**** The Official Louisville Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Ah, thanks!! I was wiggin' out a little...
I heard that you can make a change, but that they will make a note of it...

Members don't see this ad.

School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 08/25/2014
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application complete date: 06/19/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/19/22

i have a decent amount of ECs, which is the only reason I can come up with for getting an interview lol
i'm scheduled for 9/22, if anyone wants to meet up the day before!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I apply four schools including University of Louisville.
I am losing hope for this school.
I did not know University of Louisville looking for leadership and extracurriculum activities.
I forgot to write some of my extracurriculum activities and shadowing hours in my application!!!
I wish I can change my application!!!
anybody is in same boat with me??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
University of Louisville is the one of the four schools I apply on this cycle.
I am almost losing hope for this school.
I did not know University of Louisville looking for lots of leadership skill and extracurriculum activities.
I miss some of my extracurriculum activities and shadowing hours!!!
I didn't know they are looking for a lot of hours....:(

University of Louisville is the one of the four schools I apply on this cycle.
I am almost losing hope for this school.
I did not know University of Louisville looking for lots of leadership skill and extracurriculum activities.
I miss some of my extracurriculum activities and shadowing hours!!!
Your grammar is really off...

Notification date: 09/08/2014
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Interview date: 11/17/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 20/20/21/26/16

I am really looking forward to visiting the campus in November!

Reactions: 1 user
Notification date: 09/08/2014
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Interview date: 10/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/OC): 22/22/21/25

Last edited:
School: Louisville
Interview date: 10/13
Notification date: 9/8
Method: email
Residency: WA
Mailout: 7/7
Complete: 7/16
Gpa (science, overall): 3.00, 3.25 (working on masters)
DAT (AA, TS, PAT, Reading, any below 17): 21, 19, 19, 25, none

Quick question, I paid the supplemental through the link their email provided but the receipt was never emailed to me. Will they be sending a follow-up email? My credit card was charged so I'm pretty sure the transaction went through.

Quick question, I paid the supplemental through the link their email provided but the receipt was never emailed to me. Will they be sending a follow-up email? My credit card was charged so I'm pretty sure the transaction went through.

Yes, they will.

hey guys anybody interviewing on the 27th of October?

Members don't see this ad :)
Louisville was not on my original list of schools I applied to back in June, but now I am starting to second guess that decision. Should I still give it a shot and apply this late in the cycle or do you think it would be a total waste?

Interview #1
Notification day: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29/14
Residency: KY
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 22/22/22/21/none

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/19/14
Residency: UT
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 19/19/21/18

I am wondering how I got an interview. I am pretty surprised. How many people do they invite to interview? Does anyone know how many people get accepted (percentage wise) from the interview pool?

I'm not really sure why I haven't received an interview. I know that seems cocky, but I feel like my stats are competitive and I submitted in the middle of July.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not really sure why I haven't received an interview. I know that seems cocky, but I feel like my stats are competitive and I submitted in the middle of July.
Exactly how I feel. I've had app complete/under review with Louisville since the first week of August.

I've also held leadership in a fraternity and my school's pre-dental club, so the only thing I can think of is that my personal statement isn't what they're looking for.

Interview date: October 20th!!
GPA : AA 3.9 Science 4.0
DAT: AA20/ TS 20 / PAT 18
OOS

Anyone else interviewing on this date?? I'm so happy!!! :) :)

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/19/14
Residency: UT
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 19/19/21/18

I am wondering how I got an interview. I am pretty surprised. How many people do they invite to interview? Does anyone know how many people get accepted (percentage wise) from the interview pool?

They invite about 400 out of 2000. I don't know how many are accepted by 120 matriculate. 77 slots are for out of state students and 43 are in state. I see you are from Utah, when I was there I met about four Utah people. I think they like people from Utah.

Sit tight and be patient. I was feeling anxious and second guessing myself. Then I got my interview invitation on Friday. There is still plenty of time. Your invitation will come soon!

How long after "received/application completed" did it take for everyone to hear something back?

How long after "received/application completed" did it take for everyone to hear something back?
~3 months for me...Got the email saying things were complete/under review near the end of June...when I didn't hear anything in July, August or early September, I just figured I didn't make their cut. Then to my surprise got an invite few weeks ago. :)

Hey everyone. I have an interview on the 13th of October. Is anyone interested on splitting a room for the 12th?

They invite about 400 out of 2000. I don't know how many are accepted by 120 matriculate. 77 slots are for out of state students and 43 are in state. I see you are from Utah, when I was there I met about four Utah people. I think they like people from Utah.
I am from Utah and haven't received any notice yet. Hopefully soon!

Is there a supplemental application to Louisville? I already paid the fee but I didn't fill out anything else. Is paying the fee all what we have to do after submitting the AADSAS application?

Edit: does it take too long to receive the "complete application" email from Louisville?

Last edited:
Is there a supplemental application to Louisville? I already paid the fee but I didn't fill out anything else. Is paying the fee all what we have to do after submitting the AADSAS application?

Edit: does it take too long to receive the "complete application" email from Louisville?
Among my 12 schools, it was 9th or 10th to reach this status.

and is there anything to fill out besides paying the fee? :)

I don't think so. You should get a payment confirmed email, then like a week later I got a received all materials email and a day or two later an application complete and ready for review email.

Last edited:
I'll be there on the 20th as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Interviewing October 13th!
Busy week ahead of me UK 10/9, Louisville 10/13, UAB 10/15. Starting to get pretty nervous!

GPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17): 21/22/23/21/NONE

I received an interview invite last Friday.

GPA: 3.85 overall, 3.81 science
DAT: 22 AA/22 TS/ 24 PAT/ 25 RC
OOS

Does anyone know if the Univ. of Louisville allows OOS residents to apply for in-state residency after their first year of dental school?
When I interviewed there I'm pretty sure they said they do not allow that.

When I asked Robin from UofL about what I should come prepared for for the interview process she just said come prepared to have fun... (not sure what that means)... but she says we've already been accepted on credentials they are just personality matching. Does anyone know what kind of questions they are going to ask?

When I asked Robin from UofL about what I should come prepared for for the interview process she just said come prepared to have fun... (not sure what that means)... but she says we've already been accepted on credentials they are just personality matching. Does anyone know what kind of questions they are going to ask?

Congratulations of receiving an invitation to interview there. Can you please tell me when did you submit your application? and when did you receive the invitation to the interview?

I also have a question about the personality matching thing, what did they mean by that exactly?

Best of luck!

This school is fantastic! Their interview day is quite impressive and they do a really great job of making you feel like they want YOU. The questions were very straight forward. It seemed to coincide perfectly with what you said. They really are just trying to get a feel for your personality and your thinking process. I think it has a lot to do with whether or not you will be happy enough at the school to stay there until graduation. I couldn't imagine anyone not being happy at Louisville, though! Best of luck to everyone interviewing!!

Hey! So Louisville is my first interview and it's coming up relatively soon, November 10. I've heard it's awesome, but I was just wondering if someone could provide some insight about the day. Some things like how the conversation goes, if there is anything out of the norm, etc. Also, if anyone knows much about the city, my birthday is the day before the interview so any suggestions as to what to do would also be appreciated :)

Are you IS or OOS?
I am OOS.
Hey! So Louisville is my first interview and it's coming up relatively soon, November 10. I've heard it's awesome, but I was just wondering if someone could provide some insight about the day. Some things like how the conversation goes, if there is anything out of the norm, etc. Also, if anyone knows much about the city, my birthday is the day before the interview so any suggestions as to what to do would also be appreciated :)
It was really just getting to know you. They didn't ask about classes, grades, or DAT or anything like that. Happy birthday!!!

I am OOS.

It was really just getting to know you. They didn't ask about classes, grades, or DAT or anything like that. Happy birthday!!!
Oh good, that's definitely a relief! Do you know if they have already viewed your application, or if it's one of the closed file kind? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super pumped for Louisville! Lol. And thank you!! :)

Got an interview invite today for 11/10! Very excited!

Congrats on your interview! Will you share your stats or when you received the application complete email from them?

Oh good, that's definitely a relief! Do you know if they have already viewed your application, or if it's one of the closed file kind? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super pumped for Louisville! Lol. And thank you!! :)
You have two interviews and they are closed file.

People are getting interviews and I'm just sitting here like

wait.gif

Reactions: 6 users