The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

I am so very glad I have an acceptance. I can just tell them my plans next year and move on. My poor cousin is graduating next year and doesn't have a job yet. I will just sit back and let him get all the attention.

Reactions: 1 user
So...what is the game plan for you all when all of your relatives drill you about the application process?? Trying to mentally prepare.
Well only half of my family will be here, but those who are here all have kids who are premed in college right now. And they're the type of parents that get all up in their kids business, so we will see how today goes... I am sure I will not want to be around here later tonight after talking about everything all day.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea the last thanksgiving was so stressful. I keep feeling like I have something to get done, and then I realize mcat's over :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
nothing specific, just looking haha. I do need a new laptop though.. mine is really old
go with family!

My family is very anti-consumerism :( They are doing all their Christmas shopping at REI this year because they decided to close on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

GUYS BOUGHT MY APPLE WATCH ON TARGET.COM

Now I don't have to go out on Black Friday yaaaaaaaaaas

Members don't see this ad :)
so I'm about to get cheesy but just wanted to say I'm thankful for this thread and you guys. It's been a long several months with mcat and the apps and I'm glad we went through it together (virtually) <3

Reactions: 5 users
My family barely registered I was going to med school. Off to hit the bars in Chicago with my high school girls. We will be drunk shopping on Black Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
My family didn't really get that just because I got an interview somewhere doesn't mean I'm a shoe in there. So when my sister blurted my Harvard interview everyone kept on saying how it's awesome I'm going there. No pressure now :dead:

Reactions: 6 users
I didn't even tell my extended family about my acceptances or interviews haha

Reactions: 3 users
Yeahhh I spent all night talking about med school. And I have 20 aunts and uncles and 20+ cousins lol. But I guess that just means I'm used to being interrogated over and over again Haha.

The questions were never ending...and my family doesn't drink so there was no way to escape!

wait endless RT's
To me this reads, "endless Reverse Transcriptases"... I'm spending way to much time in the lab this semester.

Also, Guys, I got my scrub top in the mail from Pritzker today.... They realllllly know how to make a guy wanna go there lol

Lastly, hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 2 users
so I'm about to get cheesy but just wanted to say I'm thankful for this thread and you guys. It's been a long several months with mcat and the apps and I'm glad we went through it together (virtually) <3

yeah, we're like virtually besties (snickers proudly to self)

My family didn't really get that just because I got an interview somewhere doesn't mean I'm a shoe in there. So when my sister blurted my Harvard interview everyone kept on saying how it's awesome I'm going there. No pressure now :dead:

Luckily my family are all white trash (I say that in the most loving way possible lol) so they know absolutely nothing about the process and have no preconceived notions. So they will probably believe whatever I tell them lol.

Yeah everyone has thought I was studying medicine ever since I told them I was pre-med. No amount of explanation seemed to correct this, even though they ask the same questions every time I see them as though they care enough to ask every time but not to listen. Now that I told them I got accepted and will be attending my state school it was either they acted totally unsurprised/apathetic ("knew I'd get in"---totally oblivious to how hard it actually is to do) or were super confused because "I thought you were already in medical school, so when are you going to be a doctor?" -_-. This more than anything is going to make it such a long process haha Soooo....unluckily my family/surrounding cast are also oblivious (apparently by choice to spite my efforts to inform them) to the process of becoming a doctor

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. BTW it is now acceptable to hang lights and play Christmas music. Before Thanksgiving doing either results in an elf killing a baby reindeer.
At Thanksgiving dinner my family has a tradition where we go around the table and everybody says what they are thankful for. When they got to me I just looked around and said "Seriously, you have to ask?"
Afterward my brother and I engaged in another family Thanksgiving tradition where we drive to the mall and laugh at all the people waiting in line who completely miss the point of the holiday.

You can use it to play music. So you set a Playlist or something on your phone and then play it thru the showerhead. And you can also talk on the phone through it!
That's pretty freaking sweet. I bought my Watch (yaaaas picking it up tomorrow) and then a Crock Pot for when I go to med school and am stressed and have time to cook nothing else.

That's pretty freaking sweet. I bought my Watch (yaaaas picking it up tomorrow) and then a Crock Pot for when I go to med school and am stressed and have time to cook nothing else.

Oh I was going to buy a crock pot too! I forgot!

Only 9.72 at Walmart ~~~

Haha I have never set foot in Walmart and I never will. I'm looking at them on Amazon now but I have no idea which one to pick. I guess I only need a small one since it's just me, I wonder if 3.5 quarts will be enough.

It is called Instant Pot. It is a rice cooker, pressure cooker, crock pot, porridge cooker, yogurt maker, steamer and saute pan.

That Cuisinart looks nice.
God, I feel like an adult talking about crock pots

Yeah I just ordered it! Only took me an hour to pick hahah. I've been feeling very adult lately, I get so excited about kitchen appliances and I all of a sudden really want children.

Chicken breasts and brown rice, occasional turkey burger.
BTW am I the only one who has picked out a gym at any of their perspective schools?

Chicken breasts and brown rice, occasional turkey burger.
BTW am I the only one who has picked out a gym at any of their perspective schools?

Cincinnati has a really nice gym right in the medical school :D

I've always wanted to go black Friday shopping and get in a fist fight with some lady for a TV or something.
Awesome a really popular gym called "Barbell Brigade" is only about a mile and a half away from USC. It may be worth the 100$ monthly.
I have decided to try my hardest to avoid "1st year body"

Awesome a really popular gym called "Barbell Brigade" is only about a mile and a half away from USC. It may be worth the 100$ monthly.
I have decided to try my hardest to avoid "1st year body"

$100/mo??? That sounds so expensive, but I guess I've never bought a gym membership before so I have nothing to compare it to.

what does the freshman 15 apply to med school too?
Yep. Basically students get overwhelmed eat junk and neglect exercise,
This can be avoided with planning though.
My plan is to work out right after class and then study in the evening

$100/mo??? That sounds so expensive, but I guess I've never bought a gym membership before so I have nothing to compare it to.

This gym is worth it. Right now I pay 30$ a month at 24hr fitness but the atmosphere sucks, no one re-racks weights and there is only one squat rack
No point in saving money if you can't get a good work out in.