**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Applesandteeth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the supplemental!

Good luck everyone. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting for the supplemental!

Good luck everyone. :luck:

The LOR from a spiritual leader is send with the secondary, right?

How long should it take to get the secondary app request after AADSAS is submitted?

Yes, the LOR should be with the secondary.

That's a great second question, I don't know. Still waiting for e-mail correspondence from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having a "great" time figuring out how to answer those supplemental questions now :laugh:

Almost done with my supplemental questions. Has anyone turned theirs in yet?

That character count seems to be a bit too much. For the alcohol abstinence question, what else can I say except for a simple "yes"?

Anyone actually getting up to the 4000 character max?

The questions seem pretty repetitive and hard to answer. I submitted mine but I didn't make the 4000 limit in any of the question regarding alcohol use/religion/etc.

Is a letter from spiritual leader required? I submitted mine without it.

I believe people have gotten out of a spiritual leader letter, but i dont believe you are competitive without one because of their emphasis on it.

They don't consider your application "complete" without it. You might want to tell them you aren't sending one in so your app isn't just sitting. My Pastor mailed mine snail mail and it took a few weeks after I submitted my supplementary for them to send out the application complete email.

Members don't see this ad :)
what essay should we upload for #14 on checklist ?

Oh never mind

Last edited:
All my stuff is finally in! :) I did not get up to the 4000 on any of them. I think it is just so that there is an upper limit so they do not end up reading a book on someone's life.

Got my interview here two days ago! First Interview so stoked!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Is Loma Linda on everyone's AADSAS portal? They still haven't been added to mine. Are they using it for updates this year?

Is Loma Linda on everyone's AADSAS portal? They still haven't been added to mine. Are they using it for updates this year?
I hasn't shown up on my AADSAS portal yet. I had a mail out date of August 1st and completed the secondary about a week ago....I don't think it means anything.

I hasn't shown up on my AADSAS portal yet. I had a mail out date of August 1st and completed the secondary about a week ago....I don't think it means anything.

Thanks! I submitted mid July and finished the secondary on July 24th so I just figured they would have posted it.

It says on AADSAS that community college credits aren't recommended. Does this mean they won't consider it pretty much?

Thanks! I submitted mid July and finished the secondary on July 24th so I just figured they would have posted it.
I can't remember when they first added it to my AADSAS portal, but for me, this was the timeline:
AADSAS mail out: 6/20
Contacted for secondary: 6/24
Secondary completed: 7/3
Notification that application was complete: 7/25
Invited for interview: 8/5

It says on AADSAS that community college credits aren't recommended. Does this mean they won't consider it pretty much?
I took the first half of general bio at a community college, and I still got an interview! So I would say... maybe try to minimize the community college classes, but I don't think they won't consider them.

Interview! So excited!!

I wonder who they will accept... I have been on the wait-list since March but I already have another interview in early September.

Looks like they accepted me lol. Flying down Sunday to start orientation Monday! Good luck to everyone, it's a crazy ride!!

Reactions: 2 users
They finally received my last LOR today.

Do they send you application complete email ?

You're welcome, Kita ;) I had a feeling they'd call you.

Looks like they accepted me lol. Flying down Sunday to start orientation Monday! Good luck to everyone, it's a crazy ride!!

Wow!! Congratulations! I am VERY happy for you. God bless!

Yes! Congratiolations!!!
I am VERY happy for you too!

Do they send you app complete email?

After submitting my secondary, I did not receive any email other than app update & payment received.

Did anyone just get a confirmation email saying that their supplementary application has been received? I submitted that a month ago, so it is kinda strange they received it just now o_O but I guess this means i am on active review now : )

Did anyone just get a confirmation email saying that their supplementary application has been received? I submitted that a month ago, so it is kinda strange they received it just now o_O but I guess this means i am on active review now : )

Nice I never received that email :(

Nice I never received that email :(
I think the system sends those emails. I wouldn't read much into it. If anything I would call and just ask if they are missing something. Also, if you are reapplying and don't need to re-send some of the things they ask for then the system won't recognize that as having been received last year.. Hope that makes sense.;)

Last edited:
Is Loma Linda done with Pre-December interviews?

I don't see any new invitations from this forum ..

I don't think they've started sending any interview invites yet. At least I hope not! I haven't heard anything...

lol has anyone gotten an interview recently? Is LLU really slow or are the applicants just very quiet lol

Reactions: 1 users
My supplemental was received August 18 and I was invited for an interview the 20th.

Last edited:
Wow.. I received my supplemental received email on 9/3 and haven't heard anything since.

They say the process may take up to 6 weeks but it takes too long for me compared to you guys :(
I wouldn't read too much into it! They're probably a little busier now that more apps are complete and ready for review. Hopefully your email will come soon :)

Mine was 8/29. so it isn't so far from you. I haven't heard back either. Oddly enough, everyone i know that has gotten an interview at llu so far is female... Maybe they are THAT religious that they are separating the males and females for interviews lol

Mine was 8/29. so it isn't so far from you. I haven't heard back either. Oddly enough, everyone i know that has gotten an interview at llu so far is female... Maybe they are THAT religious that they are separating the males and females for interviews lol
Im a guy and interviewed there mid august lol

Reactions: 1 users