**** The Official Louisville Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my interview yesterday they normally have around 3100 applicants, they interview anywhere from 400-450, and accept 120. Just a little stats for those of you who didn't already know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
i got my "we received all of your stuff. just wait until we're done looking at it" e-mail about 2 weeks ago.
for those of you who got invited to interviews, what was the wait time from when you received that e-mail to when you received the interview e-mail?

thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 user
i got my "we received all of your stuff. just wait until we're done looking at it" e-mail about 2 weeks ago.
for those of you who got invited to interviews, what was the wait time from when you received that e-mail to when you received the interview e-mail?

thanks in advance :)

Like 2 months

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - anyone have any idea what my interview chances are at UoL?

I am OOS, have 1000+ hours of community service and work experience, and 300+ shadowing hours. I would appreciate any feedback :cat:

TS 20/ AA 20 / PAT 19/ BIO 22/ GC 20/ OC 18/ RC 24/ QR18
sGPA 3.26
oGPA 3.4

I received an interview confirmation for 10/26 a few days ago. I am an oos student that has had 3 interviews so far, but UofL is in my top 3.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if they are extending out more interviews? I last heard from them via the "App complete" email on 8/16.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Tennessee resident got an interview invite for November! App verified at the beginning of September.

According to my interview yesterday they normally have around 3100 applicants, they interview anywhere from 400-450, and accept 120. Just a little stats for those of you who didn't already know.
Don't schools usually accept a lot more than what their seats hold due to them knowing on average how many people will decline their acceptances? For example, if their seats hold 120 students they would accept 200 or some similar number?

Hey! Did your status ever change from receive/ complete? I got the app complete email like August 15.
My app started at received/waiting additional information and changed to received/under review a long time ago. Never went to received/complete.

Hey, anyone have an interview on Monday November 9th?

November 9th interview! I currently go to UK but UL is a school I have been dying to hear back from:)

Reactions: 1 users
When were y'all notified of your November 9 interviews?

OOS Tennessee resident got an interview invite for November! App verified at the beginning of September.

Don't schools usually accept a lot more than what their seats hold due to them knowing on average how many people will decline their acceptances? For example, if their seats hold 120 students they would accept 200 or some similar number?

My app started at received/waiting additional information and changed to received/under review a long time ago. Never went to received/complete.

To answer your question to me, school will send out 120 acceptances on December 1st. Those students then have a period of time to accept or deny the acceptance offer. So in theory of all 120 students accept that will be all they send out. But that never happens so let's say 30 students deny their offer. They then send out 30 more acceptances and so on and so forth until they get a full class of 120.

Both UK and Louisville only interview approximately 100 in state students. I would imagine that most of these students actually interview at both schools. Assuming that is correct, if you get an interview to both schools as an in-state student, you are all but guaranteed to get into one of them.

Would everyone agree with this? I'm just trying to get hyped for Dec.1 and not super anxious.

I agree with that statement. Of course I'm in the same boat as you so I'm trying to think of the best way to keep calm and stay positive haha

Does any body know what is out of state acceptance rate?

Does any body know what is out of state acceptance rate?
I cannot remember off the top of my head but it is very high. I think higher than 60%. Also some of the in state are given to students in their USTEP? I think that is what it is called. program where you apply as a senior in highschool and as long as you keep you GPA up you are guaranteed a spot .

I cannot remember off the top of my head but it is very high. I think higher than 60%. Also some of the in state are given to students in their USTEP? I think that is what it is called. program where you apply as a senior in highschool and as long as you keep you GPA up you are guaranteed a spot .
Great thanks

Both UK and Louisville only interview approximately 100 in state students. I would imagine that most of these students actually interview at both schools. Assuming that is correct, if you get an interview to both schools as an in-state student, you are all but guaranteed to get into one of them.

Would everyone agree with this? I'm just trying to get hyped for Dec.1 and not super anxious.

I interviewed at both UK and Louisville last year and didn't get in to either.
21AA, 3.55 oGPA

Also interviewed at UAB and MUSC last year.

Anyone know when Louisville stops sending out Pre-dec interviews? I'm 6th batch, got app-complete email on August 18.

Anyone know when Louisville stops sending out Pre-dec interviews? I'm 6th batch, got app-complete email on August 18.

I called to reschedule mine on the 16th this month for a different pre-December interview date since I had one at ASDOH already on the 17th with flights booked. I was able to rearrange flights to attend both, but the lady in their admissions office said they were booked until January unless some people decided to cancel theirs.

Last edited:
21AA, 3.55 oGPA

Were you an in-state student?

I had my interview this morning but tried to reschedule earlier this week due to having two exams. I still went this morning, but they had told me on the phone that the rest of the pre-december interview slots were full and that there are only post-december invites now.

Were you an in-state student?

Nevermind, I just looked back and saw that you were a KY resident. That is very unfortunate that you didn't get in last year after interviewing at both but based on the statistics posted by Doc Toothache, I still argue that your situation was very rare. Especially with your stats.

21AA, 3.55 oGPA

Do you know why you didn't get in?

Nevermind, I just looked back and saw that you were a KY resident. That is very unfortunate that you didn't get in last year after interviewing at both but based on the statistics posted by Doc Toothache, I still argue that your situation was very rare. Especially with your stats.
Do you know why you didn't get in?

I spoke to each school after getting rejected and there were a few things each school mentioned held me back. I really wasn't prepared; I had I think only 36 shadowing hours for my first application, my volunteering was really weak at around 70 hours. My first UK interview didn't go great and I was really nervous but from other schools I was told

"Your interview could have been much better – not bad, but not solid/strong"
and
"Both Dr. ****** and Dr. ******* had good things to say about you. You had limited shadowing and volunteering at the time of your interview. Your passion to be a dentist wasn’t as apparent as other candidates who interviewed with us this past year."

I think my lack of exposure directly reflected in the interview which kept me out.

It's been a good talking point this year at interviews though because it really made me step back and realize how competitive getting in is and I've been able to work on each aspect of my application as a result - shadowing now nearly 500 hours, a research publication and two presentations, increased volunteer work and I'm taking post-bacc classes while doing a new research project.

Reactions: 4 users
I spoke to each school after getting rejected and there were a few things each school mentioned held me back. I really wasn't prepared; I had I think only 36 shadowing hours for my first application, my volunteering was really weak at around 70 hours. My first UK interview didn't go great and I was really nervous but from other schools I was told

"Your interview could have been much better – not bad, but not solid/strong"
and
"Both Dr. ****** and Dr. ******* had good things to say about you. You had limited shadowing and volunteering at the time of your interview. Your passion to be a dentist wasn’t as apparent as other candidates who interviewed with us this past year."

I think my lack of exposure directly reflected in the interview which kept me out.

It's been a good talking point this year at interviews though because it really made me step back and realize how competitive getting in is and I've been able to work on each aspect of my application as a result - shadowing now nearly 500 hours, a research publication and two presentations, increased volunteer work and I'm taking post-bacc classes while doing a new research project.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and being open! I wish you the best of luck this cycle

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to pose this same question in the Kentucky thread but I've been thinking about this for some time. If offered admission to both UofL and Kentucky, which would you attend?

Any AADSAS status changes out there? Doesn't matter much at this point, especially considering December 1st is so close as well as the fact that no one knows the true correlation between status change and acceptance, but I was still curious.

Thank you so much for interviewing at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry!

We will be sending emails to ALL who interviewed regardless of the decision on Tuesday, December 1 about 6:15 a.m. Due to the heavy volume of traffic on the servers, yours may arrive slightly after that. If you have not received notification by 7:30 a.m., please feel free to contact us at 502-852-5081.

Remember, there’s LOVE in LOuisVillE!

Dianne Foster, Asst. Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs

open

Did everyone else get this email too? Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.