The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get on that Krabberman.
Remember at 30 women are like parking spots. All the good ones are taken and all the opene ones are handicapped

Wow. I'm not one to get offended easily but that saying is ridiculously offensive.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha how is be going to destroy public education?
Sparknotes version: If Rauner continues to refuse to sign the budget until March, pretty much all public schools in the state except for the three University of Illinois campuses will run out of reserve funds and be forced to either release enormous amounts of faculty or shut down (some already have). If he goes longer than that, God only knows what will happen. But it won't bode well for me if I end up going to UIC!

Sparknotes version: If Rauner continues to refuse to sign the budget until March, pretty much all public schools in the state except for the three University of Illinois campuses will run out of reserve funds and be forced to either release enormous amounts of faculty or shut down (some already have). If he goes longer than that, God only knows what will happen. But it won't bode well for me if I end up going to UIC!
Why is Rauner not signing? What is the reasoning behind the apparent craziness?

Why is Rauner not signing? What is the reasoning behind the apparent craziness?
That's a very big question without a simple answer. As with most political issues, nobody likes to see the "sausage" get made. Essentially, to make an extraordinarily complicated issue very simple, Rauner is a Republican and the Illinois State Assembly has a veto-proof Democratic majority. Governor Rauner ran on a vociferously anti-union platform and wants to use the budget as a vehicle for a union-busting agenda, which the Assembly vigorously opposes. Bruce Rauner is not anti-education per se, but public education is bearing the brunt of the collateral damage from the government's inaction.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's a very big question without a simple answer. As with most political issues, nobody likes to see the "sausage" get made. Essentially, to make an extraordinarily complicated issue very simple, Rauner is a Republican and the Illinois State Assembly has a veto-proof Democratic majority. Governor Rauner ran on a vociferously anti-union platform and wants to use the budget as a vehicle for a union-busting agenda, which the Assembly vigorously opposes. Bruce Rauner is not anti-education per se, but public education is bearing the brunt of the collateral damage from the government's inaction.
I understand... Too much dirt in politics for my liking.

Reactions: 1 user
Living in Indiana I just want to scream at Rauner. He wants to implement rules just like Indiana did, crippling the unions. Our wages are plummeting and it has not brought in industry like believed. He is like all these politicians that want to cut worker's wages but have no problem hiring consultants for more money. The only thing that keeps Indiana and Illinois from being Mississippi are the almost living wages and benefits that come from living in markets with unions. Yes, the pension issue is a big deal, but that is an Illinois constitutional issue and needs to be treated as such. As soon as he abandons the hard stance there are people willing to work with him. As it is, he has angered a lot of the Democrats that voted for him hoping to bring a fresh voice. Same old story was already played out in Wisconsin and Indiana.

I feel like I am never on here anymore. I am trying to fit all the normal college stuff into this last semester. Another friend just got engaged this weekend and I am wondering if I can handle cooking my own food every night. I also feel like I am in limbo until I know where I am going and it is making me feel like I am avoiding real life.

Living in Indiana I just want to scream at Rauner. He wants to implement rules just like Indiana did, crippling the unions. Our wages are plummeting and it has not brought in industry like believed. He is like all these politicians that want to cut worker's wages but have no problem hiring consultants for more money. The only thing that keeps Indiana and Illinois from being Mississippi are the almost living wages and benefits that come from living in markets with unions. Yes, the pension issue is a big deal, but that is an Illinois constitutional issue and needs to be treated as such. As soon as he abandons the hard stance there are people willing to work with him. As it is, he has angered a lot of the Democrats that voted for him hoping to bring a fresh voice. Same old story was already played out in Wisconsin and Indiana.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I feel like I am never on here anymore. I am trying to fit all the normal college stuff into this last semester. Another friend just got engaged this weekend and I am wondering if I can handle cooking my own food every night. I also feel like I am in limbo until I know where I am going and it is making me feel like I am avoiding real life.
We're all right there with you about the limbo feeling. But like you, I'm trying to enjoy my last semester. I will really miss this place

Ah I thought you meant like public high schools :p

I refuse to get into a discussion about politics on here :p I've given up and surrendered myself to the fact that I'm going to be surrounded by liberals for the rest of my life and that anything I say about politics is going to get me a lot of hate so I should probably just keep my mouth shut.

In other news, I met an adorable 7 month old beagle at work tonight! I wanted to steal him.

I refuse to get into a discussion about politics on here :p I've given up and surrendered myself to the fact that I'm going to be surrounded by liberals for the rest of my life and that anything I say about politics is going to get me a lot of hate so I should probably just keep my mouth shut.

In other news, I met an adorable 7 month old beagle at work tonight! I wanted to steal him.
I love beagles. But my favorites are italian greyhounds.

Haha right there with you Lanny. Ive come to learn my opinions are not shared by many, thus they are better kept to myself.

I used to have a beagle/pug mix before. Cutest thing you ever did see!

I admit to being a feminist, raised by a feminist in a blue collar environment. It shapes who I am. But I am also surrounded by wealthy classmates. It is like being with Martians sometimes. Of course a lot of them are liberal now when parents pay the bills.
I like all of you too much to argue politics.

I admit to being a feminist, raised by a feminist in a blue collar environment. It shapes who I am. But I am also surrounded by wealthy classmates. It is like being with Martians sometimes. Of course a lot of them are liberal now when parents pay the bills.
I like all of you too much to argue politics.
I kid you not: there's this girl who's always appearing on my Facebook page that I think I met like once in high school. Her family is filthy, incomprehensibly rich. A few months ago she posted a screenshot of a text conversation with her dad where the dad chastises her for--wait for it--spending $800 in ONE month at ONE bar using his credit card. (She thought this would be a cool thing to brag about on Facebook). Ever since then, all of her posts are #broke #ramenlife. Drives me up the wall.

Dang it. I was looking thru the Cincinnati class of 2020 FB group for hot guys, and literally every single one has a girlfriend. How am I going to find a boyfriend if there are no single men!? #foreveralone

As a current Wisconsin-ite, I feel your pain. Wisconsin used to be such an incredible state because of the unions. They valued creativity and hard work, while protecting workers. Scott Walker....sigh. What can I even say about that d bag anymore.

Dang it. I was looking thru the Cincinnati class of 2020 FB group for hot guys, and literally every single one has a girlfriend. How am I going to find a boyfriend if there are no single men!? #foreveralone
They will have cute friends that aren't in medicine.

I want one of those too, or an earnest guy that works in a non-profit or government. Maybe a guy that wants to be in politics.

True! I need to find me a nice finance student.
haha, I'm just picturing some finance guy being like "Hmmm...Lanny's income to debt ratio post medical school graduation is not favorable for me. Will she help me to diversify my interests? Hmm...stocks!" Hahaha.

Reactions: 3 users
Lol looking for a relationship on tinder is like looking for Democracy in Cuba

But finding STD's on tinder is easy. J.k. A friend of mine at UC Davis SOM told me recently he posted pics on tinder with his white coat and his match rate went up exponentially.

Oh I saw we were talking about puppies. I have none but my parents own a doberman, a ****zu and a boxer.
Because I can't own a dog at the moment I just go to my mothers for my puppy fix.
They had a pug for a while but he passed a couple of years ago. Pugs are cut but our pugs vet bills were like a full year of med school tuition. He was seriously allergic to everything.

Last edited:
haha, I'm just picturing some finance guy being like "Hmmm...Lanny's income to debt ratio post medical school graduation is not favorable for me. Will she help me to diversify my interests? Hmm...stocks!" Hahaha.

Hahah yesss my ideal guy.

Oh dear, I forgot my makeup bag at school. Here's hoping my interviewers tomorrow are hippie liberal women who are anti-makeup. haha

And CONGRATS @Glazedonutlove!!!! Is it going to be a hard decision between Northwestern and Pitt and whatever hundreds of other schools you've been accepted at?

Hahah yesss my ideal guy.

Oh dear, I forgot my makeup bag at school. Here's hoping my interviewers tomorrow are hippie liberal women who are anti-makeup. haha

And CONGRATS @Glazedonutlove!!!! Is it going to be a hard decision between Northwestern and Pitt and whatever hundreds of other schools you've been accepted at?
Thanks Lanny and GOOD LUCK tomorrow you're gonna rock it