The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh, the only bad part about working on a farm is that sometimes I bring home unwanted guests.
bug.jpg

(Yes I used a Harry Potter wand to capture a bug)

Did you see that there is going to be a Harry Potter play opening in London in 2016?

Yes!! I wonder when it will come to Broadway... Honestly if it's only ever going to play on West End, I might use this as a reason to take a trip to the UK.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also I am lagging behind with uic bc I still don't have something for the stress essay...wuld something like 10 years old be ok...

Also I am lagging behind with uic bc I still don't have something for the stress essay...wuld something like 10 years old be ok...

Eh why not. I talked about having to go to the hospital alone in Argentina. But I left out the part where I called my mommy crying because I didn't know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
People I knew in HS who were a bit older than me are becoming pre-school teachers and they're all posting pictures of their classrooms on Facebook, and it's making me wish that I had decided to be a teacher =/

People I knew in HS who were a bit older than me are becoming pre-school teachers and they're all posting pictures of their classrooms on Facebook, and it's making me wish that I had decided to be a teacher =/
I want to teach at a medical school eventually

Eh why not. I talked about having to go to the hospital alone in Argentina. But I left out the part where I called my mommy crying because I didn't know what to do.
that's a good one (hopefully nothing too serious)
ugh need to stop surfing the net and get back to work! I agree with ppl above who said it's easier to get stuff done during school..during summer I feel like i have the entire day so I keep on procrastinating and then nothing gets done :yeahright:

that's a good one (hopefully nothing too serious)
ugh need to stop surfing the net and get back to work! I agree with ppl above who said it's easier to get stuff done during school..during summer I feel like i have the entire day so I keep on procrastinating and then nothing gets done :yeahright:

Haha I never did figure out what it was, despite going to the hospital like five times in South America. My doctor at University of Chicago decided it was probably parasites.

haha for me it's been silence since 3 weeks ago. I need to figure out how to keep my mind occupied so I don't go crazy with waiting

haha for me it's been silence since 3 weeks ago. I need to figure out how to keep my mind occupied so I don't go crazy with waiting

I'm hoping I can finish this paper I'm writing in the next two days, so that I can leave my computer at home when I go on vacation. My plan is to stay off SDN, and to only check my email once in the morning and once at night.

I'm hoping I can finish this paper I'm writing in the next two days, so that I can leave my computer at home when I go on vacation. My plan is to stay off SDN, and to only check my email once in the morning and once at night.
ahhh almost everyone I know is somewhere exotic on vacation and it makes me sad :(
haha I could never have that much self control. I was proud of checking only once an hour instead of every 10 min today. Plus now I don't even have research to keep me busy

ahhh almost everyone I know is somewhere exotic on vacation and it makes me sad :(
haha I could never have that much self control. I was proud of checking only once an hour instead of every 10 min today. Plus now I don't even have research to keep me busy

I know right, everyone I know is in Italy and here I am like "I can't wait for my trip to Michigan!" hahah.

My research is getting boring too, the field season is almost over. We've spent two weeks weeding. Today it was 95 degrees and we only stopped when the grad student whose project we were weeding started showing signs of heat stroke.

I know right, everyone I know is in Italy and here I am like "I can't wait for my trip to Michigan!" hahah.

My research is getting boring too, the field season is almost over. We've spent two weeks weeding. Today it was 95 degrees and we only stopped when the grad student whose project we were weeding started showing signs of heat stroke.
lol ecology research sounds fun
also omg I recently went to michigan. nice break from the flatness of our state

Haha I go to southern Michigan (Saugatuck-Douglas) so the scenery is pretty much the same as Chicago. But it's still really nice!

Fieldwork updates from this week:
  • I posted previously about how mosquitoes cannot bite through my wet suit. I clearly underestimated this recent batch of mosquitoes.
  • There was a dead skunk by our sampling site today. Rotting flesh + skunk stink = :dead:
  • Yesterday, in an attempt to avoid having to pee in the woods, I reached the delirious stage of dehydration and nearly had to go to the hospital.
  • My leech count is now up to 13, although only 2 have succeeded in drawing blood.
...what was that you all were saying about wanting to visit Michigan/do ecology research? ;)

Seriously, though, my home state is absolutely gorgeous in summer and fall. Check out da UP sometime.

On a happy note, I GOT VERIFIED TODAY!!!!! Come at me, secondaries.

• I posted previously about how mosquitoes cannot bite through my wet suit. I clearly underestimated this recent batch of mosquitoes.
  • There was a dead skunk by our sampling site today. Rotting flesh + skunk stink = :dead:
  • Yesterday, in an attempt to avoid having to pee in the woods, I reached the delirious stage of dehydration and nearly had to go to the hospital.
  • My leech count is now up to 13, although only 2 have succeeded in drawing blood.
...what was that you all were saying about wanting to visit Michigan/do ecology research? ;)

Seriously, though, my home state is absolutely gorgeous in summer and fall. Check out da UP sometime.

yayyyy you got this!
agreed, Michigan is beautifuuuul. although those 42o4r2308949 mosquitoes in like every state park can be terrifying

Hahaha I almost had to go into the forest in shorts and a tank top today, I was like uhh I'd rather not, I'll probably end up losing about a pint of blood to mosquitos.

Peeing in the woods isn't so bad... Definitely not worth dehydration hahaha. Maple leaves are the best leaves for toilet paper.

Haha if I had to survive in the woods for 24 hours I probably wouldn't bother trying to find food or anything, I'd just lie there and wait for the 24 hours to be over.

Hahaha I almost had to go into the forest in shorts and a tank top today, I was like uhh I'd rather not, I'll probably end up losing about a pint of blood to mosquitos.

Peeing in the woods isn't so bad... Definitely not worth dehydration hahaha. Maple leaves are the best leaves for toilet paper.

Don't the mosquitoes eat your butt? Peeing in the woods sucks when you have to wiggle in and out of a wet suit to do it. Fortunately, I have yet to react to poison ivy. I hope I don't become sensitive to that because it's everywhere.

Haha if I had to survive in the woods for 24 hours I probably wouldn't bother trying to find food or anything, I'd just lie there and wait for the 24 hours to be over.
OMG my thoughts exactly lmao. I would not be eating those "delicious" live ants or beetles

Don't the mosquitoes eat your butt? Peeing in the woods sucks when you have to wiggle in and out of a wet suit to do it. Fortunately, I have yet to react to poison ivy. I hope I don't become sensitive to that because it's everywhere.

I do it fast enough that the mosquitos don't get me lol. But I do get a lot of bites on my butt when I'm out there lol I have no idea why. I definitely wouldn't want to try to pee in a wet suit lol I'd probably just pee in the suit in the lake.

I can never come in contact with poison ivy again, I know I'll react to it. I sat down in a big patch of it a few weeks ago and I didn't react since it was my first time coming in contact with it.

Ugh it really pisses me off when I find these nasty thick black hairs in my room and bathroom. I need to live with blondes, blonde hair is so much less disgusting.

"my heart pounded, the world tilted as my knees gave away and I succumbed to the comforting blackness. But due to my sheer awesomeness, I overcame this situation and today I am living happily ever after"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Should I email all my schools about my college changing its name? Or will they be able to figure it out easily enough?

I don't want them being like this guy can't even type out the right name for his school.

Guys. I'm reading Tempest again. Such a good play write . I <3 Shakespeare. Such a relaxing thing to be able to read for fun again

When did the name change? If it was publicized I wouldn't bother.
I believe it was the 23rd of this month. So, it says the old name on AMCAS, and I've been using the new name on secondaries. I mean, it says it on their website, so they can probably figure it out easily enough.