*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

But if you never got a supplementary=no interview

:(
Not necessarily, so there's people who got called for an interview and had to fill in the supplementary attached. So I am not sure man... It all depends on your luck. Keep fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview today! I was really impressed with the facilities and the school overall.

(for those with interviews coming up) I was a little turned off at the interview because of how feverishly they were taking notes on their computer. I guess I expected to be engaged in conversation and it ended up feeling like one of those situations where you're trying to talk to someone while they're looking at their phone. Although I do have to say they were really nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance with a scholarship on Friday 1/15, I interviewed on 11/17. Hang in there, the only thing I can suggest is to be persistant and make sure you stay in contact with them.

Awesome! Congrats. How much was your scholarship?

I'm still waiting for Maryland's decision to update on my ADEA AADSAS account. It still reads "invited for interview". Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Last edited:
For those OOS pre-December interviewees that did not receive an acceptance on Dec 1st, have you heard anything?

I checked school's website and it said the school closed early today. I'm thinking we are going to have to wait until next week to hear any news from admissions.

I checked school's website and it said the school closed early today. I'm thinking we are going to have to wait until next week to hear any news from admissions.

Since they sent a wave last Friday, I would think next Friday is a good time to hear from them.

I forgot to mention, in regards to the blizzard.

Hey guys, I was wondering since many of you are going to be attending Maryland, what options a Canadian international student like myself has for financial aid and scholarships? This school is my top choice and I really don't want to miss out because my parents can't cosign enough for all 4 years (they will likely only be able to cover 2-3 years). Note that with the exchange rate I'll be looking at a loan that is approx. $562,000 CAD

Hello, I am interviewing tomorrow. The school is closed today due to weather. Do you guys know if the interviews are on this week? I have 6 hrs. drive....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am interviewing tomorrow. The school is closed today due to weather. Do you guys know if the interviews are on this week? I have 6 hrs. drive....
I was told they will make an announcement soon about Tuesday. Yesterday it was around noon

Hey guys, I was wondering since many of you are going to be attending Maryland, what options a Canadian international student like myself has for financial aid and scholarships? This school is my top choice and I really don't want to miss out because my parents can't cosign enough for all 4 years (they will likely only be able to cover 2-3 years). Note that with the exchange rate I'll be looking at a loan that is approx. $562,000 CAD

Hi! I am an international student.
So, Maryland has limited funding for us since it is a public school which relays on us government fundings. Finding us cosigner might be a better option for 1-2 years of your education after your parents's helps get used.
Good luck! Hope to see you this year as a class of 2020.

I'm almost positive in the invitation email they said to call before coming in to make sure if there does happen to be bad weather. I would definitely call if I were you.

I'm almost positive in the invitation email they said to call before coming in to make sure if there does happen to be bad weather. I would definitely call if I were you.
I have called many times but no response... I guess, I am going.............

Still no announcement yet but a lot of places in Baltimore are still closed. Not sure what to do in your situation lol.

Hey Guys, for those of you that are attending students what and where would you recommend when starting to look for housing? I'm international hence the question.

soooo when do people look for housing/roomates in Baltimore
If you are curious about on campus housing options you can do that now. For off campus it's usually closer to the summer or in the summer. Post into the Facebook group that you are looking for a roommate etc. or wait for a post by upperclassmen. There are a ton come June-July

If you are curious about on campus housing options you can do that now. For off campus it's usually closer to the summer or in the summer. Post into the Facebook group that you are looking for a roommate etc. or wait for a post by upperclassmen. There are a ton come June-July

Where are good places (apartment complexes, streets, etc) that students usually move into? Also, have any advice for someone who is bringing their dog along?

Where are good places (apartment complexes, streets, etc) that students usually move into? Also, have any advice for someone who is bringing their dog along?

fed hill or canton. maybe a townhouse? those high rises they advise in the packet aren't pet friendly!

also depends on what you're willing to spend

fed hill or canton. maybe a townhouse? those high rises they advise in the packet aren't pet friendly!

It looks like student housing in Fayette Square is pet friendly, may try there!

So I'm just curious why those OOS chose MD over instate?

For me there are a couple reasons. The most important one is simple. I have not been fully accepted to my state schools. I'm from the state of NY. I applied to 3 of the 4 schools (not including Toro), and received interviews from 2. I have been waitlisted at Buffalo and I'm still waiting to hear a decision from NYU follwing my interview, and Columbia is still "pending" from what I can gather.

Maryland was always a top choice for me however. I've always heard positive feedback about their program. The school has a lot to offer with all of their new facilities and tech which, IMO is nicer than both Buffalo and NYU. For the record both Buffalo and NYU's facilities are well beyond adequate in their own right. I live in NYC which is a lot closer to Baltimore in comparison to Buffalo in both location and overall feel. Compared to NYU there is a major difference in the tuition cost. Even as a OOS student attending Maryland, you'll still save money as opposed to an IS NYU student.

Similar to @Justdontblink I am from NY and am having a TOUGH time deciding between Stony Brook and Maryland. I think I am just in fan of the recorded lectures, bigger class size, and city location of UMB. I am leaning towards Maryland but I still feel like Stony's small program is a hard offer to pass up. So I'm on the fence. If others can help, I'm stuck haha

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next deposits are due? That should be an indication of when we can expect another wave of acceptances.

Does anyone know when the next deposits are due? That should be an indication of when we can expect another wave of acceptances.

February 15th.

Show me some love Maryland!!

Anyone who plans on living moderately done any estimated total tuition calculations?

I just got my acceptance today!! Quick question about the scholarship offer, do you guys know how much it is normally? I'm out of state, and I was surprised how little it was.

Also, does anyone know if UMD offers anything in addition to this merit based one...need based ones at all? I'm assuming we'd hear about those much later on...
Wow congrats! I'm not sure about the scholarships but if you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? I'm waiting to hear back from Maryland still!

Wow congrats! I'm not sure about the scholarships but if you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? I'm waiting to hear back from Maryland still!
T

Last edited:
Thank you! I interviewed less than two weeks ago. One of the student interviewers said he got his 2 week after his interview last year as well.

Could you post your app info such as mail out date and dat scores, if you don't mind? Also how did they contact you today (email, phone, mail)?

I got my acceptance a week after the interview

has anyone been able to use the online account portal to see financial awards? im having trouble navigating it...

Any recommendations on where to stay? Driving in this Monday for a Tuesday interview. Very excited!

Has anyone who is IS received scholarship offers?

Anyone (IS or OOS) willing to share a range of how much their offer is for?

I'm instate, i did not receive any scholarship.

Yeah, I'm also wondering if any In Staters got scholarships, or if they get it later.