****The Official LOMA LINDA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

penny49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2nd try here.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive the secondary app yet?

Just received supplemental application!!

I received the secondary app on the 9th as well. I was in the second batch. Is anyone here applying not religious? I heard in the past people applied without a religious leader recommendation letter, anyone know if its possible?

Guys,how many words or characters did you write for the supplemental essays? I have 400 each. I don't know if I should keep elaborating to fulfill the 800 word count since it might appear that I am lazy or something. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't think you need to fill the entire count.. i'm a re-applicant too and i got an interview last year with short essays.

does anyone know if it's okay to re-use old secondary essays for the same school? or should i write completely new ones?

I don't think you need to fill the entire count.. i'm a re-applicant too and i got an interview last year with short essays.

does anyone know if it's okay to re-use old secondary essays for the same school? or should i write completely new ones?

Reapplicant here as well. I do not plan to write entirely different essays.

Last edited:
Supplemental application was submitted few days ago (it gave me hard time.. more work than AADSAS itself but I think it is worth it)

Waiting for my supplements to be processed!

Sooo I submitted my supplemental on Friday, and I have yet to hear anything. Everything says complete and I talked to Cindy and she said they have everything for me....I guess I thought we would be hearing about some interviews already since last cycle I think I saw one as early as July 10th....

I have got call from loma linda univ for bench exam, I have no idea wat dey ask in bench exm does anyone has any idea wat dey actually ask??

Members don't see this ad :)
the exm is on 18th aug so reply asap.

I think a Bench exam is for people who have earned their dental degree in another country (to see if they are at the same level as our dentists in the US) so they can practice in the US. I may be wrong though.

Has anyone heard anything yet from this school? Any invites? lol

uggghhh..no and now that its the weekend we wont be hearing for another 3 days...hopefully! I feel like they were faster last cycle...o well hopefully no news is good news for now.

Did anyone else get this email: Thank you for your interest in LLU....
Not sure what this means

Did anyone else get this email: Thank you for your interest in LLU....
Not sure what this means

I got that on July 3rd. Latest ones i got were mentioning about Application Status and Supplemental application received that interview decision may take up to 6 weeks blah blah.

Ok, weird I got the confirmation that they received my secondary and didn't get this email until just now.

Any news here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any news here?

no.. i talked to Cindy yesterday and she told me we should all be hearing soon.. I don't think they started giving invites yet?

BTW, for reapplicants that interviewed at LLU last year, are we more likely to get an invite? Not sure how that works.

Last edited:
So I talked to Cindy and she said interviews will be given out the first week in September and they haven't started yet...

On the last part of the supplemental application, did anyone else have to answer the question,

"Discuss your use, past and present, of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs"??

Yup, I'm pretty sure everyone has to answer this question..

Has everyone received the financial aid email from LLU? Does it mean anything?

anyone received interview invitation yet?

Hello,

Who did you guys choose as your spiritual leader?
Has everyone sent a reference letter from a spiritual leader?

Thanks so much,

There're some people got in without reference letter from a spiritual leader. But they prefer sda applicant.

Anyone got interview?

what is everybody's AADSAS status?
Thanks

what is everybody's AADSAS status?
Thanks

Mine says application complete but missing additional info...I called them to see what this was about because my app has been complete for a while and I already received the app under review in July and they said they don't know why it says that on AADSAS and everything is there. So I wouldn't really rely on what AADSAS says...

Mine says application complete but missing additional info...I called them to see what this was about because my app has been complete for a while and I already received the app under review in July and they said they don't know why it says that on AADSAS and everything is there. So I wouldn't really rely on what AADSAS says...

My status is the same
Thanks asne, hope we will receive interview invitation soon.

My status is the same
Thanks asne, hope we will receive interview invitation soon.

Sure!...I know me too. Seems like they are taking MUCH longer than last cycle. I wonder why.

Sure!...I know me too. Seems like they are taking MUCH longer than last cycle. I wonder why.

That's why I am little worried. Hope we will receive something soon.

Is anyone else having an issue sending their ap test scores? It's been like 6 years and I have no idea how i'm supposed to get collegeboard to send my ap scores if i don't even remember my username and password and the email i used 6 years ago...

Is anyone else having an issue sending their ap test scores? It's been like 6 years and I have no idea how i'm supposed to get collegeboard to send my ap scores if i don't even remember my username and password and the email i used 6 years ago...
I think you're in the wrong forum... but to answer the question, i don't think dental school needs AP scores, it should be listed from their undergrad transcript already if they got credit for some of those classes taken in high school..

I just wondering if anyone received an interview invitation this year?
Thanks!

I talked to Cindy and she said its going to be another couple weeks until interviews are sent out:(

How do you know how many batches there are or which one we're in?

I just got an interview already yesterday from Loma Linda, so I'm not sure. Were early interviews sent out?

I received 3 emails stating app is complete.... what's going on..

Just a little FYI, Invites went out yesterday I believe, at least that's when I got one. I'm OOS.

Is the interview invite by email or snail mail? Or does it show up on AADSAS?

They Finally accepted my secondary. No Spiritual leader LOR. I guess time will tell.