*The Official May 14, 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Faith07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I haven't seen an "official" thread for this test date so I decided to create one. I will be taking the exam on this date. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I haven't seen an "official" thread for this test date so I decided to create one. I will be taking the exam on this date. Good luck!

I haven't seen a May 14th either. How's studying going for everyone? How's everyone scoring on the practice tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't seen a May 14th either. How's studying going for everyone? How's everyone scoring on the practice tests?
I've been taking the Next Step Exams, the AAMC Q-Pack and Section Packs. I took the sample exam also. The max I've gotten is 502-503. Aiming for 510.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I've been taking the Next Step Exams, the AAMC Q-Pack and Section Packs. I took the sample exam also. The max I've gotten is 502-503. Aiming for 510.

It seems everyone's been using Next Step. Are they more representative of the actual MCAT?
I am using Kaplan and my average FL score is around a 497. I'm also practicing AAMC section banks and Q-packs and the exams. Aiming for a 510 as well.

After lurking in quite a few forums, I saw where a lot of people found the NS exams very useful and seemed to be representative of the real exam. I have started working on the Section bank that was released by AAMC. The ones who have been scoring well are recommending it. These questions are so difficult to me.

It seems everyone's been using Next Step. Are they more representative of the actual MCAT?
I am using Kaplan and my average FL score is around a 497. I'm also practicing AAMC section banks and Q-packs and the exams. Aiming for a 510 as well.
^^^

After lurking in quite a few forums, I saw where a lot of people found the NS exams very useful and seemed to be representative of the real exam. I have started working on the Section bank that was released by AAMC. The ones who have been scoring well are recommending it. These questions are so difficult to me.

I found section bank questions extremely difficult too!! I really hope the passage difficulty on the real one won't be like that.

I found section bank questions extremely difficult too!! I really hope the passage difficulty on the real one won't be like that.
Ugh! Same here. I will take the scored full length Saturday... Hopefully, it'll give me a better idea about where I actually stand. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)

I hate physics beyond what would be considered a natural human hatred for something. Other than that, it's aight.

Someone in another thread passed along a Google Spreadsheet that shows practice exam scores don't particularly correlate with actual exam scores, which I think alleviated some of my stress.

I hate physics beyond what would be considered a natural human hatred for something. Other than that, it's aight.

Someone in another thread passed along a Google Spreadsheet that shows practice exam scores don't particularly correlate with actual exam scores, which I think alleviated some of my stress.

Yeah I saw those too! I hope they are right!

That'd be awesome. Lol. I certainly need to do better.

don't know why this board is dead lol, but for everyone taking it tomorrow, good luck!! i hope some more of us will be posting our reactions on this tomorrow! :)

I didnt even know about May 14th MCAT! Well good luck to whoever is taking it tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks you guys! So stressed right now. Can't wait to get it over with!

Lol. This thread is dead. Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to be done with it and get my drank on.

My heart has been racing all day. I need to stop reviewing this material.

@Doctor_Faith07

Yep, and I'm stuck at work, too.

And I just got a call from the testing center saying that a ton of people are taking it tomorrow so I need to be there even earlier. Ugh.

well on the bright side, in about 24 hours, the test will be done! that is, if you live on the east coast haha

I actually created a May 14th thread, but it died on the same day lol. For some reason, I feel like not too many people are taking the exam tomorrow. Anyway, good luck to us all! I can't wait to reclaim my freedom once again :D

I actually created a May 14th thread, but it died on the same day lol. For some reason, I feel like not too many people are taking the exam tomorrow. Anyway, good luck to us all! I can't wait to reclaim my freedom once again :D
I'm so sorry! I wouldn't have recreated a thread! Good luck tomorrow also! So ready to be done!

I'm so sorry! I wouldn't have recreated a thread! Good luck tomorrow also! So ready to be done!

No need no apologize! Glad that I found this thread and saw that I'm not taking the exam alone tomorrow lol. Good luck to you as well! Have you taken the scored FL?

So should I assume that less people taking the exam today is better or worse (in terms of curve)? Are we getting our own exam or will they be administering a similar set of exams as another day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No need no apologize! Glad that I found this thread and saw that I'm not taking the exam alone tomorrow lol. Good luck to you as well! Have you taken the scored FL?
Haha! I know right! Yes, I took it last Friday. I hope I do better on CARS on the real exam. I was disgusted with my cars score.

So should I assume that less people taking the exam today is better or worse (in terms of curve)? Are we getting our own exam or will they be administering a similar set of exams as another day?

That's a good question. There may be more taking the exam than it appears. I think a lot of the examinees joined the May 20th forum. Lol!

I had been checking this thread from time to time since it opened and realized no one was using it, so I just joined the May 6 and 20th thread lol..... i doubt there's less people taking it tomorrow. I feel like May is just a popular testing month haha

I had been checking this thread from time to time since it opened and realized no one was using it, so I just joined the May 6 and 20th thread lol..... i doubt there's less people taking it tomorrow. I feel like May is just a popular testing month haha
Lol! Well it makes me feel good to know that I'm not alone!

Haha! I know right! Yes, I took it last Friday. I hope I do better on CARS on the real exam. I was disgusted with my cars score.

Same. I thought CARS on the sample test was a lot easier than the scored exam. Hopefully it goes well tomorrow for all of us!

Good luck tomorrow y'all. May the force be with you, odds ever in your favor, etc. etc. etc.!

Just finished, is it normal to feel absolutely horrible. I honestly considered voiding but just said yolo and scored it. I feel like i had to guess on like 25% of the questions in each section.

Reactions: 4 users
Just finished, is it normal to feel absolutely horrible. I honestly considered voiding but just said yolo and scored it. I feel like i had to guess on like 25% of the questions in each section.

I definitely didn't feel as confident as I did with the scored exam. I don't think I did *bad* but there were definitely a several questions that semesters of school and months of MCAT review didn't prepare me for.

And now, instead of a countdown to the MCAT, I have a countdown to scores. :nailbiting:

All done :) I'm walking to the BART right now but I'll post how I felt once I get to sit down

Edit:

Ok, that wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. C/P was the hardest but it's always been my weakest section. CARS was fairly straightforward, imo. The passages were actually really interesting to read, so that made it easier. B/B wasn't too hard, but there was a couple of tough passages tossed in there. P/S was pretty dang easy. I finished with an hour left so I went over my answers for a few minutes. I ended up finishing the MCAT in about 5 and a half hours. We'll see if that screws me over

I don't feel great about it all. I could easily have walked out with a 500 and not know it. It just wasn't nearly as convoluted as the section bank.

Last edited:
All done :) I'm walking to the BART right now but I'll post how I felt once I get to sit down

Edit:

Ok, that wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. C/P was the hardest but it's always been my weakest section. CARS was fairly straightforward, imo. The passages were actually really interesting to read, so that made it easier. B/B wasn't too hard, but there was a couple of tough passages tossed in there. P/S was pretty dang easy. I finished with an hour left so I went over my answers for a few minutes. I ended up finishing the MCAT in about 5 and a half hours. We'll see if that screws me over

Agree...I feel good about everything except C/P. Seemed really Physics heavy compared to practice exams I've taken. But if everyone thought it was difficult, then the curve should be generous.

After the C/P section I 100% was already considering voiding. Figured everyone probably thought it was hard though so said eff it.

P/C-It's ok, but a lot of calculation.
CARS-rushed through the last passage, but generally easier than the scored exam. ( the font was bigger so the passages looked longer but not actually)
B/B- so freaking easy! easiest bio passages I've ever encountered. Just some physio and gen bio here and there.
P/S- hard. A lot of sociology that I wasn't prepared for. I feel like 60% of the questions were from sociology. And there were a lot of reasoning from the text questions where you were asked to match the definition with a scenario. Those questions definitely killed me.

The section bank seemed to be the best prep for the hardest passages in the Biological Sciences section. CARS is my weakest section. Don't know how to feel about this section. Ran out of time and was not able to thoroughly read the last passage.