**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I just interviewed yesterday, it was very short. I had a 30min one-on-one interview, and then a student gave me a quick tour of the dental school. It was about an hour total. I had a great experience though and was impressed with the campus. Good luck with yours!

Congrats on the interview. I can't believe that it's only about an hour long. How do you feel about the interview itself, and who interviewed you if you don't mind me asking. Also were the questions more based on your faith/religion or more generic for dental school. I have an interview as well and am trying to prepare. Thanks in advance and good luck to you

Members don't see this ad.

invited for interview on Aug 24 and had my interview on Sep 9 :)

I just had my interview yesterday!
It was a great experience :D
The interview was very conversational and laid back
1 hour interview, 1hour tour and that's it!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview yesterday!
It was a great experience :D
The interview was very conversational and laid back
1 hour interview, 1hour tour and that's it!
1 hour tour? I interviewed last year and literally my tour was 5 min

1 hour tour? I interviewed last year and literally my tour was 5 min

yeah it was pretty much about 40min~1hr
a resident student introduced me to all the rooms and a lot of the staff and talked to me about his experience and all
i think it depends on who you get for the tour

Any new interviews here

Got an interview invite for November 30th!

Got an interview a few days back, date are in december, there was a nov date too but it didn't work well with my exam schedule

Hey guys... so I didn't get an interview, but I was just invited to meet with the director of admissions for a consult. I was given the choice of speaking with her over the phone or in person. The admissions office was clear that it wasn't an interview, but I'm also not being rejected. Frankly, I'm a bit confused on what to expect since they were pretty vague on what this could be about. Anyone else experience something like this?

Hey guys... so I didn't get an interview, but I was just invited to meet with the director of admissions for a consult. I was given the choice of speaking with her over the phone or in person. The admissions office was clear that it wasn't an interview, but I'm also not being rejected. Frankly, I'm a bit confused on what to expect since they were pretty vague on what this could be about. Anyone else experience something like this?
same here, I have no clue either and I don't know why they emphasize that its not an interview,

Same here I don't even know if I should have hope or not

interview ! Oct & Nov are all filled up.

Are you interviewing in November? I'll be there November 30th. That was the soonest available as of 2 weeks ago when I got the call.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

same here, I have no clue either and I don't know why they emphasize that its not an interview,

Same here I don't even know if I should have hope or not

I got that too. I actually went and talked in person. Even though the person I talked to told me that I didn't need to come all the way there from where I live (about 1.5 hr driving), I think showing them my interest that way was a good thing.
My reason was my outdated transcript. (I graduated 4+ years ago) So I told the admin staff that I am taking additional recommended courses to update the transcript. She told me that she would discuss with academic dean about my app and let me know if I would be invited for an interview or not. I got an interview invite letter about 2-3 weeks later and did mine a few weeks ago.
They just want to clear some things up and to address their concerns about something in your app and see if you want to take their "advice," such as raising your GPAs, taking more courses, etc. Don't panic, just give them a call or visit them if LLU is your top choice.
Good luck!

Apparently if you have a science GPA lower than 3.4, and a QR of 17, even with a 21AA, you automatically get screened out.

I was kinda shocked to be honest.

I recently got an email for supplemental application. But my QR is 16 :( AA 20 and TS 20. After reading your post I feel like not to complete their secondary application. Because it seems like I will be screened out quickly, and I will be wasting my money $150 :mad:. Any advice?

I recently got an email for supplemental application. But my QR is 16 :( AA 20 and TS 20. After reading your post I feel like not to complete their secondary application. Because it seems like I will be screened out quickly, and I will be wasting my money $150 :mad:. Any advice?

I have 16QR but 22AA and had an early interview there. Just submit it!

Reactions: 1 user
Advice? Do what you wish.

At the end of the day there are other factors, the above were just what they told me about my application. You never know.

The above poster is a prime example. However, if you're on the fence and have another school where you feel more competitive and have to decide, I'd go with the more competitive one. Just what I'd do if in similar shoes.

Honestly, if the only reason you don't want to apply is the $150 fee, then apply. That money isn't even a drop in the bucket of debt that dental school will bring. Why not maximize your chances at getting in this year instead of applying again?

Reactions: 1 users
I got that too. I actually went and talked in person. Even though the person I talked to told me that I didn't need to come all the way there from where I live (about 1.5 hr driving), I think showing them my interest that way was a good thing.
My reason was my outdated transcript. (I graduated 4+ years ago) So I told the admin staff that I am taking additional recommended courses to update the transcript. She told me that she would discuss with academic dean about my app and let me know if I would be invited for an interview or not. I got an interview invite letter about 2-3 weeks later and did mine a few weeks ago.
They just want to clear some things up and to address their concerns about something in your app and see if you want to take their "advice," such as raising your GPAs, taking more courses, etc. Don't panic, just give them a call or visit them if LLU is your top choice.
Good luck!
Do you mean raising GPA or retake DAT to get an interview for this year or for next year ??

For those of you who are currently attending this school right now, how is it so far? I was committed to go to Loma Linda specifically for their Christian community environment, however, after that non-existent tour and school experience I had on my interview day, I have second thoughts on going to my state school and saving $200,000.

I also don't know anyone else who are currently there, so if you have any info about how the school is, faculties relationship, community, please do tell us all!

I also received the unofficial talk-date with admissions at Loma Linda. I'm concerned since others have mentioned that they were given actual interviews. I'm guessing it's a pre-interview interview since it wouldn't make sense for it to be an outright rejection, unless they want to give you hope so that you would reapply next year. I'm going to hope it goes well!

Did anyone's status change after they interviewed? Mine changed to received/application complete like a week after my interview. I don't know if that's a good thing/bad thing or everyone's changes to that after they interview.

Did anyone's status change after they interviewed? Mine changed to received/application complete like a week after my interview. I don't know if that's a good thing/bad thing or everyone's changes to that after they interview.

My status changed to Received/Application Complete too (not sure about exactly when), so it might be the case for everyone after they interviewed.

My status changed to Received/Application Complete too (not sure about exactly when), so it might be the case for everyone after they interviewed.
OK awesome thanks for the reply. Kind of worried me because some schools say check back dec 1. Hopefully they send out a lot of acceptances though Dec 1!!

It is the day.
I just got an acceptance email!
Soooooooooooo excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on your acceptances! I just interviewed today, fingers crossed :) I thought they had to wait until December 1st to accept students?

I just got the acceptance email as well!! So happy and grateful. What a day!! I interviewed in early September.
19AA
GPA 3.8
CA resident

Can't wait to start and meet with my new classmates. Good luck to everyone waiting and about to interview.

Accepted at 4PM & going! Can't wait to meet you all <3

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who are currently attending this school right now, how is it so far? I was committed to go to Loma Linda specifically for their Christian community environment, however, after that non-existent tour and school experience I had on my interview day, I have second thoughts on going to my state school and saving $200,000.

I also don't know anyone else who are currently there, so if you have any info about how the school is, faculties relationship, community, please do tell us all!
I am a current D1 at LLU. Unless your state school is a newer one with low board passing rates or something like that, I would definitely go with your state school if you get it. LLU is an excellent dental school with a well-earned reputation - but at the end of the day the biggest thing is saving that much money.

Hi all,
Congrats to those who have been accepted!! I have my interview next week and was wondering if you could tell me what the interview day looks like?

Hi all,
Congrats to those who have been accepted!! I have my interview next week and was wondering if you could tell me what the interview day looks like?

One 30 min interview with a faculty member, and a quick 15-20min tour of the facilities by a student. You will be in and out in about an hour.

Hi all,

I was in a 1 on 1 interview with a faculty member for just over an hour. Then the tour I think depends on which dental student you get. My tour was about 45 minutes long.

Sounds like it depends a little on who is interviewing and giving the tour. Definitely not an all day thing though.

Best of luck!

One 30 min interview with a faculty member, and a quick 15-20min tour of the facilities by a student. You will be in and out in about an hour.

Thank you both so much! I'm excited to interview there... definitely one of my top choices!

As the former unofficial tour guide of LLU, I'm saddened to hear that you didn't have a good tour. I used to give a ton of them and they would last at least a half hour to an hour, depending on how many questions I got. Students who volunteer for tours get paid $10 by the school for each tour and I think some are just interested in the cash and not about showcasing the school.

Hi guys. For any of you guys that have interviewed, what was it like? It's my first interview so I'm not really sure what to expect. How did you guys prepare and is there anything you wish you knew before?

Hi guys. For any of you guys that have interviewed, what was it like? It's my first interview so I'm not really sure what to expect. How did you guys prepare and is there anything you wish you knew before?

Just be yourself. Loma Linda is looking for quality people who prioritize spirituality and service over everything else. They'll talk with you about your family and your upbringing. It's really an easy going interview. I enjoyed mine :)