**** The Official Louisville Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

FutureDrM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just made another thread but I simply copied and pasted last years but forgot to change the graduation year.... whoops! So here's the real one.

Post away! Good luck to you guys!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely interested in Louisville and hope I get a chance to interview here! :xf:

Would love an interview here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Louisville is on my list as well!! fingers crossed!

Did you pay the supplemental app fee? I followed their link and paid and all it said was "thanks for your purchase!". There was no further link and no email receipt. Was that the same for you?

Did you pay the supplemental app fee? I followed their link and paid and all it said was "thanks for your purchase!". There was no further link and no email receipt. Was that the same for you?
The same thing happened to me just now lol. I hope they got my payment. I guess there is no secondary essay for this school right?

Yes, the email from Louisville indicates that there is no separate app-just payment of the fee and the application will be complete.

The same thing happened to me just now lol. I hope they got my payment. I guess there is no secondary essay for this school right?

Last year no essay was required. If you're interested in seeing how the process goes, I'd recommend looking at last year's posts. That will give you an idea of what to expect, time table, etc.

Anybody visit this school.

One a excited applicant!!

:cool:

Same for me. No confirmation or anything. I checked my credit card online, however, and it showed the $65 deduction from UofL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today from them indicating my fee had been received... I paid about two weeks ago.

In theory, all my app materials are in and my app should be ready to process. Aadsas mailed my app in the second batch, UL confirmed receipt of my payment. However, their last update to me said they had all parts of my app BUT my LORs. Do they process each part of tge app separately? Just wondering why my app hasnt been sent for review yet.

just got an e-mail saying my application is now complete and passed on to adcom

What did that email say exactly? I was first batch, submitted my fee within an hour of receiving the email from Louisville several weeks ago about the fee, and all I got yesterday was confirmation that they received my fee. Why would I not get the same email about being passed to adcom?

What did that email say exactly? I was first batch, submitted my fee within an hour of receiving the email from Louisville several weeks ago about the fee, and all I got yesterday was confirmation that they received my fee. Why would I not get the same email about being passed to adcom?

Did the same as you. got an email saying fee was received yday as well but no other email about my app being complete.... I'm OOS

I'm OOS and I got the fee received email monday and application complete email today. I was in the second batch and paid the fee right away.

Same :confused:

They're dealing with A LOT of apps, I'm sure. Have you taken your DAT and are all your LORs in? Below is what their email to me said.

Dear Longcatislong,

This is to inform you that your application to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry DMD Program is now COMPLETE and no further action is needed at this time. Complete applications are "under review" by the Admissions Committee throughout the remainder of the application cycle.

Although we have a large number of applications, your application is important to us and will be given careful consideration. Only individuals who are being seriously considered are invited to interview, and interviewing is mandatory prior to admission. If selected to interview you will be contacted via email. Interviews are conducted on Mondays and Fridays from late August through February. In order to be interviewed you must respond by the deadline specified on your invitation.

We appreciate your promptness in submitting your application materials and your patience during the review period. We will notify you by email if your status changes so it is not necessary for you to contact us.

Thank you for your interest. We wish you the best in your quest to become a dentist.

Sincerely,

DMD Admissions Committee
University of Louisville
School of Dentistry"

Does anyone know when interviews go out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read Longcatislong's message above :D

I'm in the 3rd batch an still haven't received the secondary fee link. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm a reapplicant that was wait listed last cycle.

I'm in the 3rd batch an still haven't received the secondary fee link. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm a reapplicant that was wait listed last cycle.

3rd batch here as well, first time applying to Louisville, still no e-mail directing me to pay secondary. Got a little bit nervous, but maybe they're swamped.

I got an email on July 1st to pay the application fee. Paid it that day and just got the email saying they got it July 16th and it said my application was considered COMPLETE yet even though my AADSAS has been submitted and completed since June 20th...

They seem to be going kind of slow.

I attended Louisville's open house on Friday and they have received over 1,000 applications so far. They said to be expecting invitations for an interview to be sent out in two weeks.

I attended Louisville's open house on Friday and they have received over 1,000 applications so far. They said to be expecting invitations for an interview to be sent out in two weeks.

I'm a little concerned. I was first batch, paid the fee immediately, and all I received was a confirmation of payment last week. I never got any email confirming my app was complete and being sent for review. Why do you think others who were second batch got the confirmation but not me? Should I call them?

So I have received a few private messages about my last post so I thought I would clarify-sorry for so many posts. On Friday I went to Louisville's dental school that is why I know my application was reviewed-I never got an email. Here are the dates for the open house-if your near the area I would suggest going.

DMD Admission and program information for prospective DMD students

Information sessions are designed for prospective or first time applicants to dental school.*

Call 502-852-5081 to make your reservation.

All sessions begin at 9:30 a.m.(EST)

Thursday, August 1, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013

Received 2 emails from UoL today, 1st has conformation for receiving AADSAS, fee and DAT. the 2nd was "APPLICATION COMPLETED".

Received 2 emails from UoL today, 1st has conformation for receiving AADSAS, fee and DAT. the 2nd was "APPLICATION COMPLETED".

I only received one so far. the one that said my application is processing. Hopefully I get the app complete email soon.

Yes I was asking you :) you'll be fine! Good luck.

I received an email saying your DAT scores need to be within the last two years. Mine were from Feb 2011. So unless I retake I cannot attend.

After some financial straggles, today I finally added Louisville to my app! :cool: :highfive:
It most likelly be sent next Fri. Now, how long do you guys think it would take to receive the link-payment? :shrug: I am kind of concern because it sounds like interview invites will be send out soon.

Any ideas? :confused:

Y'all are in for a huge surprise if you get an interview/acceptance at Louisville. I'm an out-of-state student, but this is SUCH a good (the best, IMO :) ) program!!! When I was in your shoes, I interviewed at 10 places and even turned down ivies to go here. Let me know if y'all have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, if I can! Good luck guys!!

Y'all are in for a huge surprise if you get an interview/acceptance at Louisville. I'm an out-of-state student, but this is SUCH a good (the best, IMO :) ) program!!! When I was in your shoes, I interviewed at 10 places and even turned down ivies to go here. Let me know if y'all have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, if I can! Good luck guys!!
Congrats on your acceptance!! How is the interview process like? I agree with you, their program is amazing so I'm hoping for an interview soon :) thanks in advance!!

Hi, what is the total cost of attendance (including living costs) for OOS, and do you know if we could convert it to in-state after a year?

I look forward to hearing from them soon. Hopefully with good news and an interview in the near future!

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area (in CA) my whole life. I'm excited to move somewhere new for dental school, but I know absolutely nothing about Louisville...What are your thoughts on Louisville and the surrounding area?

I look forward to hearing from them soon. Hopefully with good news and an interview in the near future!

I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area (in CA) my whole life. I'm excited to move somewhere new for dental school, but I know absolutely nothing about Louisville...What are your thoughts on Louisville and the surrounding area?

Hey, I'm originally from Fresno (CA) and am a first year at louisville (in preventative dentistry right this moment). Louisville is fantastic! I love it here. The weather isn't quite as nice as the bay area, but it's still great. There's a great park system, awesome bars to go to. Bardstown road has some great restaurants and bars to choose from. There's always some kind of local concert going on at 4th Street Live. The school is amazing, and everyone is very helpful. Speaking of people, southern hospitality is a real thing. It's taking awhile for me to get used to people being genuinely interested in what I have to say. Small talk isn't necessarily common in these parts. Make sure that if/when you get an interview, make a weekend out of it and enjoy the city.

Hi, what is the total cost of attendance (including living costs) for OOS, and do you know if we could convert it to in-state after a year?

92k for tuition, fees, and living expenses. If you take out all the loans possible. No, you can not turn it into In state after the first year.

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance!! How is the interview process like? I agree with you, their program is amazing so I'm hoping for an interview soon :) thanks in advance!!

The interview is really relaxed. They don't grill you, they just want to make sure that you are a normal person. Interview invites my year started in August, with the earliest date being at the end of September.

^He's right, it's about $92,000 for everything right now. But that's pretty average...A lot of my friends here are on military scholarships, and the military loves Louisville grads (Louisville produces extremely well trained clinicians). So if you're interested in being debt free, getting a $20,000 signing bonus, and $2100/month, go for it :love:

There is plenty to do here in Louisville...I guarantee you won't be bored! I knew nothing about Louisville when I came here, but it's by far the most fun city I've ever lived in (grew up in Chicago and New York).

92k for tuition, fees, and living expenses. If you take out all the loans possible. No, you can not turn it into In state after the first year.

Thank you