of 2019 thread... lol