**** The Official LSU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

THS

Articulating Disc Jockey
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Taylor, a D1 (starting in July) at LSU. As July nears, you should soon be getting your secondary applications and early interview invitations.

Please post any updates on your application status, any interview invites, and of course any questions. There are quite a few fellow D1s and also D2s that frequent this forum that are willing to answer any questions you may have regarding the process, the interview experience, and the anxiety/excitement that goes along with it all. Please don't hesitate to ask!

This will be the most stressful 6 months of your college career, but don't fret, it is a necessary experience! You all have an upper hand by belonging to this forum, which is a great resource for you.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you very much! Do you know the accepted/interviewed ratio of LSU?

Thank you very much! Do you know the accepted/interviewed ratio of LSU?
From what I remember, 700+ apply, and many of those are immediately rejected due to incomplete applications.
About 130 are interviewed and 65 are accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember, 700+ apply, and many of those are immediately rejected due to incomplete applications.
About 130 are interviewed and 65 are accepted.

Many thanks, THS.

Looks like the first bunch of applications have been pulled and are being reviewed. I got the secondary app but the LSU pre-dental committee seems to still be reviewing students. I know mine hasn't been sent to AADSAS yet. Has any one else still not been reviewed by the committee?

Not sure if anyone already knows about the twitter account that LSUSD admissions has but if you're interested in following them checkout @LSUHSC_SD_Adm. They tend to update frequently on different aspects of the admission cycle. Good luck everyone!

Not sure if anyone already knows about the twitter account that LSUSD admissions has but if you're interested in following them checkout @LSUHSC_SD_Adm. They tend to update frequently on different aspects of the admission cycle. Good luck everyone!
Thanks!

My name is Taylor, a D1 (starting in July) at LSU. As July nears, you should soon be getting your secondary applications and early interview invitations.

Please post any updates on your application status, any interview invites, and of course any questions. There are quite a few fellow D1s and also D2s that frequent this forum that are willing to answer any questions you may have regarding the process, the interview experience, and the anxiety/excitement that goes along with it all. Please don't hesitate to ask!

This will be the most stressful 6 months of your college career, but don't fret, it is a necessary experience! You all have an upper hand by belonging to this forum, which is a great resource for you.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks, Taylor. I am wondering whether you have any idea about when interview invitations will be send out for in state applicants.

Thanks, Taylor. I am wondering whether you have any idea about when interview invitations will be send out for in state applicants.

I was notified mid August for an interview on September 13th, about 4 weeks notice. I think I was in the 2nd group of in-state applicants. OOS and re-applicants (I believe) interview earlier. Interviews last until October or November.

Does anybody know about how long the essay should be for the supplemental application? Also, a dumb question, it says a 2.5 x 2.5 picture of myself, yet the space to paste it to on the application is entirely too small. Am I being too particular or does it really matter that much? Thanks in advance!

Does anybody know about how long the essay should be for the supplemental application? Also, a dumb question, it says a 2.5 x 2.5 picture of myself, yet the space to paste it to on the application is entirely too small. Am I being too particular or does it really matter that much? Thanks in advance!

Congrats for you secondary application! Are you OOS?

I am in state, and did not write that assay.

As to the picture, I just put a 2X2 picture on my application. On the checklist form, I remember they ask for a passport size photo, so I think 2.5 might be a typo. In addition, it is already difficult to find enough space for my 2x2 picture. Therefore, I think 2x2 should be fine.

good luck for your application.

Is an early secondary application email a good sign?

June 24th they sent it

Thanks! Yes I am from Arkansas. Just trying to finish this thing up and get the ball rolling!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats for you secondary application! Are you OOS?

I am in state, and did not write that assay.

As to the picture, I just put a 2X2 picture on my application. On the checklist form, I remember they ask for a passport size photo, so I think 2.5 might be a typo. In addition, it is already difficult to find enough space for my 2x2 picture. Therefore, I think 2x2 should be fine.

good luck for your application.
^

THS, any idea when the first interview invites go out? I suppose I will be sooner than in-states if I get one. I saw on a UTennessee forum where some dental student knew the exact dates when the invites would be sent because they were on the school calendar. I'm just too impatient for this...

THS, any idea when the first interview invites go out? I suppose I will be sooner than in-states if I get one. I saw on a UTennessee forum where some dental student knew the exact dates when the invites would be sent because they were on the school calendar. I'm just too impatient for this...

OOS interviews are in August and early September. You should get an invite about 4 weeks before the interview, so probably in mid-late July, up to early August.

OOS interviews are in August and early September. You should get an invite about 4 weeks before the interview, so probably in mid-late July, up to early August.
Yeah, the Twitter account said the first interview invitations go out "soon" the other day. I guess that was Wednesday morning. We'll see!

Yeah, the Twitter account said the first interview invitations go out "soon" the other day. I guess that was Wednesday morning. We'll see!
Yeah! I saw that twitter too, and became very sensitive to every email I get. I hate junk email!:)

Just received an interview invitation for August 15 and I'm super stoked! Hope to see some of y'all then!

Are you IS or OOS? Do you mind sharing your stats?
Yeah no problem, I'm OOS (Arkansas). Submitted on June 9th.
DAT: 24 PAT/20 QR/23 Reading/ 20 Total Science/21 AA
GPA: 3.64 Science GPA: 3.56
Something a little strange but I'm actually a Mechanical Engineering student and I just graduated in May. First time applying but got a little late start.

Lol they sent me the application complete email 2x, once yesterday and once today

Just received an interview invitation for August 15 and I'm super stoked! Hope to see some of y'all then!
Congrats! I am still waiting for the email for interview.

Any first time IS applicant got interview invitation?

Yeah no problem, I'm OOS (Arkansas). Submitted on June 9th.
DAT: 24 PAT/20 QR/23 Reading/ 20 Total Science/21 AA
GPA: 3.64 Science GPA: 3.56
Something a little strange but I'm actually a Mechanical Engineering student and I just graduated in May. First time applying but got a little late start.

Oh, ME student. Hopefully, we both will be accepted and you can fix my car in the future. :)

I just got invited for an interview on August 22! I am in-state

Ill be down there for an interview the 15th, which happens to be the weekend of my birthday! Anybody interviewing or know some dental students there wanna go out Friday night with us?

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a supplemental application after fees have been paid?

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a supplemental application after fees have been paid?
I think it could be case by case. I got email for supplemental 14 business days after sending application fee.

I got mine before I even finish submitting my application, I think dental school admissions is turning into college football style recruiting!

Haha Im messin, but my mailing date was 6/20/14 and recieved supplemental july 15. However, my committee rec letter was mailed out one week later, 6/27/14.

I have an interview this Friday, August 7th. I am a re-applicant that was waitlisted last year. Anybody else in there with me?

I have an interview this Friday, August 7th. I am a re-applicant that was waitlisted last year. Anybody else in there with me?

I hope you don't have an interview on the 7th and go on Friday.

Is there any chance to get into this program with the following DAT scores? Their website says no score lower than 18, which makes me wonder if I should even pay the hefty supplemental application fee.

18 PA, 18 QR, 20 RC, 17 BIO, 20 GC, 20 OC, 19 TS, 19 AA

If you are in-state you have a chance of getting in if OOS don't bother.

I was waitlisted in the 2012 app cycle but waited a couple years to reapply due to unfortunate, devastating family circumstances I had to take care of. Are you from Arkansas or Louisiana?

From Ark, interviewing August 29. Anyone else going then? Also what style of interview does LSU use? Blind? Partial blind? Or normal?

I'm an OOS applicant that interviewed already. This was the most fun interview I've experienced!

Good to know. how about the interview? No one-on-one interview this year?
There is still a 3 on 1 interview but there's also a team building project which was fun in my opinion.

I'm an out of state . I have 3.4 GPA and 19 AA 20 PAT (25 RC). 600+ shadowing and assisting, NCAA d1 swimmer.

Just submitted Monday. What's it look like?

Last edited:
Hey yall, Regina here. Super excited for my interview August 15th - see some of you guys there!! :)

ill be there! Flight leaves in a few hours, where u from regina?

I tried calling to confirm but got no answer...we are allowed to bring our spouse with us to the interview correct?