**** The Official Louisville Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

waldo13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would go ahead and start this one. I have heard great things about the Louisville dental program. Really hoping to get in here. Post if you have any questions or updates on Louisville. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email and my secondary application fee. Anyone else?? No essay :)

Already? Congratulations! Are all of your letters of recommendation in and has your GPA already been verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Already? Congratulations! Are all of your letters of recommendation in and has your GPA already been verified?

Thank you! I got an email from ADEA yesterday that my application was in which included GPA and letters of rec. I submitted early last week. What about you?

@caturday24/7 , my application has been e-submitted, but I'm still waiting for two of my letters of recommendation and for my GPA to be verified. Hopefully there will be some good news next week!

@bpoore19 maybe follow up with the people who wrote the LORs you are waiting on? Perhaps you have already done so but I have found it can be confusing to submit for people who aren't familiar with the process. I'm sure you will get a notification in the next few days. Are you OOS?

@caturday24/7 I have my references working on the letters... hopefully they'll be done soon. I'm OOS. Are you IS or OOS?

Here's to hoping for some good news next week! :)

I got the same a few days ago! I was confused because my letters of rec haven't been received by AADSAS from Interfolio yet. Is it weird to get an email about a secondary app fee before your letters of rec are in or is that normal?

Congratulations! My app was complete when I got the secondary so I'm not sure if that is normal.

What do people have to say about this program? I am interested to hear other's opinions positive or negative and anything helps. Thanks

They send the 2nd app fee to everyone. Once you submit they send it to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
@goonsquad Still exciting to receive any news from a dental school. Thanks for the info though, that is good to know.

I've heard some really awesome things about this program, especially clinically. I know that the faculty and students are phenomenal and make you feel like you are a part of their family. The facilities are also newly renovated and state-of-the-art and there are many opportunities for research and community involvement. I definitely hope to interview here!

Last edited:
Same. It was almost instantaneous after I got an email saying my GPA had been verified.
After paying, I received a "Thank you for paying" page but didn't receive a confirmation email. Did you experience the same thing? Getting no confirmation email?

After paying, I received a "Thank you for paying" page but didn't receive a confirmation email. Did you experience the same thing? Getting no confirmation email?

Same! But my bank statement indicates that a payment was made.

My confirmation email didn't come for a few days after I paid

did you guys get a confirmation email after you paid them? I didn't get any

For those of you who received an email, are your letters uploaded? I have everything in and verified except the letters, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I got the email almost instantaneously after my GPA was verified. I had two letters of recommendation uploaded at that point - one from a dentist and one from a science professor.

Strangely enough, I just got an email verifying that they received my payment of $65.

I have everything in and verified and haven't heard anything from Loui either

I got the email almost instantaneously after my GPA was verified. I had two letters of recommendation uploaded at that point - one from a dentist and one from a science professor.

Strangely enough, I just got an email verifying that they received my payment of $65.
Same got the payment confirmation as well.

Same! Does anyone know if Loui does a supplemental if they extend an invite?

What does "personal reference" mean when they talk about LORs? Would a dentist fulfill this requirement? Thanks

What does "personal reference" mean when they talk about LORs? Would a dentist fulfill this requirement? Thanks
I think the personal reference means you can get anyone, so yes a dentist would fulfill it!

Reactions: 1 users
Good Luck to all applying to Louisville! It is a wonderful place to become a dentist! Feel free to PM me with questions about the program.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the "Complete" email a few days ago as well.

I too received an email after I paid a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Same here! Hopefully they'll start reviewing soon!

Finally found a computer with Internet Explorer on it to pay the fee today! :)

I wonder if paying with Internet Explorer really matters... :p

I heard they go through and check to make sure you used it and if not they toss your application out

;)

Reactions: 1 users