The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Question for anyone who knows anything about apartments! If my housing agreement says that I cannot terminate my lease early, and I've already signed the lease, does that mean I can't even break the contract BEFORE I occupy the apartment?
This is a tricky question. You can usually get out with a penalty. Just gotta read the fine print.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook works too. You can talk to a couple people then meet them at second look and make decisions after that
Yeah it is definitely nice to have a couple contacts before the second look so yeah the facebook group is an invaluable resource

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

talk about nostalgia...this thread popped up as one of the shortcuts on my browser's homepage and I ended up reading though all the April-June posts.

How time flies..

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, is it coming to start scoping out roommates before and at second look?!? That's news to me.

I found my roommate a week ago haha. When I emailed an apartment complex asking if there were availabilities the lady gave me the email of a girl who was looking for a roommate and we met up and decided to live together!

I found my roommate a week ago haha. When I emailed an apartment complex asking if there were availabilities the lady gave me the email of a girl who was looking for a roommate and we met up and decided to live together!
That's awesome how that worked out I guess for us the fb and second look is the way to go. So no one is doing studio?

That's awesome how that worked out I guess for us the fb and second look is the way to go. So no one is doing studio?

I'm considering living by myself if I can afford it. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to afford it unless I want a 20 minute + commute. Then again, it might be worth it. I've had some bad experiences and heard roommate horror stories from others.

Do you for sure know where you're going to go, or just trying to find potential roommates at multiple second looks? I haven't even really thought about finding a roommate or living situation for next year, yet.

Yeah I've heard horror stories too and wondering if it's better to find roommates second year when I know people better.

Nope no closer to deciding where I want to go than I was like 2 months ago lol. And all the second looks are on the same weekend so I'm worried as that's like the only chance to meet potential roommates. What do you think you might end up doing?
Can I ask where you're deciding between? I really have no idea haha. I thought people usually figured housing out in like June but i might want to get on it now.

Low-key hoping to live with a kid from my undergrad who will likely be attending JHU as well...I think we will talk about it at second look haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Low-key hoping to live with a kid from my undergrad who will likely be attending JHU as well...I think we will talk about it at second look haha
Let me know if you need any suggestions on where to live. Lived here for 2 years.

So once my parents receive this year's tax info, do I just go back and correct any numbers that are out of date in the parental financial section? I want to make sure I know what I am doing before I make any changes to me FAFSA.

So once my parents receive this year's tax info, do I just go back and correct any numbers that are out of date in the parental financial section? I want to make sure I know what I am doing before I make any changes to me FAFSA.
That's what I was planning to do. Do I need to update it before the deadline for my school?

Yay I got invited to Phi Beta Kappa!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile
Congrats! I also got invited but it was 85 dollars so I wasn't planning on doing it. So I talked to my mom on the phone and I casually mentioned this and she straight up yelled at me for not doing it. She then sent me a passive aggressive email with a list of nobel laureates and presidents and supreme court justices who were part of it and then said she would pay the fee just so i could do it. So w/e i guess!

Also happy St Paddy's everyone

Reactions: 2 users
What are the criteria/requirement for PBK at your schools? I have no idea at mind so I just accepted Phi Kappa Phi instead last year.

Last edited:
Wow it was only $60 for me!
They didn't tell me what the requirements were, they just said: "On the basis of your outstanding academic achievement in liberal arts and sciences at Case Western Reserve University and your having met high standards of personal conduct and academic integrity, the Alpha of Ohio chapter of PhiBetaKappa at Case Western Reserve University invites you to become a member of PhiBetaKappa, America's oldest and most prestigious academic honor society. You are among a group of only ten juniors, fifty-one graduating seniors, and six recent August and January graduates meriting this distinction."

Just checked and I'm not eligible because PBK is only offered in one college at my school and I'm not in it. Weird.

Congrats!
Wow it was only $60 for me!
They didn't tell me what the requirements were, they just said: "On the basis of your outstanding academic achievement in liberal arts and sciences at Case Western Reserve University and your having met high standards of personal conduct and academic integrity, the Alpha of Ohio chapter of PhiBetaKappa at Case Western Reserve University invites you to become a member of PhiBetaKappa, America's oldest and most prestigious academic honor society. You are among a group of only ten juniors, fifty-one graduating seniors, and six recent August and January graduates meriting this distinction."

So I know most schools have an April 1st deadline for financial aid and on FAFSA you can upload your IRS info automatically, but apparently I filed my taxes too recently to have this work. Do you guys think just everything else is due by APril 1st, then? I'm confused on the timeline and the financial aid office I contacted hasn't gotten back to me.

I'm taking a long hiatus from sdn, don't know if I'll really be back in this thread again. It's been great sharing this journey with all of you. Here's a video to keep in mind as we progress through our careers, hope you all have great ones!

Reactions: 5 users
I've decided on Indiana! Now I only have a few months to start following basketball and figure out what a Hoosier is. Hello, Indy!

Reactions: 5 users
Just was informed of a pretty bad wait list rank at Wisconsin, so basically all but certain I'm heading to WashU! Honestly kind of relieved to just have a firm grasp of my entire picture now.

Reactions: 3 users
I've decided on Indiana! Now I only have a few months to start following basketball and figure out what a Hoosier is. Hello, Indy!
You may see me there! Just waiting on financial aid package from Loyola, but will most likely end up in Indiana. Did you pick Indy for your campus? I ranked Indy, Northwest, South Bend.

You may see me there! Just waiting on financial aid package from Loyola, but will most likely end up in Indiana. Did you pick Indy for your campus? I ranked Indy, Northwest, South Bend.

I'm MD/PhD, so I'll be in Indy!

Haha well I still haven't heard back from UIC post-interview.
Where are you deciding between?
Would you consider Illinois over Cinci? Right now its between WashU and MCW. Pretty different schools I know, but right now the financial aspect is huge between the two and it's killing me waiting to see if I get improved aid at WashU.

Would you consider Illinois over Cinci? Right now its between WashU and MCW. Pretty different schools I know, but right now the financial aspect is huge between the two and it's killing me waiting to see if I get improved aid at WashU.

I would only consider Illinois over Cinci if they gave me $$.
Wow haha those are two very different schools. Did MCW give you like full tuition?