*The Official May 14, 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Faith07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I haven't seen an "official" thread for this test date so I decided to create one. I will be taking the exam on this date. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Then why does is take one month for the scores to be released?

I see it as a money making process. How many neurotic pre-meds leave the testing center feeling like crap and immediately sign up for the next available test? Even if they did well and are able to cancel that reservation, they still don't get all their money back. That's more $$$ for AAMC

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys we have to be careful about the content of our posts related to the actual mcat exam. We all signed the non disclosure agreement. Those people are reading this forum. Let's be "MORE" careful.

Same exam as you darling.
I marked like 30 damn questions on that C/P, I don't know it could've been my nerves. I was hoping for a 500+ since I scored 500 on the scored FL, but that is not going to happen. I was really going to void it, but I've already been accepted to a special masters program, so I scored it anyway. I took a leap of faith in believing that I would have a score similar to y scored FL, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyone else thinking about the questions they could've gotten wrong. I can't help but doing that all day even at work lol.

On the other hand, I also feel like I can hardly remember most of the test. It was all just one horrible dream.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else thinking about the questions they could've gotten wrong. I can't help but doing that all day even at work lol.

Heck yeah and I got two of the ones I remembered wrong! Smh. I just stopped thinking about the test questions after that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did you guys/gals fell like you guessed a lot as well in C/P? By a lot I mean around 10 questions where you just didn't know what the answer was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't you guys feel like you were guessing on practice tests too? Maybe I'm just really stupid and guess all the time. You guys seem like you didn't guess at all on full lengths!

Haha! That's the only reason I haven't chimed in on the complaining about anything other than P/S. I'm always guessing on everything else! Felt no different on Saturday!

Haha! That's the only reason I haven't chimed in on the complaining about anything other than P/S. I'm always guessing on everything else! Felt no different on Saturday!

Haha ok good I feel like the MCAT is designed to make you guess. Some of those questions/answers had no real substantive answer and you just had to give it your best shot, I feel

Reactions: 2 users
Im so glad to hear i wasnt the only one guessing. I legit guessed on 10-15 per section. I never really needed to do that on any practice test so im terrified right now.

Didn't you guys feel like you were guessing on practice tests too? Maybe I'm just really stupid and guess all the time. You guys seem like you didn't guess at all on full lengths!

By guessing I mean I could have closed my eyes and had the same chance of getting it right haha. Most of the other questions I was guessing with at least some knowledge.

Reactions: 3 users
By guessing I mean I could have closed my eyes and had the same chance of getting it right haha. Most of the other questions I was guessing with at least some knowledge.

Hahaha well that was me literally every practice test. I guess I don't have nearly as much knowledge as you guys do

Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully we'll all do much better than our expectations! One thing that I have learned from this whole MCAT experience though is that they should add MCAT induced PTSD to the DSM-IV. I did guess on a few questions in C/P of the scored FL exam, but I guessed a lot more on the actual thing, its like they were 2 completely different exams.

Does anyone else keep waking up in a panic in the middle of the night trying to solve test questions they might've missed? I think this test gave me PTSD. It's 4am and I need to be up in a few hours. I did this last night too. Ugh
YAAAAAASSS!! For the past few nights, I have not been able to sleep. I wake up each time with a new question that I have to look up. Some I got right, some I got wrongs, but it is really nerve-wracking.....

That pretty much sums up my experience. My B/B was much closer to the Section Bank than the Scored FL and I had only a handful of calculations on C/P that were mostly unit conversion type stuff. CARS and P/S were typical CARS and P/S.

And there were at least 2 versions of the test because I had nothing at all related to the Mediterranean. I did have a strong urge to play video games when I got home, though.
Ikr?

Have you guys heard about the conversion of DO schools to MD? Is there any truth to that?

I felt the chem/physics was easier than the bio/psych section. Had to guess a lot on the bio section. Some question were super easy and nice but other were killer :( idk how to feel about this test.
CARS passages were fun and interesting though!

Hey guys!
I'm completely new to this site, I've been studying in the shadows for the past couple months. But after the test on Saturday, I needed to see what other people thought of it.
I've been doing pretty well on FL practice exams, and I felt pretty prepared, but the Chem section was something I never expected. I was confused 50% of the time.
I thought cars was reasonable, I enjoyed reading the passages although it got harder at the end, but still doable.
B/B felt relatively easy to me, and I was surprised. There were a couple questions that were challenging but overall nothing too bad.
P/S is up in the air, I usually end with 15-20 mins to spare but only had 6 left this time. I felt the same way as the scored aamc FL and that was my best section yet, but I still think it could have went average.

Last edited:
Have you guys heard about the conversion of DO schools to MD? Is there any truth to that?

Never heard of that, but what I do know is that they want to merge the USMLE and the COMLEX into one exam. Seems like a dream so far though taking that exam lol

Hey everyone, I'm taking the MCAT this Friday but I've been lurking here to see what everyone's experiences were like taking the most recent MCAT (which I'm sure you all did FINE on btw—as already mentioned, it's normal to not feel great after taking it).

I just completed the section banks and averaged about 52% on B/B and C/P, but a 70% on P/S. I'm not exactly happy with my scores (especially for the former two); I feel like I did better in P/S because I was a Psych major in undergrad, but nonetheless, these section banks were like a wake-up call to me and I'm really worried. I noticed that the section banks had a bunch of advanced vocabulary along with a bunch of dense experiment-based passages—definitely NOT my forte. Like, the majority of them were experiments with WT, variant, etc., especially compared to the passages I've been doing on the Kaplan practice FL exams. Would anyone mind telling me if the actual MCAT was like the section bank in that the passages were challenging and experiment-based? I really hope it isn't as dense, and that they lighten up on the experiments.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm completely new to this site, I've been studying in the shadows for the past couple months. But after the test on Saturday, I needed to see what other people thought of it.
I've been doing pretty well on FL practice exams, and I felt pretty prepared, but the Chem section was something I never expected. I was confused 50% of the time.
I thought cars was reasonable, I enjoyed reading the passages although it got harder at the end, but still doable.
B/B felt relatively easy to me, and I was surprised. There were a couple questions that were challenging but overall nothing too bad.
P/S is up in the air, I usually end with 15-20 mins to spare but only had 6 left this time. I felt the same way as the scored aamc FL and that was my best section yet, but I still think it could have went average.
Welcome to SDN man! As you can see from the comments, C/P was something strange and kind of unexpected. For me personally I literally marked half the questions. I wanted to void it but I was like what the heck and scored it anyway. I wish it could've been like the section bank instead honestly.

Hey everyone, I'm taking the MCAT this Friday but I've been lurking here to see what everyone's experiences were like taking the most recent MCAT (which I'm sure you all did FINE on btw—as already mentioned, it's normal to not feel great after taking it).

I just completed the section banks and averaged about 52% on B/B and C/P, but a 70% on P/S. I'm not exactly happy with my scores (especially for the former two); I feel like I did better in P/S because I was a Psych major in undergrad, but nonetheless, these section banks were like a wake-up call to me and I'm really worried. I noticed that the section banks had a bunch of advanced vocabulary along with a bunch of dense experiment-based passages—definitely NOT my forte. Like, the majority of them were experiments with WT, variant, etc., especially compared to the passages I've been doing on the Kaplan practice FL exams. Would anyone mind telling me if the actual MCAT was like the section bank in that the passages were challenging and experiment-based? I really hope it isn't as dense, and that they lighten up on the experiments.

Thanks in advance!
Hey man, in the version of the exam that I took, B/B had around 7 passages like the section bank. You really never know how your exam is going to be like so just be prepared for anything.

B/B was the most similar to the section bank imo. As a word of advice, if you can navigate through the section bank and through data-based analysis, you should have no problem with any exam AAMC throws at you! I think the main issue is that our college preparation IS NOT ADEQUATE ENOUGH to prepare us for such an exam!!!!

With that said, the most helpful course that I took in college was Immunology, not because the material was necessary for the MCAT, but because we spent a great deal of time learning about cases of obscure diseases, signaling pathways that led to them, and presented research articles to the class from Nature, Cell, etc--- those are the kinds of skills you want to build up on before you take the exam. Sprinkle that with some background knowledge from an A&P class and you are in a great spot!

I've heard the residencies are merging, so DOs and MDs will theoretically be training together under the same physician. So basically......even less of a stigma towards DOs.

I've heard the residencies are merging, so DOs and MDs will theoretically be training together under the same physician. So basically......even less of a stigma towards DOs.

Lol there is no conversion. Yes, the residencies will eventually open up to both MDs and DOs, but they will open up both ways. (I.E. MDs can match into traditionally DO residencies, and DOs have the possibility of matching into MD residencies (this already occurs)) IMHO it can only benefit MD students, but this has been hashed out ad naseum elsewhere in these forums.. let's try to stay on topic.

I marked like 30 damn questions on that C/P, I don't know it could've been my nerves. I was hoping for a 500+ since I scored 500 on the scored FL, but that is not going to happen. I was really going to void it, but I've already been accepted to a special masters program, so I scored it anyway. I took a leap of faith in believing that I would have a score similar to y scored FL, so we'll see how that goes.

I also marked a lot of questions, and wasn't able to return to like half of them. C'est la vie! We can only hope for the best now.

Lol there is no conversion. Yes, the residencies will eventually open up to both MDs and DOs, but they will open up both ways. (I.E. MDs can match into traditionally DO residencies, and DOs have the possibility of matching into MD residencies (this already occurs)) IMHO it can only benefit MD students, but this has been hashed out ad naseum elsewhere in these forums.. let's try to stay on topic.

Thanks for your response. I'm the one to blame. I asked this question.

So how do you like medical school? :oops:
Best experience of your life?

Anyone else on here feel that time is just going by? I feel like I won't make it until the 14th of June. I can't stop thinking about the questions that I marked and those which I feel got wrong. This is going to be a long month :(

Anyone else on here feel that time is just going by? I feel like I won't make it until the 14th of June. I can't stop thinking about the questions that I marked and those which I feel got wrong. This is going to be a long month :(

Same! I don't know if I should enjoy this moment or despise it. There will be a life altering moment after 6/14. Could be good, could be bad.

I thought that the edginess would wane a little after a few days, but I'm still as tense as I was leaving the testing center.

Same! I don't know if I should enjoy this moment or despise it. There will be a life altering moment after 6/14. Could be good, could be bad.

That's what I was thinking this morning while I was wishing the time away. Maybe I will just stay content in my denial for a few more weeks instead.

I just really don't understand why it takes a whole month for the scores to be released. The exam is computerized and the curve is set before the exams are administered, why are they torturing us like this?????? Why couldn't this exam be like the DAT where you would walk in, take the exam, then walk out knowing your score? Seriously though, does anyone have any legitimate reason why it takes them this long to release the scores?

I just really don't understand why it takes a whole month for the scores to be released. The exam is computerized and the curve is set before the exams are administered, why are they torturing us like this?????? Why couldn't this exam be like the DAT where you would walk in, take the exam, then walk out knowing your score? Seriously though, does anyone have any legitimate reason why it takes them this long to release the scores?

Makes no sense. Pure torture!

It's all about them tubmans, baby. They're counting on neurotic pre meds signing up for another exam because they're sure they did terrible