The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Why is it annoying? )other than the stress question)

You have to re-enter all your ECs... And it says that copying and pasting from amcas will screw it up so I had to retype all the contact info and stuff. And it wants hours per week. What am I supposed to put for my study abroad, 168 hours per week??

Physician seems like the job for me/ so nobody, follow me/ cause we need a little, FBC/ this thread feels empty without me

Reactions: 1 users
You have to re-enter all your ECs... And it says that copying and pasting from amcas will screw it up so I had to retype all the contact info and stuff. And it wants hours per week. What am I supposed to put for my study abroad, 168 hours per week??
Ugh wtf uic

Members don't see this ad :)
thats cause I'm the real slim shady and your not
you're!!! sorry I had to

I know. Then they have a disadvantaged essay, but they accidentally said advantaged instead of disadvantaged. TWICE
oh I was wondering if that was a typo since it's twice in the same sentence haha. just leaving it blank to be on the safe side

Reactions: 1 user
thats cause I'm the real slim shady and your not

Yes, I'm the real basic bitch
imgres.jpg
Except I don't drink Starbucks. And Nutella is nasty. And I wouldn't be caught dead wearing yoga pants or Uggs. And I have an android. Never mind.

Haha wow airplane tickets are 1) so expensive holy cow and 2) inconveniently timed

I've always wondered why people write roman numeral 2 for interview invites. Now it makes sense. It's an acronym. I feel like I should have figured that out before now...
lol I always thought II=2=secondaries

Reactions: 1 users
Really regretting not pre-writing more

Right there with ya. It is my biggest regret for this while application thing. I was diligent in my MCAT studies, EC and everything else. But totally slacked off after I submitted my primary. And now I'm totally kicking myself in the butt. Only got 11/25 done so far...

Right there with ya. It is my biggest regret for this while application thing. I was diligent in my MCAT studies, EC and everything else. But totally slacked off after I submitted my primary. And now I'm totally kicking myself in the butt. Only got 11/25 done so far...
Same! I became lazy once the mcat and primary were done. I was pretty productive today though; I only have 3 left and hopefully will get another 1-2 done tomorrow if I am as productive as today.

@Lannister for the course requirements for UIC, you only enter in labs if the course included a lab?

also why is there only one entry for employment per year? what if we had more than 1 job.

Last edited:
Same. I'd freak if something got in the way of MCAT studies. Then secondaries come and I'm meehhhh.
I'm at 5/17 now (I only got 4 before two days ago, so I'm not too behind). But I only have one more essay for Duke (the challenge one), and I've finished most of Case, so the hard one's are getting out of the way.

I think it's because I'm not at school. I focus better when I have ten-thousand things to do.

Last edited:
I hate when SDN stops sending me notifications for this thread and I come back to this thread while on vacation with little to no internet connection and I have 200+ messages to catch up on :bored:

Reactions: 2 users
@Lannister for the course requirements for UIC, you only enter in labs if the course included a lab?

also why is there only one entry for employment per year? what if we had more than 1 job.

Yeah I didn't enter a lab for some of mine and it seemed to accept it. Also idk that's a good question...maybe in the description put both jobs and then put the total cumulative hours from both.

Ohmygosh I got my Colorado secondary today...my last secondary. I'll submit Illinois tonight, and Colorado tomorrow or Friday, and then I'll be DONE!

Reactions: 5 users
THERE. Finally got solid drafts for all the Duke essays. Idk why that challenge one was so difficult.

Ohmygosh I got my Colorado secondary today...my last secondary. I'll submit Illinois tonight, and Colorado tomorrow or Friday, and then I'll be DONE!
my goal is to be done by the end of this week as well!! so excited. also done with job for this summer. that means I will actually have free time? what

Same. I'd freak if something got in the way of MCAT studies. Then secondaries come and I'm meehhhh.
I'm at 5/17 now (I only got 4 before two days ago, so I'm not too behind). But I only have one more essay for Duke (the challenge one), and I've finished most of Case, so the hard one's are getting out of the way.

I think it's because I'm not at school. I focus better when I have ten-thousand things to do.

SAME! Oh man. Couldn't agree more with you. When in school I thrive. But now that the only things I have to do are work and secondaries I am just slacking.

Ugh, the only bad part about working on a farm is that sometimes I bring home unwanted guests.
bug.jpg

(Yes I used a Harry Potter wand to capture a bug)

Did you see that there is going to be a Harry Potter play opening in London in 2016?

Yes!! I wonder when it will come to Broadway... Honestly if it's only ever going to play on West End, I might use this as a reason to take a trip to the UK.