**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

In-state, 3.35 gpa and 19 on DAT. Really do think the interview process played a huge part.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys have strong EC?
I have a 3.5/23 and I really clicked with my interviewers (subjectively though). my biggest weakness would probably be my EC (but they aren't that bad either...)
Really hope I get off the alternate list @_@

Members don't see this ad :)
I am working on getting a Facebook page up...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if any In state students got rejected on December 1 st. And i wonder how many will decline their spot and go somewhere else. :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else who received the "hold" email contacted Marquette? I contacted admissions and they just said that my application is still being considered for a possible interview in January or February. I can't tell if this is good news or if it's a pretty generic response? Any thoughts?

I really hope I get an acceptance next year.... Do you guys know how fast does the wait list moves????

Still hoping for Marquette (Dr. Brian if you're reading this just send me an acceptance ;) )

Still hoping for Marquette (Dr. Brian if you're reading this just send me an acceptance ;) )
It concerns me that you just called him Dr. Brian

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call from Brian yesterday! My acceptance is in the mail! They are going to periodically pull from the wait list. Good luck to every one:)

Just got a call from Brian yesterday! My acceptance is in the mail! They are going to periodically pull from the wait list. Good luck to every one:)
Are you IS or OOS?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't wanna look up if he was one or not, best to assume the higher lol

You didn't want to look up how to properly address an admissions director? I really hope you present yourself in a more professional manner when you actually speak/email him

This is a forum... It was a joke, but I understand some people take things a little too seriously

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

It's a pretty big stretch to most schools, just gotta sell yourself as to why you'd be a great dentist. Anything is possible. I would retake the DAT to show you know your stuff (20 is good score) but with your GPA you need to have a stand out score

Does anyone know if Marquette has sent rejection letters out? I haven't received an interview invite, but I haven't received a rejection. I have received the "hold" email though. I'm just trying to figure out if everyone gets the "hold" email if they didn't get a pre-december interview. Any input would be appreciated!

Anyone received news? Last year students have heard back around this time :z

I spoke with admissions on Monday and was told that interview invites would be sent out this week. Has anyone heard anything??

I spoke with admissions on Monday and was told that interview invites would be sent out this week. Has anyone heard anything??

I got an invite on Monday, scheduled for the 26th.

really suprised they are doing more interviews, they said they wouldn't back in october

Still hoping to get off the waitlist for instate

Does anyone know when they will be sending out the next wave of acceptances?

Is there anyone out there that has been accepted this January? It's been silent for a while

Is there anyone out there that has been accepted this January? It's been silent for a while
I don't think they've offered anything since their initial December 1 round, but I would be interested to know if anyone has heard otherwise.

is Marquette still sending out interviews? have they begun denying applications? I havent heard anything since I received HOLD e-mail

is Marquette still sending out interviews? have they begun denying applications? I havent heard anything since I received HOLD e-mail
I finally got a rejection email yesterday. Hadn't heard anything since the hold email.

For sure.

Alaska res.
Mail out ~9/6
cGPA 3.3
sGPA 3.0
AA 20
TS 18
PAT 19
No research, but heaps of shadow/work hours.

I got an interview invite Monday after getting the Hold email. Pretty excited!

I also received an interview invite this past Tuesday

Does anyone know how long does it take for getting an acceptance/rejection letter after the interview? Thanks~:)

Have anyone heard anything since the interview? They said that they will be sending out the 3rd wave of acceptances in the middle of February. It's already the 17th and it's slowly killing me :(

Have anyone heard anything since the interview? They said that they will be sending out the 3rd wave of acceptances in the middle of February. It's already the 17th and it's slowly killing me :(
When was your interview? In January?

Is this office even operating at all?

Reactions: 1 users
At this point I don't care if I get waitlisted or rejected, I just want to know. This is killing me...

Strike that, I want an acceptance... but still.

Just when I thought all hope had been lost.... I GOT ON THE ALTERNATE LIST!!!!
I know it's not an acceptance but it's step closer and I am extremely grateful at this opportunity :)
I am also OOS for anyone wondering!

Just got the alternate email as well but I will likely decline it, best of luck everyone!

Wow... That FAQ document... The chances are ****ing bleak

I wonder... Do they reject anyone they interview?

It's nice to see someone happy being in the alternate list. I, on the other hand, am devastated. Marquette is my number 1 choice, and I was praying for an acceptance.

I wonder... Do they reject anyone they interview?

I think they do reject a few people they deem not fit for the school after the interview, but since they said that there are generally at least 75 candidates in the alternate list, I'm sure the majority of the people interviewed got offered a spot on the list. Out of the 75 though, I think roughly half will decline their spot on the list so it does bring down the number a little bit.

O well, time to send in my check and pray some more.

Last edited: