*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Sorry, I meant in terms of when the last class in a bio series was taken, or the end of the semester when each class was taken?

For example, I took bio 1 my freshman year, and then the 2nd and 3rd in the series my 4th year. So do I put the most recent? Or all three quarter dates?
Oh good point. I just put the date I finished each series. Hmm...

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone have trouble w/ the character limit on the essay question? I have used 995/1000 characters, yet when I press save it says, "Please limit your answer to the question..." Any ideas? Thanks!

Nevermind, got it...992 characters worked! ;) Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here first or second batch that didn't get the supplemental yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Can we still submit the video? I don't see where the submission is anymore

How long after Maryland sent an email saying they got your app did they send you a supplemental?

I got an email yesterday saying they received my app and got an email back from them today to fill out the supplemental.

How long after Maryland sent an email saying they got your app did they send you a supplemental?

I got an email yesterday saying they received my app and got an email back from them today to fill out the supplemental.
Like a day or two. Freaked me out because I think the first couple posts in this thread said it should only take like 2 hours lol

I submitted my supplemental application on 7/7/15. I still have not heard back from University of Maryland, also, in my sup app. there was no option for me to submit a video? is that same for every? Anyway, good luck everyone! I hope to get an interview invitation...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the "application processed" email on 8/6, but haven't received the supplemental. Interesting that you guys get the supp one day after getting that email.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: i called the admissions office today and they have moved into a secondary application part for most of applications but they have not moved into interview invites completely yet. So most of applicants have not received interview invitations or heard from UMD for invites yet.

Reactions: 4 users
IMPORTANT UPDATE: i called the admissions office today and they have moved into a secondary application part for most of applications but they have not moved into interview invites completely yet. So most of applicants have not received interview invitations or heard from UMD for invites yet.
Reaaaally hoping for the "if you filled out the supplemental you'll be invited" rumor to be true.

Most of cases. Yes, it is true.
:xf:Here's to hoping
I got the "application processed" email on 8/6, but haven't received the supplemental. Interesting that you guys get the supp one day after getting that email.
That's still pretty recent. And that was a Thursday. It could totally come today. They probably weren't working on things over the weekend

I don't think I ever received a "application processed" email, though I received confirmation of payment and on AADSAS my status is "received/under review" as of 6/19. Should I call to see if mine is being looked at or continue waiting?

I don't think I ever received a "application processed" email, though I received confirmation of payment and on AADSAS my status is "received/under review" as of 6/19. Should I call to see if mine is being looked at or continue waiting?
Check your spam folder? Pretty sure that one was automatic

Im OOS and havent received secondary. I have a 3.45 overall 3.6 science 4.0 bcp 23aa 24ts 24rc 21pat

My gpa wasnt verified until mid july so maybe it will come with the next batch if secondary invites

OMG. I am getting sooo anxious. It has been a month since I submitted my supplemental app to UMD but they have not contacted me back yet! I wish getting sup means I will get at least late interview

I'm out of state and my GPA was verified at the end of July and I got a supplemental like a few days after it was verified. Did you check your spam folder?

Yes I check it daily! They had an issue with me because I forgot to include biochemistry as a planned course on my aadsas coursework page and they sent an email asking about this. Maybe that put me behind. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Says my GPA wasn't calculated until 7/28 and then there issue with biochem. Maybe I'll hear soon.

OMG. I am getting sooo anxious. It has been a month since I submitted my supplemental app to UMD but they have not contacted me back yet! I wish getting sup means I will get at least late interview
Don't be anxious! You said they haven't even given interviews yet haha it'll all be ok :thumbup:

I haven't gotten a single interview yet. Verified 7/28 I applied to 18 schools to boot. I thought my stats were pretty solid

Does anyone know what percent of people interviewed get acceptances? :)

I haven't gotten a single interview yet. Verified 7/28 I applied to 18 schools to boot. I thought my stats were pretty solid
It's still pretty early. Many schools haven't given out interviews yet, and if you were verified 7/28 there are probably lots of people ahead of you. I'm in the same boat, so that's what I'm telling myself lol

It is early! Don't worry I applied and submitted sup apps in the first week of July. It is still early but I am just earlier and I am lucky to get at least one interview scheduled so far

OOS. I just got the link for the secondary today. So happy :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who submitted secondary early in July got invited to Interviews yet?!

Anyone who submitted secondary early in July got invited to Interviews yet?!

Nope not yet.. But my letters of rec still haven't gotten to the schools

I am going crazy cuz I did my secondary on 7/7/15. And no words! Haha...
I submitted my secondary on 8/1..am waiting too..
Does the school start to invite the interview??
It seems no one get the invitation yet...

Last edited:
I submit my secondary on 8/1..am waiting too..
Does the school start to invite the interview??
It seems no one get the invitation yet...

I know a professor who is an oral surgeon there and he said something like not inviting until September

I know a professor who is an oral surgeon there and he said something like not inviting until September
Then you don't need nervous until Sept..let's relax:)

So looking at last cycle's thread, it looks like interview invites started coming out around August 20th. I think in a week or two, people who've received and turned in the supplemental will start receiving them.

I don't think anybody's gotten an interview yet. If you follow the interview/acceptance thread that's probably the first place you will see interview from any school start to pop up.

Yeah professor I know from UMD told me that they are still processing supplementary apps. So I am still waiting since 7/7/15 lol

Does it take a while for Maryland to send a supplemental? I was verified 8/5 and I have a 3.5 and 23, I don't know why I haven't gotten one yet

Does it take a while for Maryland to send a supplemental? I was verified 8/5 and I have a 3.5 and 23, I don't know why I haven't gotten one yet
They sent mine in about 2 days. Probably depends on the person. Someone earlier in the thread got one in 2 hours lol. Probably takes longer as they get more applications

I have the same stats and submitted 7/28 and they still haven't sent me one either. Maybe they don't like us

Just got a supplement today! my app was mailed out July 31 (verified before that)

They are busy right now according to my friend who is the professor there. I got my supplemental in 6 days after I submitted my primary.

Not everyone recieves a supplemental. I haven't recieved one, and mine was mailed first batch.

I'm in the same boat but with a higher GPA :p

Honestly it's kind of a crapshoot in the end. I had the same DAT scores (TS was a little lower) and a 3.45 GPA and 3.3 sGPA but received supplemental same day my app was verified. Some people in the previous cycle with outstanding stats (GPAs above 4.0 and DAT scores well into the 20s) applied early but didn't get the supplemental until late 2014, and interviewed very soon after. It may take months for supplemental to arrive. It also depends on whether you're IS or OOS. Looking off the ADEA Guide to Admissions, seems like they only select a few hundred OOS applicants to interview out of approximately 2500 OOS applicants.

I'm in the same boat but with a higher GPA :p
I am an international student, and I had a 3.8sGPA, 3.7GPA and average DAT scores.
Actually I did not expect to get the supplemental but I got it..
I think there is not only GPA, DAT score issue... I have a unique academic background...
who knows the myth is true? supplemental= interview..
but...I hope the myth is true..:)