The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

No offense taken Lanny. Now I'm going to go and take out my dentures, take my Metamucil and go to bed.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The thought of having to choose between UIC and Cincinnati is making me really anxious. I have absolutely no idea which one I like better. I didn't go into this cycle expecting to have to choose, I thought I'd be lucky to get accepted to one school only and just go there and not have to make any choices. So I am not prepared for this at all.

The thought of having to choose between UIC and Cincinnati is making me really anxious. I have absolutely no idea which one I like better. I didn't go into this cycle expecting to have to choose, I thought I'd be lucky to get accepted to one school only and just go there and not have to make any choices. So I am not prepared for this at all.
Did you get accepted to UIC?

Did you get accepted to UIC?

Aha no not yet. I should stop counting my chickens before they hatch, probably. But I figure I have a pretty good chance, I think the interviews went well and they have like 80% post-interview acceptance rate for IS.

Aha no not yet. I should stop counting my chickens before they hatch, probably. But I figure I have a pretty good chance, I think the interviews went well and they have like 80% post-interview acceptance rate for IS.
yeah, don't start worrying about something that isn't even a reality yet.

Reactions: 1 user
In the same situation but waiting for information about the $$ to decide more easily

I know for me last semester was pretty bad for lack of motivation, but is anyone having a REALLY hard time becoming motivated this last semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know for me last semester was pretty bad for lack of motivation, but is anyone having a REALLY hard time becoming motivated this last semester?

Saying I'm having a really hard time becoming motivated is an understatement. I literally cannot be motivated. I got up at 10 today and have been playing Neopets for the last 2.5 hours, despite having an exam tomorrow that I have hardly studied for.

Actually it's been the opposite for me. mostly because my classes are really interesting and professors try to make the lecture clinically relevant. But at the same time I am so ready to be done lol

Also, is it sexist to tell a girl she is an amazing cook? Meant it as a complement, got lambasted and told I was a misogynist. I'm sorry girls. I promise I think there are guys who can cook too :/
Not sexist. You didn't say women are great cooks. You complimented a person on a skill that they demonstrated. Tell them to check their privilege because you grew up in a family where food was scarce and complex ingredients were a luxury.

And I was raised by a feminist, and consider myself a feminist like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
On to happy news, I was updating Iowa for final pool, so I decided to update any school left that took updates. I got an invite to Emory. It is probably just for a waitlist, but I don't care.

@Krabbeman Yeah that seems fine. It's not like you said "Dang girl you sure know where you belong."
Now that would have been sexist and slap worthy.

@Lannister did you think the study room at UIC where they have the interviewees wait kind of looked like the Great Hall from Harry Potter?

@Lannister did you think the study room at UIC where they have the interviewees wait kind of looked like the Great Hall from Harry Potter?

Aha yes, it did!!
Speaking of UIC, I got a package from Chicago just now and I was like omg UIC! (despite knowing that it was impossible that they'd sent my decision already). I ran all the way to the package place through the snow...and it was a bag full of birth control from CVS. :smack:

Aha yes, it did!!
Speaking of UIC, I got a package from Chicago just now and I was like omg UIC! (despite knowing that it was impossible that they'd sent my decision already). I ran all the way to the package place through the snow...and it was a bag full of birth control from CVS. :smack:

LOL! Maybe UIC sent it. Maybe they are about to admit you and want to make sure you don't get prego before arriving on campus.

And I was raised by a feminist, and consider myself a feminist like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
On to happy news, I was updating Iowa for final pool, so I decided to update any school left that took updates. I got an invite to Emory. It is probably just for a waitlist, but I don't care.
Congratulations on the interview. Looks like you are going all the way to the end.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile app

for some reason many think that feminism preaches that women are superior. It is all about equality. Yet again many people search for labels, many times not caring for what they truly mean, because they think that being associated to a larger group with decrease their overall social responsibility

If you guys haven't seen the movie Remote Area Medical (it's on Netflix), I highly recommend it. As someone who knows nothing about rural America, it was really eye opening.

I'm looking through these MCAT help threads and feel like I wouldn't be able to help that much because I've already forgotten so much of that MCAT info :inpain:

Reactions: 1 users
So for one of the schools I have been accepted to I have to fill out a brief survey with info about myself that will be sent to all other accepted students attending the second look weekend. At the bottom there's some blanks about things like hobbies and other favorite things. How professional do you guys think these have to be? I obviously wouldn't put anything bad or questionable, but kinda want to have a little fun with it so I don't sound super boring and uptight when other students are reading my profile, ya know?

So for one of the schools I have been accepted to I have to fill out a brief survey with info about myself that will be sent to all other accepted students attending the second look weekend. At the bottom there's some blanks about things like hobbies and other favorite things. How professional do you guys think these have to be? I obviously wouldn't put anything bad or questionable, but kinda want to have a little fun with it so I don't sound super boring and uptight when other students are reading my profile, ya know?
Have some fun.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile app

Proposed hobby answer: "I like to hide dead clowns in my basement"

Weird question, but do any of you guys know how to remove yourself from a Blackboard page? I keep getting emails and grades for a class I dropped before the semester started. I've emailed the professor but he never responded. It's getting really annoying.

Weird question, but do any of you guys know how to remove yourself from a Blackboard page? I keep getting emails and grades for a class I dropped before the semester started. I've emailed the professor but he never responded. It's getting really annoying.
Usually this happens automatically when you drop the class... There is a way to turn notifications off but this would happen for all classes and not just for the one you want. You can contact blackboard IT so they can fix the issue i guess. Sorry i couldn't be of more help :/

Usually this happens automatically when you drop the class... There is a way to turn notifications off but this would happen for all classes and not just for the one you want. You can contact blackboard IT so they can fix the issue i guess. Sorry i couldn't be of more help :/

Yeah I'm like 99.9% sure I dropped it, it says "Dropped" on the student information system. I dunno why this is happening. I might try contacting Blackboard, although someone told me that they'll just tell me they can't do anything and the professor has to handle it. But it's worth a try.
Thanks!

Well UT has started accepting off of hold.... Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Also, this is mheard92. Updated my username to preserve my anonymity.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users