*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

My interview email says 8am but the interview confirmation email says 9am so I think I'm going to be there at 8 just to be safe.
You got the interview confirmation email as well? I didn't get anything after Congrats email for being selected for an admissions interview haha.
I set up the interview date and everything, and the portal confirmed it. I guess there is no problem with it :)

Members don't see this ad.

You got the interview confirmation email as well? I didn't get anything after Congrats email for being selected for an admissions interview haha.
I set up the interview date and everything, and the portal confirmed it. I guess there is no problem with it :)

Yes, in the initial invitation email it says that they will send a confirmation email ~10 days prior to your scheduled date. You NEED to reply to this email to keep your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im interviewing the 11th! Just got the email invite. Does anyone know how their interview are? Im so nervous.

Congrats! When was your app mailed out? Also I'm curious, did you get the e-mail after normal business hours? I'm always checking my e-mail and just wondering what time I am most likely to get a response...

Just got an email update that the adcom has processed my supplemental. I got an email 3 weeks ago that they had received it. Does this mean I will be part of next group to be reviewed?

Just got an email update that the adcom has processed my supplemental. I got an email 3 weeks ago that they had received it. Does this mean I will be part of next group to be reviewed?

I got the exact same e-mail about 4:30. I also got an email that they reviewed supp about 3 weeks ago, so I hope we're the next group to be reviewed!

Interview invite via email this morning!!!

Texas resident

PAT:23/QR:15/RC:18/BIO:21/GC:20/OC:18/TS:20/AA:18

Non-science: 3.74
Science: 3.81
BCP GPA: 3.86

For those of you that have had your interviews already, how was it? I've read that it's really laid back and that everyone is very friendly. Mine is next Tuesday and I'm getting slightly nervous.

Interview on October 2nd. anyone want to share a room? etc etc. PM me

For those of you that have had your interviews already, how was it? I've read that it's really laid back and that everyone is very friendly. Mine is next Tuesday and I'm getting slightly nervous.
Very relaxed, and the faculty is friendly. Nothing to worry about at all. Just enjoy it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar situation with me, they're waiting for fall grades (I'm only taking a 3 credit course that is a pre-req for a another school). I havent had a chance to get in contact with them, but it seems like it's a way for them to re-recview the file after all apps are in.

I had a similar issue. They wanted fall transcripts but only because Biochemistry was not indicated as a planned course. I am currently enrolled in Biochem and sent them an e-mail regarding this matter and my status went back to "application is under further review" or something along those lines. They may want fall transcripts from you for a similar reason!

If anyone is interviewing on Tuesday 9/9 and does not have a place to stay yet, I have a room with an extra queen bed at the Holiday Inn Express (closest to LECOM). Please message me if you'd be interested in splitting the cost.

I got an interview last week. Mine is on Sep. 18th so let me know if yours is the same day

Mines on this coming Tuesday, congrats on the interview and good luck to you!

I received an email on 9/3 saying that my supplemental application has been processed. The portal still says that my file is under review. I hope that something happens soon. Last year they were a bit slow for every notification.

I got an interview invite 9/4 and when I looked on the interview portal the earliest date was November. I'm scheduled for Nov 6. This just seemed really far out compared to other date I've seen on here. Anyone else recently get and invite and see available date earlier than Nov?? I've seen dates in sept what happened to oct?? Only underlined blue dates are available dates right??

I got an interview invite 9/4 and when I looked on the interview portal the earliest date was November. I'm scheduled for Nov 6. This just seemed really far out compared to other date I've seen on here. Anyone else recently get and invite and see available date earlier than Nov?? I've seen dates in sept what happened to oct?? Only underlined blue dates are available dates right??

At least its a pre-december interview! Nova is booked until late January. Congrats on the interview!

Selected for interview!!! Scheduled for 11/13/14.

Woohoo!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email from LECOM saying that I am missing some requirements...... This is my second year applying (applied in OCT last year (WAY TOO LATE)) and I had all the required courses when my app was reviewed then, but somehow they are saying now that I don't..... Whats the deal??????

Also they want me to send a final transcript to the committee even though my final script was sent with my application..... Anyone ever had this happen? Do they take a while to respond by email? or does anyone have a phone number? Does anyone know of which address to send the transcript to? Thanks

Finally got this all squared away... thanks... But I believe this has now put me behind. I submitted AADSAS 6/27/14 and submitted the supplemental for LECOM 7/21/14...... and people who have submitted way later (august) for both have already heard back with similar GPA /DAT scores.....

Hopefully I hear soon

Those who did interviews here already, congratulations.
I heard that interview and other presentations usually end at around 3 PM.. what time did your interviews finish?
I am planning to fly back at around 5PM after the interview from Sarasota Airport and do you think that is enough time?

Last edited:
Finally here after a flight delay. Anyone looking for chinese check out Sunny Wok....holy crap!

Reactions: 1 user
I heard that interview and other presentations usually end at around 3 PM.. what time did your interviews finish?
I am planning to fly back at around 5PM after the interview from Sarasota Airport and do you think that is enough time?

Yes that is plenty of time as long as you can get to the airport after

Yes that is plenty of time as long as you can get to the airport after
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think its only about 25-30 mins of drive from the school to the airport. As long as everything is done by 4, I think I will be alright. or is it? lol

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think its only about 25-30 mins of drive from the school to the airport. As long as everything is done by 4, I think I will be alright. or is it? lol

Yepp thats perfect

Just finished interviewing here and the school is awesome. The clinic is in pristine condition and everyone was very nice. I had a great time.

Anyone interviewing tomorrow? I am and I'm crazy nervous. This is my first interview

Anyone interviewing tomorrow? I am and I'm crazy nervous. This is my first interview

You'll be fine, it's all very chill. The group interview is nice. All of the faculty are extremely nice and the D3 clinic is so nice.

You'll be fine, it's all very chill. The group interview is nice. All of the faculty are extremely nice and the D3 clinic is so nice.
I thought the D3's go to Defuniak Springs or Erie

We got out at 2:30, so you should have ample time to check in and find your gate.

what kind of questions do they ask in a group interview? my interview is this week XD

what kind of questions do they ask in a group interview? my interview is this week XD

Pretty much just the basics. There was one, however, that sort of threw off the whole group. I think they really just want to get to know you and see how you do in a group setting.

Hello Lecomers!

Does anyone have interview for November 16?

Also, for those who have gone to the interview already, did you take someone or did u go on your own?

:)

Hello Lecomers!

Does anyone have interview for November 16?

Also, for those who have gone to the interview already, did you take someone or did u go on your own?

:)
Go on your own...there're already 25 applicants in the room on interview day, and their security is pretty tight, lol.

Interview on 10/16! LECOM is the only dental school I've ever toured and I was able to talk to some dental students from there recently. The facilities are beautiful, minus the clowns lol, and everyone is so sweet! Really stoked for this interview :)

How do you guys prep for the interview? I'm a little nervous

I haven't read this thread lately so I don't know if what I'm going to write has been shared yet but I Interviewed today and wanted to share my experience and not read back any more than I already have on my phone haha.

It was a pretty awesome day and I may even have a new number one school. For those of you asking about the interview questions asked, just know that it is very laid back. General questions about things like hand skills and the big why dentistry question. It's an easy interview with a far more relaxed atmosphere than I was expecting. Oh and there were 2 interviewers and 6 interviewees.

I will say that I don't think the group interview is a great place to "shine" like you can with one to one interviews. That said, I also think it is hard place to screw it up. The best advice is to just answer honestly and try not to be too wordy. Also, interact with the other interviewers but don't interrupt the interviewees (yes, someone in my group was constantly doing this).

The day started at 8:45 and an email sent last week suggested to be there by 7:45. I think they wanted us to interact with one another before the day started and that really helped to calm my nerves. I arrived at about 755 and almost everyone was already there. I was told the first person got there around 740.

I think the entire day was very helpful and touring with the d1s and d2s was nice, definitely have some questions ready for them. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't read this thread lately so I don't know if what I'm going to write has been shared yet but I Interviewed today and wanted to share my experience and not read back any more than I already have on my phone haha.

It was a pretty awesome day and I may even have a new number one school. For those of you asking about the interview questions asked, just know that it is very laid back. General questions about things like hand skills and the big why dentistry question. It's an easy interview with a far more relaxed atmosphere than I was expecting. Oh and there were 2 interviewers and 6 interviewees.

I will say that I don't think the group interview is a great place to "shine" like you can with one to one interviews. That said, I also think it is hard place to screw it up. The best advice is to just answer honestly and try not to be too wordy. Also, interact with the other interviewers but don't interrupt the interviewees (yes, someone in my group was constantly doing this).

The day started at 8:45 and an email sent last week suggested to be there by 7:45. I think they wanted us to interact with one another before the day started and that really helped to calm my nerves. I arrived at about 755 and almost everyone was already there. I was told the first person got there around 740.

I think the entire day was very helpful and touring with the d1s and d2s was nice, definitely have some questions ready for them. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep hearing these wonderful stories about Lecom and am further confused by the negativity that many posters here have toward the school. My guess is that it's a new school and hasn't yet built a reputation.
Your experience makes me look forward to my interview here in November!