The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

I am so excited for my interview tomorrow!!! Is that weird? I feel like I should be nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
So, there is no way I remember all my interviewers' names for the MMI I did, and we weren't told their titles. Do I still write a thank you note?

So, there is no way I remember all my interviewers' names for the MMI I did, and we weren't told their titles. Do I still write a thank you note?
I'm only going to write thank you notes for the long form interviews. The MMI notes would be weird..."thank you for pretending to be a racist colleague that I had to convince to change his cultural opinions..."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
YES! Finally got my first II!!! ETSU!

Edit: And it might be Thursday!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Lol my mom is freaking out about my first interview way more than I am. She keeps texting me with tips and telling me to focus on the interview instead of visiting with my aunt, who I'm staying with right now.

Also I need some advice. Since I'm from Chicago, would it be weird for me to send an ITA email to Northwestern/Rush/Illinois for when I'm going to be there for Loyola? Even tho I'm from Illinois I live in Ohio, obviously, and would still have to fly home.

Lol my mom is freaking out about my first interview way more than I am. She keeps texting me with tips and telling me to focus on the interview instead of visiting with my aunt, who I'm staying with right now.

Also I need some advice. Since I'm from Chicago, would it be weird for me to send an ITA email to Northwestern/Rush/Illinois for when I'm going to be there for Loyola? Even tho I'm from Illinois I live in Ohio, obviously, and would still have to fly home.

Dude I hear you. I received a letter, not an interview, not a secondary, but a letter from Harvard urging me to apply. It got sent to my mothers house and she has since posted it on fb. I am trying to explain to her that its only a letter and they sent probably around 20,000 of them.

But congrats on the interview!

Dude I hear you. I received a letter, not an interview, not a secondary, but a letter from Harvard urging me to apply. It got sent to my mothers house and she has since posted it on fb. I am trying to explain to her that its only a letter and they sent probably around 20,000 of them.

But congrats on the interview!

Omg that's sooooo cute ahahaha but I would kill my mom if she did that.

CONGRATS! That's awesome! getting the first one is such a good feeling :D What does ETSU stand for?
Thanks! I was at work when I got it and everyone was so stoked for me. But East Tennessee State University. It is one of my state schools. Hoping for some more in the next few weeks!

Thanks! I was at work when I got it and everyone was so stoked for me. But East Tennessee State University. It is one of my state schools. Hoping for some more in the next few weeks!
Do you know what the call the person who graduate last in his class from the worst med school in the country?
…..Doctor

Dude medical school is medical school. I am sure you can get a great medical education at ETSU. CONGRATS!

Aslo Lannister if I recall correctly we scored dang near identical on the MCAT now we both have interviews from Chicago schools! That is awesome

Do you know what the call the person who graduate last in his class from the worst med school in the country?
…..Doctor

Dude medical school is medical school. I am sure you can get a great medical education at ETSU. CONGRATS!

Aslo Lannister if I recall correctly we scored dang near identical on the MCAT now we both have interviews from Chicago schools! That is awesome
Thanks! It is a fantastic school. I'm stoked to be able to interview there!

Members don't see this ad :)
…..Doctor

Nice! What school?

Walking up to my interview, stepped in a grate and ripped part of my heel off LOL why.
hahaha...you're gonna kill it! don't even worry about it!

Sent off a bunch of ITA e-mails last night. At least got a response from one person that they'd pass my e-mail along to the admissions committee. I guess we'll see if it makes a difference!

Wow... That was... Idk. There were 8 rooms. The first 7 went really great, I felt like I did well and that the interviewers really liked me. But the second to last room was an acting scenario and although I think that was probably my best room, it hit kind of close to home and I got emotional. So I did really poorly in the last room, I didn't actually cry but my voice was shaking and the woman definitely could tell something was off. She was really nice about it, but I'm sure I'll still get a low score in that room. They said they disregard outlier scores, I hope that's true.

Wow... That was... Idk. There were 8 rooms. The first 7 went really great, I felt like I did well and that the interviewers really liked me. But the second to last room was an acting scenario and although I think that was probably my best room, it hit kind of close to home and I got emotional. So I did really poorly in the last room, I didn't actually cry but my voice was shaking and the woman definitely could tell something was off. She was really nice about it, but I'm sure I'll still get a low score in that room. They said they disregard outlier scores, I hope that's true.

They understand that you're a human being. You probably performed much better than you thought you did.

Illinois. Aslo don't worry about the getting emotional thing. Honestly, it may have helped you. It shows you care.

Awesome! I'm jealous, I'm really hoping I get an II from Illinois. Lol someone on that thread posted "I never thought my state school would hate me so much", that's exactly how I feel about the silence from them.

And thanks :) I guess it is what it is, and we'll see what effect it had on October 15th! Speaking of which, the MSAR says October 16th but at Cincinnati they told me the 15th. Which one is it?

Awesome! I'm jealous, I'm really hoping I get an II from Illinois. Lol someone on that thread posted "I never thought my state school would hate me so much", that's exactly how I feel about the silence from them.

And thanks :) I guess it is what it is, and we'll see what effect it had on October 15th! Speaking of which, the MSAR says October 16th but at Cincinnati they told me the 15th. Which one is it?
You know One of the best pieces of advice I have heard so far is "don't try to make any sense out of this" Which I think is true you never know what one committee how committee views your application compared to another,

Also who else keeps their phone on their desk at work and hyperventilates when they see they got an email?

You know One of the best pieces of advice I have heard so far is "don't try to make any sense out of this" Which I think is true you never know what one committee how committee views your application compared to another,

Also who else keeps their phone on their desk at work and hyperventilates when they see they got an email?

The worst is when you get an email saying you've had a status change and to check your portal. The 30 seconds that follow are always torture. Like WHY CANT YOU JUST TELL ME THE STATUS UPDATE IN THE EMAIL.

The worst is when you get an email saying you've had a status change and to check your portal. The 30 seconds that follow are always torture. Like WHY CANT YOU JUST TELL ME THE STATUS UPDATE IN THE EMAIL.

The other good one is when a school you already applied to sends an email urging you to apply and its all you can do to not to reply "DUDE I ALREADY DID NOW SEND ME AN INTERVIEW INVITE !

Okay, seeing an email from the AAMC with the subject line "AMCAS Defect" was one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email from a school I haven't heard back from yet. It started like this:

"Dear MSTP applicant,
We at X School of Medicine are pleased to invite you-"

And ended like this:

"-to our virtual biomedical graduate program fair."

Starting an email that way and not ending it with an interview invite should be illegal. :mad:

Reactions: 6 users
:annoyed: My boss didn't schedule me for a single shift next week. Now I'm afraid that I've been silently fired for asking for so much time off. Stupid medical school.

YO I highly recommend ITA emails. I sent out 4 last week and have gotten 2 interviews from them.

anyone else feel like the more you think about certain interviews the more you start to cringe at little things... I'm becoming so neurotic

Reactions: 4 users
anyone else feel like the more you think about certain interviews the more you start to cringe at little things... I'm becoming so neurotic

Same with re-reading my apps before interviews. I found a typo in my Cincinnati secondary and I was like noooo you've got to be kidding me. I'm trying not to think about my interview tho. At least I only have to wait two weeks for a decision, I can't imagine having interviewed in August and waiting till October to hear.

Same with re-reading my apps before interviews. I found a typo in my Cincinnati secondary and I was like noooo you've got to be kidding me. I'm trying not to think about my interview tho. At least I only have to wait two weeks for a decision, I can't imagine having interviewed in August and waiting till October to hear.
Yeah I somehow checked that I had received a Fulbright on one of my secondaries...and I definitely haven't. I called the school and clarified and apologized profusely, and they were like "no worries, seriously." But I couldn't believe I did that! And no one said anything in my interview so I didn't realize it was there until I neurotically reread it. I checked that thing like three times, I can't believe it! Now I really can't wait til Oct. 15th. I feel like I might explode!

Yeah I somehow checked that I had received a Fulbright on one of my secondaries...and I definitely haven't. I called the school and clarified and apologized profusely, and they were like "no worries, seriously." But I couldn't believe I did that! And no one said anything in my interview so I didn't realize it was there until I neurotically reread it. I checked that thing like three times, I can't believe it! Now I really can't wait til Oct. 15th. I feel like I might explode!

I saw your post about that! That's crazy that they didn't even bring it up during the interview...Maybe they realized it was a mistake since if you were going to pretend you were a Fulbright scholar you probablyyyy would have mentioned it on AMCAS haha. I think you'll be fine though, I'm sure stuff like that happens all the time!

It could be worse. Try interviewing in October and knowing you won't hear back until March. Haha. My state school is great. But they're non rolling and release all their acceptances in March. Lol. #dyinginside.

It could be worse. Try interviewing in October and knowing you won't hear back until March. Haha. My state school is great. But they're non rolling and release all their acceptances in March. Lol. #dyinginside.

Omg that sounds horrible... I didn't even think about non-rolling schools... Lol I didn't even bother to check if most of my schools are rolling or not.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1444172359.388798.jpg

Well just got this in my email...
Great joke Kaplan.

Oh my God I am such an idiot you guys. I forgot to declare a state of legal residence on amcas. I seriously can't believe I did this... Guess I can kiss goodbye to any chance I had of getting into University of Illinois

Oh my God I am such an idiot you guys. I forgot to declare a state of legal residence on amcas. I seriously can't believe I did this... Guess I can kiss goodbye to any chance I had of getting into University of Illinois
The secondary doesn't include a section on proving legal residence? The two state schools I applied to that made decisions based off IS/OOS had a section for that.

The secondary doesn't include a section on proving legal residence? The two state schools I applied to that made decisions based off IS/OOS had a section for that.

I don't know... It was Colorado that told me about the issue. They said I didn't provide the info on amcas =/

I would definitely shoot them an email. If anything just to check. Did your amcas have anything about your permanent address?