**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Sweet I got an email! I wonder if it is an interview invite? Oh wow it's from Loma Linda!! :soexcited: This could be it! I open the email and read the FAQ's about Loma Linda. This has happened to me three times now. :yeahright:
I loooooooooooove those emails. My heart drops every time

Members don't see this ad.

Still just the one interview on here? I know Loma Linda is usually one of the most quiet threads but this is brutal haha

Still just the one interview on here? I know Loma Linda is usually one of the most quiet threads but this is brutal haha
LLU graduating 1 student for class of '20..

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am confused about the waive status of my Evaluation. On AADSAS>Status > Evaluations, the waive status of my committee letter is "Waived: Yes". However, according to the LLU application, the waive status of my Reference Letter is "I chose to NOT WAIVE my right to inspect this recommendation".

Anyone else been invited for an interview?

I will not have a pastor letter, cause i do not attend church, but can I still get an interview? Will be submitting supp tomorrow. I have a strong past of christianity though and stated that in all my secondary essays.

I will not have a pastor letter, cause i do not attend church, but can I still get an interview? Will be submitting supp tomorrow. I have a strong past of christianity though and stated that in all my secondary essays.

Unless you know the dean, not being SDA is a huge disadvantage when applying here.

Wow, this is rough. I don't know whether to be relieved or panicked that no one else has gotten interviews yet! Does it mean they haven't ruled me out? Lol
No way to check the status of their application process once you've submitted the secondary correct? When I login to the portal I see that everything is marked as received but nothing else indicating where they are in the review process. Is that the same for everyone else?

Wow, this is rough. I don't know whether to be relieved or panicked that no one else has gotten interviews yet! Does it mean they haven't ruled me out? Lol
No way to check the status of their application process once you've submitted the secondary correct? When I login to the portal I see that everything is marked as received but nothing else indicating where they are in the review process. Is that the same for everyone else?

I called yesterday and they are down two people so they are going slower.

So do students actually want to attend a school with this kind of atmosphere, or is it just some backup school whose nonsense is tolerated by somewhat religious people?
For some people the moral atmosphere is more important

I was actually considering postponing my interview to after December 1st because of the distance, but I decided to go through with it. I report back after October 21st.

Reactions: 1 users
I was actually considering postponing my interview to after December 1st because of the distance, but I decided to go through with it. I report back after October 21st.
Let us know if you're the only one there.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe they do individual tours, so I will probably not see anyone else? They told me to specify a time slot I wanted to interview (9, 10, and 11 A.M.)

Members don't see this ad :)
yes

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email from Loma Linda stating I have an outstanding item, pastor LOR, should I call them to inform them that I will not be sending one? I marked that I will not be adding any more letters on my supplemental.

A part of what they said in the email:

The following items are still outstanding. If any of these have already been sent, please allow a few days for them to be processed and updated on your application checklist.

Ref from Spiritual Leader [ Please enter recommender name and email address by logging on to your online application ]

Your program requires a recommendation from a specific type of recommender detailed above. If you have already entered a recommender who qualifies, please log in to your application checklist and designate them appropriately. If not, please add a new recommender who will satisfy this requirement.

Last edited:
I received an email from Loma Linda stating I have an outstanding item, pastor LOR, should I call them to inform them that I will not be sending one? I marked that I will not be adding any more letters on my supplemental.

The following items are still outstanding. If any of these have already been sent, please allow a few days for them to be processed and updated on your application checklist.

Ref from Spiritual Leader [ Please enter recommender name and email address by logging on to your online application ]

Your program requires a recommendation from a specific type of recommender detailed above. If you have already entered a recommender who qualifies, please log in to your application checklist and designate them appropriately. If not, please add a new recommender who will satisfy this requirement.

This LOR is a requirement. If you tell them you will not be submitting it, they will consider your application incomplete and probably toss it.

These advertising emails kill me every time!

Got an interview invite today!

No, not SDA but am LDS

It doesn't have to be a pastor, it can be any significant spiritual leader in your life. I had my bible study leader write one for me and she works in business. I would find someone to write one or you wont get in.

It doesn't have to be a pastor, it can be any significant spiritual leader in your life. I had my bible study leader write one for me and she works in business. I would find someone to write one or you wont get in.
Thank you! I did submit a letter last week from a bible teach from high school for my pastor letter. Hopefully they complete it soon.

Okay I had my interview yesterday. It was with two professors. One from the Dental school and another from the medical school. The one from the medical school asked me almost all of the questions and the other interviewer was listening in. This was the interview I performed the worst in, My answers didn't come out as clearly as I would have liked and I didn't give the best possible answers. The school has a nice quiet campus and the clinic and classrooms are standard, but they have a new sim lab though. The red flag came from the student who gave me a tour and he told me about how the graduation rate has been disappointing recently due to some curriculum issues? They are up for accreditation this year, but I am sure they will get it together to stay accredited. And yes I saw one person as I was done with the interview.

Okay I had my interview yesterday. It was with two professors. One from the Dental school and another from the medical school. The one from the medical school asked me almost all of the questions and the other interviewer was listening in. This was the interview I performed the worst in, My answers didn't come out as clearly as I would have liked and I didn't give the best possible answers. The school has a nice quiet campus and the clinic and classrooms are standard, but they have a new sim lab though. The red flag came from the student who gave me a tour and he told me about how the graduation rate has been disappointing recently due to some curriculum issues? They are up for accreditation this year, but I am sure they will get it together to stay accredited. And yes I saw one person as I was done with the interview.

That was me!

Ahh should have said hi hahah. How did your interview go?

I really liked the school. It was super short I was only there for an hour and a half, which was great because I am sick of the 6 hour long interviews where they are trying to sell me the school. This place felt really professional.

Message me if you want to talk in more detail!

Great job guys! Thanks for sharing your experiences. This thread has stayed pretty quiet so far... Praying for an interview invite!

School: Loma Linda
Notification date: 11/3/15
Interview date: TBD
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6 (7th batch)

I've looked back at old threads, Loma Linda seems to get so few applicants that actually post on here.

I'm really hoping to get in here come Dec 1st. I'm really liking it so far!

Rejected. Had high hopes because I was extended an invite for secondary and I'm Hindu... But no.

So upon looking at previous threads it looks like LLU typically extends acceptances closer to December 18, so in case you were waiting on the first it might be another two weeks after that before you hear back.

The last three years it seems like a majority were accepted on the first day and then some more trickled in the following days. But yeah the no call the first day isn't an end all sign...sure would be nice though haha

Last year no acceptances were reported on their thread on dec 1 but several on the 18.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-university-application-thread.1074006/page-7

Go to the previous page to see no action on the first. As for previous years it may vary but I'm assuming that they might be running it similarly to last year.

Anyone want to cal and see when they plan to extend their first round of acceptances to verify? Then we can stop speculating =P

That is the med school thread not the dental school thread...

Oh no! They are sending out rejections letters already too? Scared off my pants right now!

Hi guys! For those that have interviewed/will interview, were you able to access the parking permit in the email? When I click on the link, it just sends me straight to the school home page. D:

Hi guys! For those that have interviewed/will interview, were you able to access the parking permit in the email? When I click on the link, it just sends me straight to the school home page. D:

Mine didn't work either. Just tell the security guard and he will reluctantly let you in.

Word of advice the entrance is on the opposite side of building from parking lot.

Enter in (clinic waiting room) and go to back right corner where elevators are. Take the second elevator (the one on the right furthest from entrance) to fifth floor and enter the door slightly in front and to the right.

Just wanted to ask, for those who got interviews when did you submit your secondaries?

Just wanted to ask, for those who got interviews when did you submit your secondaries?
Mine was complete August 16th. I submitted it earlier but I did not have my committee letter yet.

So I heard from my aunt that some PUC (adventist undergrad school in Cali) applicants received their acceptances already.

So I heard from my aunt that some PUC (adventist undergrad school in Cali) applicants received their acceptances already.

Interesting, I don't if they legally can do that though? I'd be surprised. Do they have some program like UoPs 2+3 deal?

Interesting, I don't if they legally can do that though? I'd be surprised. Do they have some program like UoPs 2+3 deal?

I do not believe so. I was very skeptical when my mother told me about it. I also dont see a lot of adventist undergrads on sdn either.

Has anyone received an acceptance letter/email/call yet? I'm so anxious to hear back from them!! Anyone know when they will start sending them out ?

I'd love to go here! I'm not SDA but I'm still hoping and praying for an interview !

Has anyone received an acceptance letter/email/call yet? I'm so anxious to hear back from them!! Anyone know when they will start sending them out ?

All schools send them out next Tuesday

Def not true. Not sure if I should say this, but I have relatives who teach at PUC, and they said that they haven't received any acceptances yet.

Also-- I didn't receive an email, but on my AADSAS portal, it changed from "Under Review" to "Invited to Interview"... has that happened to anyone? Kind of nervous that I didn't get an email...