**** The Official Louisville Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called the other day, and they said no more interviews will be handed out. Monday the committee will be making more decisions based on the students who have accepted or declined enrollment. The person i spoke with did mention they currently have a good amount of people on the waitlist but didnt tell me how many.

Members don't see this ad.

I had 17 in reading too and Im a D1 so I don't think that will determine your acceptance ...
Well thanks for the info but i did not hear from them at all. Not even an interview. I have a 3.55 gpa and dat of 20 and 21. Over 2000 hrs of shadowing and multiple extraciricular activities. Soo i don't know what is the problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife and I just received our acceptances this afternoon. WOOT WOOT! Did anyone else receive an offer?

Reactions: 1 user
To whomsoever rescinded their admission in favor of Carolina this past week, I appreciate it. Also a Carolina student and got the acceptance call today. Thanks!! Student doctor network, giving yopros hope since 19--!

Have any in-staters declined their acceptances or waitlist spots? Thanks!

Accepted OOS.
19AA 19TS 15QR
3.92GPA science and overall

Reactions: 6 users
To whomsoever rescinded their admission in favor of Carolina this past week, I appreciate it. Also a Carolina student and got the acceptance call today. Thanks!! Student doctor network, giving yopros hope since 19--!
I'm glad!

Rejection, no interview:
TX Resident, 3.71 overall, 3.63 science (post academic update), 21 DAT. Oh well.

You have good stats snd you got rejected. I guess mine rejection letter should be coming anytime then.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have good stats snd you got rejected. I guess mine rejection letter should be coming anytime then.
Be positive.
I have a 19AA 19TS 17PAT and 15QR
I got accepted, OOS.

Rejected without interview as well. 3.5 gpa, 25aa

Are they still interviewing? I still haven't heard anything.

Sent from my XT1585 using SDN mobile app

Did you interview? Because I also have a lower DAT than him/her and I received an acceptance. Dont lose hope just yet!

Louisville seems to accept people with lower dat and gpa and rejects people with higher stats.

Louisville seems to accept people with lower dat and gpa and rejects people with higher stats.

Hmm.... 3.65 gpa 20 AA/20TS/ 21 RC /19 PAT
I would hardly say they accept lower DAT/GPA when I'm well within the averages for more schools.

My assumption was Based on people who posted their stats and status.
Well its never good to assume, because you make an ASS out of U and Me. Quite frankly its not just a numbers game, everyone assumes that because you have X and Y you'll get multiple acceptances. The whole process is one big SCIENCE. University of Louisville seems to be looking for a specific type of student for their class. Based on my interview at the ULSD, everyone seems to be friendly and welcoming. I believe that is one of the ways the university sets itself from the other schools. Don't feel bad if you don't hear back from them, it just appears that you didn't fit their "mold"

My assumption was Based on people who posted their stats and status.
I actually didnt post my status here just like many others that only posted on the actual acceptance/rejection thread. Not to mention all other aplicants that do not have SDN. If you averaged all of ULSD students' scores/ gpa and compared it with the rest of the dental schools in the country then it would be a fact. Aside from that its just a bitter statement. Nevertheless, good luck with your application.

I actually didnt post my status here just like many others that only posted on the actual acceptance/rejection thread. Not to mention all other aplicants that do not have SDN. If you averaged all of ULSD students' scores/ gpa and compared it with the rest of the dental schools in the country then it would be a fact. Aside from that its just a bitter statement. Nevertheless, good luck with your application.
I understand where you guys come from but my stats are way above average and I did not even recieve an interview. They did not even get to know me. If they did invite me for an interview and then said you are not accepted I would of been fine because yea you guys are right maybe i don't fit in the mood. No interview seems a little bit strange because my numbers are wayyy above average. I was not trying to disrespect anyone here. I just don't know what they are looking for.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand where you guys come from but my stats are way above average and I did not even recieve an interview. They did not even get to know me. If they did invite me for an interview and then said you are not accepted I would of been fine because yea you guys are right maybe i don't fit in the mood. No interview seems a little bit strange because my numbers are wayyy above average. I was not trying to disrespect anyone here. I just don't know what they are looking for.
If at first you don't succeed... Try and try again... You seem like you really want to go to U of L. Best wishes!

That's awesome! Looks like we are going to be class mates XD, looking forward to meeting you in person :p

I'll holler your name out on the first day, lol. Was hoping to move in May to catch my first Derby but the place I'm interested in doesn't open up spots until the end of May/early June :smack:

Someone asked about stats. I had a 3.5 from Carolina and a 22 on DAT. Louisville is "big time" on those who seem to want to earnestly take care of people, so I guess that's why I got in. In future interviews stress that. My mother had a bout with cancer and I spent some of what would have been undergrad with her. Seeing a lot of really high GPAs on here, nice job! And how about that DAT. Glad that's over! Guess adcoms don't particularly care about the 8th amendment!

Reactions: 1 users
Removed quote because OP asked me too.

Last edited:
looking for room mate. preferably female to share a 3 beds 1.5 bathroom house. 12 mins drive from campus. 3 renters cost 300 per months 2 renters cost 375 without utilities.

Got the call this morning! Looks like I'm moving to Kentucky.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, you might find this question a little strange.. but I appreciate any feedback. Was there anyone OOS that interviewed and not get accepted? (remained in wait list)

Status
Not open for further replies.