*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

After reading all 10 pages here, I want to know:
1) The interview with the faculty and the D4...are they 2 on 1 or are they separate 1 on 1 interviews?

2) What's the breakdown of cost of attendance (I'm OOS), including educational and housing expenses?

Members don't see this ad.

After reading all 10 pages here, I want to know:
1) The interview with the faculty and the D4...are they 2 on 1 or are they separate 1 on 1 interviews?

2) What's the breakdown of cost of attendance (I'm OOS), including educational and housing expenses?

I can help a little...
1) one interview with a faculty and D4.
2) you will get the precise numbers at the interview.

I can help a little...
1) one interview with a faculty and D4.
2) you will get the precise numbers at the interview.
Thanks Luke. Interviewing on Tuesday. Do you have an estimate on COA? Doctoothache's source says 400k, but my estimate from the link below suggests 160k (excluding books, housing, cost of living)

How easy is it to get in-state status? Just need evidence of a year's worth of residency and utility bills right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone who has already had an interview with UMD mind sharing some insight? Super nervous for mine!

Does anyone know what the passport sized photo that we have to send in with the deposit is used for (student ID, etc)?

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out?

Thanks Luke. Interviewing on Tuesday. Do you have an estimate on COA? Doctoothache's source says 400k, but my estimate from the link below suggests 160k (excluding books, housing, cost of living)

How easy is it to get in-state status? Just need evidence of a year's worth of residency and utility bills right?
Maryland is fairly easy to get the residency within 1-2 years most of students pay in-state starting third year. Most of student graduate from their program only get $200-250k debts. So i would not go above 80k per year since you will be a resident of maryland within 1-2 years.

Hi everyone.

Just received an interview and was wondering if some current students can clear a few things up:

1) What is the total yearly loan borrowing considering no aid from family or scholarships. What debt are you expecting to have after completion of the program?
2) How hard is it to gain residence and do most students get it?
3) Is the program more clinically or academically focused? Can someone comment on the academic preparation for the CBSE? Are courses taken with the medical students?
4) Please provide an overall sense of the program and living in Baltimore.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive a scholarship offer w/ their acceptance, or does Maryland only offer $ after the FAFSA has been submitted?

Did anyone receive a scholarship offer w/ their acceptance, or does Maryland only offer $ after the FAFSA has been submitted?
I received a scholarship with my acceptance letter

Members don't see this ad :)
I started this thread, but I will not be attending. One spot is opening for you all who are waiting to get into this great school!
where did u end up deciding on? and why not maryland?

Did they mention what the scholarship was based on (academics, DAT, etc)?
Not really... I think they just said cause my great achievements something like that
I just got it with my acceptance letter.

Hey! I'm between Stony Brook and Maryland right now...can anyone please help shed some light that could sway me? haha I am just completely split and need some help if possible :)

where did u end up deciding on? and why not maryland?

NYU because it was closer. But if I get into my state school (Rutgers) which I am interviewing at tomorrow then I will go there.

Got an invite via phone this morning for the 20th of Jan. :)

Reactions: 4 users
I have already accepted an offer, but I interviewed in early November and still haven't heard anything. Is it normal for Maryland to do that? I'm just curious.

I have already accepted an offer, but I interviewed in early November and still haven't heard anything. Is it normal for Maryland to do that? I'm just curious.
Hmm that's odd. Try calling the school and asking them what's taking a long time

Application status just changed to Under review this morning. It was Application complete since September when I submitted the supplemental, maybe an interview is coming?

Got an acceptance email today!! :love: Interviewed the 6th.

Reactions: 5 users
accepted... taking the offer

Reactions: 7 users
Interview #2
University of Maryland
Notification date: 1/14/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Canada (Ontario)
AADSAS mail-out date: 11/23/15
Application complete date: 11/27/15
sGPA: 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/24/22/none

Any interview tips? This will be my first one, kinda nervous. Just tell me they're chill..

Reactions: 1 users
Any interview tips? This will be my first one, kinda nervous. Just tell me they're chill..

Basically use the interview feedback page and you're good. It's one interview, about 30 min, with a faculty member and a dental student. Everyone was nice and easy-going!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interviewed, what time is the day over?

Got an invite via phone this morning for the 20th of Jan. :)
Too bad it wasn't on Feb 2nd, we could have been interview buddies! I mean, we're already coffee mates :rolleyes:

I'm happy to report that I received my acceptance email on Friday like many others. Being that Maryland is one of my top choices, it will likely be my destination come August. I was really taken in by location, the tech/facilities and the even the price when compared to other schools that I applied to. The one drawback is that I'm likely going to need a parking pass to keep my car in one of the garages in the city. I feel like the parking in Baltimore is even more strict than NYC. I still have an interview with Nova, and since I've already purchased my plane ticket I should still attend.

Reactions: 4 users
For those OOS pre-December interviewees that did not receive an acceptance on Dec 1st, have you heard anything?

For those OOS pre-December interviewees that did not receive an acceptance on Dec 1st, have you heard anything?

I interviewed Tuesday November 17th. I still have not heard anything. I'm from California.

From all my stalking on this forum, I'm thinking if it is going to happen it's going to happen this Friday....... Or it's not going to happen at all.

I gave up on them and accepted another offer. You snooze you lose.

They interview tomorrow. I think its every 2 weeks they are interviewing people

I interviewed Tuesday November 17th. I still have not heard anything. I'm from California.

From all my stalking on this forum, I'm thinking if it is going to happen it's going to happen this Friday....... Or it's not going to happen at all.

I am prepared to hear back from them in March when they exhaust all of the OOS applicants, but I'm hoping for something earlier.

I received an acceptance with a scholarship on Friday 1/15, I interviewed on 11/17. Hang in there, the only thing I can suggest is to be persistant and make sure you stay in contact with them.

I received an acceptance with a scholarship on Friday 1/15, I interviewed on 11/17. Hang in there, the only thing I can suggest is to be persistant and make sure you stay in contact with them.

This makes me nervous. I have been in contact with them, and they have been good with responding to my updates.

How much scholarship? And are you going there?!

Just for the record for future kids who will look through this post to find answers for next years cycle--- Supplementary does not equal interview... FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Just for the record for future kids who will look through this post to find answers for next years cycle--- Supplementary does not equal interview... FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But if you never got a supplementary=no interview

:(