The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

why would you do that

Because I'm an idiot...The reason she hates me is because I never come to lab group. The reason I never go to lab group is because it's at 8AM on Thursdays, and I have two problems with that. One, I'm having sleep issues, to the point where I'm considering seeing a doctor; I can't fall asleep for hours, and it takes me hours to work up the energy to get out of bed in the morning. And then I feel extremely ill for the next hour or two. Two, I have an exam most Thursdays, and as I obviously do not function well when I don't get enough sleep, I choose to make sure I get enough sleep before my exams rather than be sleep deprived just to go to lab group. My lab is important to me but honestly my classes are of a higher priority for me.

Obviously a sensible, mature person would have just told her about what was going on, she's super nice, she probably would have been fine with it...but I kept telling myself I'd get it figured out and start going to lab group soon...and it just sort of got away from me. I swear, I've never been like this before, I'm normally so organized and on top of things, and this sudden change is kind of freaking me out.

Also, she's mad because I registered for the wrong class (Biology 388 instead of Biology 388S...an honest mistake, other people do it too), and she had to fill out some paperwork to approve the switch a week or so ago.

Sigh. I really hope she does not fail me. I should have just done my capstone in Spanish, since I'm actually interested in Spanish. This research is interesting but I don't really understand it that well. And the more of my paper I write, the more I lose sight of what my original hypothesis actually was.

Okay, I think I'm just going to finish my rough draft of the paper this weekend and send it to her by Monday morning, along with an apology and explanation for my flakiness. I know I should tell her in real life but I haven't exactly mastered the art of talking about personal issues without crying yet.

yeah I would definitely apologize and figure out the waking up thing before med school
I also would not use either of those reasons in your explanation, even if they are true. gl!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One thing about getting up early in med school. At a lot of the schools, the early clinical exposure classes are at 8 or 9 in the AM. I am enjoying sleeping late for the first time in college this semester.

Oh my goodness what an eventful morning. I was in the middle of my anatomy exam, when the professor said, "I have a disturbing announcement to make." I was like oh God, has the president been killed, was there a shooting on campus?? But apparently, during the exam, two kids accessed the course website. And the professor can see who accessed it and at what times. So he went on a five minute rant about academic dishonesty and asked them to turn themselves in.

Ah, waitlisted at my state school which was one of my top, if not top, school. Definitely a bummer. :oops:

Aw, I'm sorry :( But focus on those two acceptances and the Harvard interview!
Is there a high likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist?

Aw, I'm sorry :( But focus on those two acceptances and the Harvard interview!
Is there a high likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist?

Sorry to hear that @Pastamahn Do they often have movement off the waitlist?
They said it's highly variable from year to year. So will just have to wait and see what my wait list rank is when it is released in April.

Ah, waitlisted at my state school which was one of my top, if not top, school. Definitely a bummer. :oops:
Oh, I am sorry. maybe they waitlist high stats like you to protect their yield?

I just looked at your MDApps. You should not have declined your Iowa interview. That school is amazing.

Yeah possibly yield protection, but to be honest I'm not that high of stats and am surprised with the interviews I've received. But thanks for the words of encouragement!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so proud of myself, I've actually got a complete rough draft of my capstone paper done. It's probably crap but at least it's a start! And I found the courage to initiate an email conversation with my PI lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am working on my capstone project and will need to kill 20 mice before my finals. I realize I will do much worse in the next four year of med school and beyond, but I am not looking forward to it.

I am actually pissed for you @mheard92 . You are great and you deserve an acceptance. I will be rooting for the rest of the season.

I am working on my capstone project and will need to kill 20 mice before my finals. I realize I will do much worse in the next four year of med school and beyond, but I am not looking forward to it.

I would have a really hard time killing animals... But I know I'll have to do it in med school. I refuse to kill like a cat or dog tho.

I am actually pissed for you @mheard92 . You are great and you deserve an acceptance. I will be rooting for the rest of the season.

Thanks y'all. It seriously means a lot.
I am remaining optimistic. I don't think many acceptances went out this round, so we will see what happens.
I know I at least have my other state school for an interview sometime. I think I'll get another interview or 2 OOS, even if they are later in the season.
But all this has done is really push me to do more and has been really motivating, even though it was disappointing.

Okay I think I've been worrying for nothing, my PI's email back to me was super nice!

LOL! I just got an email from Case Western asking me to apply to their Anesthesiologist Assistant program.
I am taking this as them telling me "You sucked as an M.D. candidate but we think you can do this"

LOL! I just got an email from Case Western asking me to apply to their Anesthesiologist Assistant program.
I am taking this as them telling me "You sucked as an M.D. candidate but we think you can do this"
I've gotten that a few times, haha. Every time I'm like Case! Maybe its an II! ...nope

Hahaha I got the email too and it seemed very unnecessary to send it to people who were put on hold.

I just got rejected from Wake Forest. I wouldn't have picked it over my state school anyway so it is nice to just have an answer. I also got an email requesting feedback from Northwestern. I want to tell them to either interview me or reject me already.

I just got rejected from Wake Forest. I wouldn't have picked it over my state school anyway so it is nice to just have an answer. I also got an email requesting feedback from Northwestern. I want to tell them to either interview me or reject me already.
I also got that email.
As for Stanford that school is so "pie in the sky" for me I really am not even stressing about it.

Oh an F#&% Wake I really despise schools that do not accept community college transfers because that policy is based on such B.S. logic.
It also discriminates against many disadvantaged students and applicants that need to take the community college route.

Reactions: 2 users
If I don't hear today, I would have to wait 2 weeks bc next week is thanksgiving. UGHHH the wait. sorry being whiny

You're waiting to hear from Stanford? Haha your frustration is understandable, waiting for a decision is the worst. I'm glad I know exactly when I will hear from Loyola.

Although then again...I thought I knew exactly when I'd hear from Cincinnati, and look how that turned out :laugh:

Did you interview or were you rejected pre-II?

You're waiting to hear from Stanford? Haha your frustration is understandable, waiting for a decision is the worst. I'm glad I know exactly when I will hear from Loyola.

Although then again...I thought I knew exactly when I'd hear from Cincinnati, and look how that turned out :laugh:
yup
apparently we only get decisions on Fridays

no call guys, here's to another 2 weeks of waiting!
images

Hey @Glazedonutlove do you have any idea when Northwestern sends out merit scholarship info? I feel like they havn't contacted me after the acceptance at all! Also, did you join the accepted facebook group?

So apparently the school I was put on hold at has only interviewed 59 people and only 25 have been accepted. They interviewed 260 last year, so it seems I interviewed very early in their season! Hoping that means movement off of their hold list soon!

Reactions: 3 users
And I finally unsubscribed from all of the Kaplan and TPR emails. Productive Saturday right?