*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I just sent in my second deposit through the SURF portal earlier this week. I was kind of expecting to receive an email from admissions saying that all necessary materials had been received, but I have not gotten anything. Has anyone received any sort of confirmation when all there materials were delivered for enrollment? I'll give admissions a call later as I don't want to be missing anything when the deadline hits, but I am still curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@Justdont I had sent in my second deposit about a month ago and was wondering why I had not received a receipt of online payment like the first deposit so I called the admissions office and they told me that they do not know for sure who has paid their second deposit until April 1st. If you want a confirmation before then, she asked me to email [email protected] or fax a copy of the confirmation page to the admissions office in order to get a confirmation.

Last edited:
@Justdont I had sent in my second deposit about a month ago and was wondering why I had not received a receipt of online payment like the first deposit so I called the admissions office and they told me that they do not know for sure who has paid their second deposit until April 1st. If you want a confirmation before then, she asked me to email [email protected] or fax a copy of the confirmation page to the admissions office in order to get a confirmation.

Thanks for the response! I was wondering why I received an email saying that the transaction was made, but not an actual receipt. Your explanation cleared that up. I'll send them an email in a few with the automated SURFs email attached. Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or any other kind of group for accepted students? Also, do you guys know when we get more information on things that are required before admission??

I addressed this question earlier in the thread....
But you can search the facebook group: university of maryland school of dentistry class of 2020

You will recieve your information packet in may or june

Daaaaamn Daniel
I'm just speculating. There's so many people who haven't heard a peep since their interview. It's not likely that many of them will be given an offer at this point in the cycle. A few people, sure, but not most. I'm one of those people; I committed elsewhere but I still want to know if I got an offer or not out of curiosity.

Reactions: 2 users
how much is the 2nd deposit? $1000?
Yup. Both deposits are $1000 each.

After emailing admissions about my second deposit payment and they replied letting me know that they had in fact received the deposit and their next email should be coming in June regarding log in info to the website that will contain relevant information to fall matriculation.

Its all official now! I will be a dental student at the University of Maryland this fall! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

I guess that I should checkout that FB group now. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
FYI: I believe if you have paid your first deposit (or if you have received an offer, idk), you can sign up on SURFS using the ID number that came with your acceptance letter. There you can find how much you have paid through deposits, your CoA, student information, etc. Just thought I'd share a bit o' info :)

Good luck to every one of you, regardless of where you are in the process!

Members don't see this ad :)
The silence is deafening. I did not expect silence this late in March. I am keeping my fingers crossed for something by Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The silence is deafening. I did not expect silence this late in March. I am keeping my fingers crossed for something by Friday.

Totally agree with you. I'm trying really hard to be patient! When did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Still waiting on the edge of my seat since my December interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received their financial aid award yet, or know when we will receive it?

Rejection via snail mail=small letter?
I heard I recieved one today from my mom:(

Rejection!!!!!

This is my only rejection after an interview, interviewed on 11/17. CA resident. I received the rejection via snail mail in the form of a hand signed letter by Dean Porter this past Saturday 3/26. I thought that was very respectful- I'm just happy to get some news.

To those of you who were accepted, best of luck with your dental education. You all should be very proud of yourselves to attend such an amazing and historical school.

Last edited:
Rejection!!!!!

This is my only rejection after an interview, interviewed on 11/17. CA resident. I received the rejection via snail mail in the from of a hand signed letter by Dean Porter this past Saturday 3/26. I thought that was very respectful- I'm just happy to get some news.

To those of you who were accepted, best of luck with your dental education. You all should be very proud of yourselves to attend such an amazing and historical school.

If you don't mind me asking, did your portal update as well? Or just the letter?

So can they just reject me already?

anyone got off the waitlist yet? I am still waiting anxiously....

anyone got off the waitlist yet? I am still waiting anxiously....

off the waitlist?? did maryland make a waitlist already? I haven't heard anything since my interview in jan.

off the waitlist?? did maryland make a waitlist already? I haven't heard anything since my interview in jan.

yeah...they put me on the waitlist on 3/4, and they said they would start notifying ppl after April 1st.

yeah...they put me on the waitlist on 3/4, and they said they would start notifying ppl after April 1st.
I haven't heard anything since a December interview. Do you people think you have a higher chance if you were waitlisted, or if you haven't heard anything?

I haven't heard anything since a December interview. Do you people think you have a higher chance if you were waitlisted, or if you haven't heard anything?

From the waitlist invitation email I got, it said the class has already been filled.

From the waitlist invitation email I got, it said the class has already been filled.
May I ask when you got the email saying that the class is already filled? Thanks

I'm hoping if you haven't heard/ haven't gotten a rejection yet that it's a good sign! Let's hope for the best

That's funny because I called on March 25th and they said I haven't been rejected, waitlisted, or accepted yet. Why keep me in this position if the class is full?

That's funny because I called on March 25th and they said I haven't been rejected, waitlisted, or accepted yet. Why keep me in this position if the class is full?
There's people who have paid their first deposit and have not paid their second deposit. I would assume we will see some movement in the next couple weeks. I personally just sent my second deposit yesterday. The fact that you haven't received a rejection is a good sign! Stay optimistic =)

Reactions: 2 users

That's weird. May I asked if you received an interview invitation from Maryland or not? If you have, when?

That's weird. May I asked if you received an interview invitation from Maryland or not? If you have, when?
Yeah, I interviewed on Feb 2nd. Just wish an acceptance wasn't so unlikely at this point

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maryland I am coming to you =)