****The Official Midwestern University-Arizona Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

IwillCombust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Luck to everyone applying to Midwestern Arizona.

** Supplemental was requested (6/23/2014) by an officer today.
I submitted my application on 06/16/2014. All documents provided. Verification on 06/20/2014.

Again- Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received the supplemental from some schools already including MWU-Ill but I have yet to receive the supp from MWU-AZ. My buddy received his a couple days after his GPA was verified. I submitted 6/5 and was verified 6/18, have everything in and going to be mailed out the 27th... Weird

Anybody else with their GPA verified not hear from here yet?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else with their GPA verified not here from here yet?
My GPA is verified but I don't have all of my letters uploaded yet, not sure if that is why

Me as well, got the one for MW-IL over a week ago but nothing from AZ yet.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

I don't have letters in and I haven't heard anything yet. Everything was verified on the 18th and my app will be "mailed" on the 27th

I have all my letters in and GPA verified ..mail out 27th and haven't heard anything! But heard from MWU-Ill soo idk! :thinking:

Everyone who's gotten the request get your supplements in NOW--I got the request Thursday, submitted Sunday night, and received an interview request this morning. First interview!!!!! Who else has one?

Edited to add: My letters haven't even been sent yet.

Everyone who's gotten the request get your supplements in NOW--I got the request Thursday, submitted Sunday night, and received an interview request this morning. First interview!!!!! Who else has one?

This morning as in Monday or Tuesday? It's still early Tuesday here haha :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuesday at 2 am my time! So I guess it's automated? That's midnight Arizona time

whats your stats if you don't mind sharing

Yikes, haven't heard anything back......cue self-loathing.

I'm second batch, submitted secondary this Sunday. Were you folks with the interviews first batch?

I just submitted my secondary. My app was first batch. I will let you all know if I get any updates, but my stats probably aren't worthy of an interview that quickly...

I got interview invite as well! Around 1 AM PST. First batch. Submitted Secondary on saturday.

When is your interview date?!

I'm from ky, 20 AA/20 TS/19 PAT, 3.72 oGPA, 3.59 sGPA, so nothing too stellar. I was second batch but my GPA missed verification for first batch by like an hour. My interview is September 9th! Kinda bummed because the 2nd was available when I first logged on but I missed it. Oh well!

-___-...
I submitted my secondary on Friday the 27th of June. Everything was verified before hand. Hopefully, I hear from them...

Last edited:
Oh man, now I'm all worried MWU-AZ doesn't like me.

I wouldn't be worried yet! It's still so early :)

Received an email for an interview invite as well. First batch, and submitted my supplemental app on Saturday. No crazy stats over here either, 20 AA/20 TS/20 PAT, 3.3 GPA, OOS

I got an invite as well! Interviewing Sep 9th!
oGPA: 3.54
sGPA: 3.46
AA:20
PAT: 22
OOS

Congrats! Were you first batch??
Second! I didn't receive an e-mail but I logged onto the MWU online portal to check if all of my letters were checked off of the checklist and then I checked the "Interview Scheduling" tab and it said that I had an interview to schedule. I'm assuming I didn't get the e-mail because they're sent at midnight, but I got a confirmation e-mail after scheduling my interview.

Second! I didn't receive an e-mail but I logged onto the MWU online portal to check if all of my letters were checked off of the checklist and then I checked the "Interview Scheduling" tab and it said that I had an interview to schedule. I'm assuming I didn't get the e-mail because they're sent at midnight, but I got a confirmation e-mail after scheduling my interview.
I checked my portal and got an invite too! Yay :)

all these interview invites are making me nervous.....

Got an interview!!! No email, just on my portal!

Is it weird to split a hotel with someone interviewing the same day? I'm trying to cut the costs of this trip as much as possible.

Does that mean anyone who was first batch and didn't receive an interview was looked over since a couple second batch applicants got interviews?

I'm starting to worry that's the case......

I'm dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.......

Where did you guys check on your portal to see if you got an interview? I submitted mine Sunday 6/29.

I mean do you guys mean the AADSAS application website or the Midwestern website?

I keep going back like it will change any minute. But alas.

Hey everyone,

First off, I want to say good luck with this cycle! Secondly, I just wanted to put my name out there to say I'm available for any questions you guys may have to help you prepare for your interview! I won't be attending as a D1 this coming fall, but I did interview last year and did get accepted, so hopefully I can help out as much as possible.

I know the emotional roller coaster you guys are going to go through these next couple months, so just here to help.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Hey everyone,

First off, I want to say good luck with this cycle! Secondly, I just wanted to put my name out there to say I'm available for any questions you guys may have to help you prepare for your interview! I won't be attending as a D1 this coming fall, but I did interview last year and did get accepted, so hopefully I can help out as much as possible.

I know the emotional roller coaster you guys are going to go through these next couple months, so just here to help.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Hey thank you so much! I would PM you but I feel like this question would be beneficial for everyone.. What was the general interview style like? Like was it more laidback, any special type of questioning format etc? Thanks :)

Everything was really standard, and the interviewers were super chill/laid back (esp. Dr. Polk, who I had). The questions they asked were all very standard (why dentistry, why Midwestern, tell me about yourself, etc.), and of course they had the "Do you have any questions for me?" segment. They even had a student sit next to the faculty who was interviewing you; I'm pretty sure they were just there to make you more comfortable during the interview. Overall, tbh it was one of the more casual interviews I had. Before we even started, Dr. Polk was even like, "Please, unbutton your suit, sit down, make yourself comfortable and at home."

There was only one curveball question, but he even said that it was 'off the books' and was just a random question he wanted to know the answer to.

All in all, you could tell they were trying to make it seem like a casual conversation more than anything. Definitely a good "first" interview to go to to get all the butterflies out.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interview! Anyone know the timing of the interview? I am hoping to fly out that night so I am hoping my interview doesn't take up too much of the day.

You should receive a confirmation email that gives you the times.

Do you receive an email notifying you about the interview or do you need to log in and review your status?

Gave MWU-AZ a call today just to see where I stood. Not being invited for an interview "at this time." Don't know if that means rejection but hey, close enough.

Gave MWU-AZ a call today just to see where I stood. Not being invited for an interview "at this time." Don't know if that means rejection but hey, close enough.

It does not mean rejection, Midwestern is usually upfront about it. You may get an interview at a later time.

Well, better than a rejection at least! I shall remain here in limbo.