*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I keep hearing these wonderful stories about Lecom and am further confused by the negativity that many posters here have toward the school. My guess is that it's a new school and hasn't yet built a reputation.
Your experience makes me look forward to my interview here in November!

I read some of that stuff and have been confused as well. Be excited! It really was great, and the faculty give you a sense of accomplishment for getting to the interview. The attitude toward oos applicants is very positive as well, and there were only two in state applicants there out of the 24.

Also, at the end of the interview they tell everyone who has LECOM as their first choice to write a letter of intent to let the school know. They said they would much rather accept someone who want to be there. I'm now trying to figure out if that is my next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I read some of that stuff and have been confused as well. Be excited! It really was great, and the faculty give you a sense of accomplishment for getting to the interview. The attitude toward oos applicants is very positive as well, and there were only two in state applicants there out of the 24.

Also, at the end of the interview they tell everyone who has LECOM as their first choice to write a letter of intent to let the school know. They said they would much rather accept someone who want to be there. I'm now trying to figure out if that is my next step.

I loved it here too. Beautiful facilities...I think in the end you just need to evaluate if PBL is for you or not. As an FL resident, I was definitely surprised to see only about 5/24 FL residents there that day. Wish I had known about that letter of intent- that was never explicitly said in my interview. Already wrote my thank you letters! December is still so far away....

Reactions: 1 users
December needs to hurry up !!!!!!! I cant relax :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Letter of intent huh? They never said that at my interview. Maybe they're filling up their class and are being more choosy now? I'm not sure how much that would affect me now since my interview was 9/9. Also they said that after the interviewees leave that the committee makes their decisions that evening. I loved that school. Think it'd be good to still write one?

Letter of intent huh? They never said that at my interview. Maybe they're filling up their class and are being more choosy now? I'm not sure how much that would affect me now since my interview was 9/9. Also they said that after the interviewees leave that the committee makes their decisions that evening. I loved that school. Think it'd be good to still write one?

I think it would be, it definitely couldn't hurt

I think it would be, it definitely couldn't hurt

I think that it said to do that when you get a wait list notification.. From what I remember. But someone correct me if I am wrong :)

I think that it said to do that when you get a wait list notification.. From what I remember. But someone correct me if I am wrong :)

They said it specifically for if it is your number one school because they would rather accept someone who wants to be there rather than someone who is waiting to hear from a state school.

They said to withdraw your application if you get wait listed and don't want to go there. To get the list moving faster.

They said it specifically for if it is your number one school because they would rather accept someone who wants to be there rather than someone who is waiting to hear from a state school.

They said to withdraw your application if you get wait listed and don't want to go there. To get the list moving faster.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. So the OOS students that spend on average of $500 for the whole trip to get to the interview aren't serious about attending LECOM?

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. So the OOS students that spend on average of $500 for the whole trip to get to the interview aren't serious about attending LECOM?

Agreed

Hello for those of you who have interviewed… I was wondering what time does the interview end? I am trying to reserve my flight and I was wondering if I can reserve for the same day flight at 5 pm?

how did you guys feel about the group interview? also about how long does the actual interview last? and do you just basically go in order each answering the same question?

I have an 10/30 interview date. Anyone with a november date willing to swap? Please let me know. Thanks!

I got an interview at Lecom today, but only past January dates are available. Anybody with a post-dec interview able to change to a pre-dec one?

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was sent out 5th batch I believe, and my folder items have been complete since august, but I've got nothing. No rejection, no interview-just nothing. Anyone else in the same boat? This is the only school I applied to this cycle so the waiting is killing me. Wish they would tell me something. Just wondering if I'm the only one here...

My app was sent out 5th batch I believe, and my folder items have been complete since august, but I've got nothing. No rejection, no interview-just nothing. Anyone else in the same boat? This is the only school I applied to this cycle so the waiting is killing me. Wish they would tell me something. Just wondering if I'm the only one here...
Did you get their supplemental or an email from them?

Did you get their supplemental or an email from them?

Yes, forgot to mention that. Was completed late July. Then received an email that app was sent to committee and under review couple weeks after that, so mid august. Then nothing.

My DAT scores aren't great. Everything else is good though. 3.6 sci/3.8 overall, good ec's, shadowing etc. I'm wondering if bc of my DAT scores they are waiting until they get all the best applicants in first, and I'm just back up

Yes, forgot to mention that. Was completed late July. Then received an email that app was sent to committee and under review couple weeks after that, so mid august. Then nothing.

My DAT scores aren't great. Everything else is good though. 3.6 sci/3.8 overall, good ec's, shadowing etc. I'm wondering if bc of my DAT scores they are waiting until they get all the best applicants in first, and I'm just back up
Are you a resident in FL? I have opposite stats. I heard that they had interview open in January... I think lot of people apply there as a "safety school" because of it's lower average stats. I think NOVA is having the same issue. A lot of people applied to the school, and they are pretty much booked through March.

I haven't heard a peep from LECOM either. Second batch here.

Are you a resident in FL? I have opposite stats. I heard that they had interview open in January... I think lot of people apply there as a "safety school" because of it's lower average stats. I think NOVA is having the same issue. A lot of people applied to the school, and they are pretty much booked through March.

Yes, I am a fl resident. Seems like they're picking people who have high DAT scores this year. Unfortunately that's not me :( wondering if I should send some sort of letter of intent just to get some attention back on my app or if I should just wait it out.

If you applied to LECOM and haven't received an update, I would highly advise logging into your LECOM portal and checking your interview status. I didn't know that I received an interview until I logged in. I've checked my spam folder, promotions, social, trash, inbox, etc. and never got an email from the school with the invite.

If you applied to LECOM and haven't received an update, I would highly advise logging into your LECOM portal and checking your interview status. I didn't know that I received an interview until I logged in. I've checked my spam folder, promotions, social, trash, inbox, etc. and never got an email from the school with the invite.
Yeah, I'm already pretty obsessive about checking it :rolleyes: Still nothing.

My DAT was 23/23/23, nothing below 22. Got rejected today though.
I'm sorry! Their loss-I'm sure you'll get an acceptance somewhere with those scores :) Wish mine were that good. Good luck!

Yes, I am a fl resident. Seems like they're picking people who have high DAT scores this year. Unfortunately that's not me :( wondering if I should send some sort of letter of intent just to get some attention back on my app or if I should just wait it out.
But i'm sure those candidates are also hoping for state schools.

Just received my interview invite today! Super excited, will be setting my interview date in the next couple of days! Anyone that can offer some tips and advice from here on out?

Interviewing this week! First interview and super stoked mixed with a little nervous :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
47 days 19 hours 40 minutes 10 seconds....

wow the suspense is killing me! My app was complete back in July and still nothing! I've sent letter of intent, sent word of ongoing volunteering, etc. Nothing. People who applied after me are getting interviews!

I have nothing beneficial to say, just needed to rant!! :arghh::boom:

wow the suspense is killing me! My app was complete back in July and still nothing! I've sent letter of intent, sent word of ongoing volunteering, etc. Nothing. People who applied after me are getting interviews!

I have nothing beneficial to say, just needed to rant!! :arghh::boom:

Why would you send a letter of intent before getting an interview? They know you're interested when you pay money for and submit an application

Last edited:
Why would you send a letter of intent before getting an interview? They know you're interested when you pay money for and submit an application
It wasn't as much a letter of intent as it was an update on what I've been doing.

what time has everyone been showing up for interviews? one email says to arrive at 7:45 but it doesnt start till 9?

Anyone else receive a "re-review" email? The email I received says that my file will be re-reviewed by the adcom in 90 days, but my LECOM applicant portal states in 60 days? I'm taking this as a soft rejection. Anyone else have any experience with this? No hypothesis please. Yes, I know that most of the class will be filled by the time my file is re-reviewed, but has anyone gone through this in a previous cycle? If so, I'd appreciate you insight, thanks! Congrats to everyone with an interview….hopefully you take enough time in Fl to check out the amazing beaches!

I have an interview on November 6th and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch. Would anyone want to split a hotel room? I already booked it for myself so just throwing it out there. It's 85+tax/night. Shoot me a message or something!

got an interview invite today, only slots left were for feb/march??? anybody on the same boat?

Does anyone here know about Lecom's perspective on post-bacc students who didnt do well in undergraduate while majoring in a non-science field? my post-bacc science GPA is 3.7-3.8 with a 19 on the DAT but I have also gotten the "re-review" email. has anyone on here who has the re-review email actually gotten an interview?

Does anyone here know about Lecom's perspective on post-bacc students who didnt do well in undergraduate while majoring in a non-science field? my post-bacc science GPA is 3.7-3.8 with a 19 on the DAT but I have also gotten the "re-review" email. has anyone on here who has the re-review email actually gotten an interview?
You can look at re-review emails as a soft rejection... I think Lecom is trying to get high stats this year. I know several post-bacc students who have not been invited for an interview with similar post-bacc GPA and DAT scores.

mrdentist, please don't listen to DentalFox, who is speculating, and has no idea. I did state in an earlier post that I too have this status at LECOM, but you never know what the adcoms are doing. Nobody knows how things will turn out. Posts like DentalFox's are not helpful and pure speculation. Only someone who has gone thru the same situation with LECOM can be of help. Put absolutely ZERO thought to this poster's response. HAHAHA, it is laughable!

mrdentist, please don't listen to DentalFox, who is speculating, and has no idea. I did state in an earlier post that I too have this status at LECOM, but you never know what the adcoms are doing. Nobody knows how things will turn out. Posts like DentalFox's are not helpful and pure speculation. Only someone who has gone thru the same situation with LECOM can be of help. Put absolutely ZERO thought to this poster's response. HAHAHA, it is laughable!
I also received a re-review email from LECOM earlier this month and 10 days later I received an interview for January. Don't loose hope guys, you still have a shot.

Maybe lecom is different, but for most schools that's just how it is. This is just a probability game and I'm comparing the stats with people I know. I hope you guys get that invite though. I think it's great that @dentalcraze heard back.

You can look at re-review emails as a soft rejection... I think Lecom is trying to get high stats this year. I know several post-bacc students who have not been invited for an interview with similar post-bacc GPA and DAT scores.

That's like the ugliest girl at the bar being the pickiest......

Getting an acceptance to lecom is like winning $5 in the lottery after spending $100......

After you submitted the supplementary application, how long did it take to hear about an interview?

anyone know how many people they interview overall? I think it's around 600?

I heard it' somewhere around 500-600.

Yup. That's what they said at the interview. Also, for those who had an interview, how did it go for you? How did the admissions officers react to you..for example, were they talkative/did they seem friendly towards you? Just trying to see how others interviews went compared to mine. Thanks :)