****The Official Midwestern University-Arizona Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

No call yet buuuuut my MWU portal updated this morning with the 1k fee and transcript requirements. :)
Interview was 10/23, last name starts with A, from the Midwest. I interviewed at several different places and this school is definitely one of my top choices.

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: GOT THE EMAIL. IM OFFICIALLY INNNNN!!!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I called them and they said they have not made a decision yet on my application and they will let me know by the end of the week. So there is still hope! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how they let you know you're waitlisted? Haven't heard anything yet. Interviewed back in October.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i just got an email from Roseman saying I need to call the admissions office at my earliest opportunity... did anyone else get this email?

Those that received offers, what are your thoughts on the school and do you think you'll attend here? I'm oddly deciding between here and the University of Minnesota (OS). Feel free to message me or reply here! Thanks!

Those that received offers, what are your thoughts on the school and do you think you'll attend here? I'm oddly deciding between here and the University of Minnesota (OS). Feel free to message me or reply here! Thanks!
Having trouble finding a reason to spend an extra 120k on tuition here. thought for sure I was going here until I got to the interview and right beside the 66k tuition it said +11k clinical fees and other things that brought the total to 80k

Reactions: 1 user
I called them and they said they have not made a decision yet on my application and they will let me know by the end of the week. So there is still hope! ;)
You think that applies to everyone that hasnt heard anything yet or you specifically?

I got an email yesterday @ 2:30pm. No phone call. I didn't know what school it was until I googled the person's name and phone number since the email did not state where it was from. Portal didn't change until I called in and was informed that I emailed the admissions in regards to my withdrawal of my application, which I did not. So if anybody did not have their portal updated -and was accepted through email/phone call- , make sure to call the admissions office.

Last edited:
I got an email yesterday @ 2:30pm. No phone call. I didn't know what school it was until I googled the person's name and phone number since the email did not state where it was from. Portal didn't change until I called in and was informed that I emailed the admissions in regards to my withdrawal of my application, which I did not. So if anybody did not have their portal updated, make sure to call the admissions office.
What?! That's super weird...

I was so impressed by this school when I interviewed... I mean the dean gave us a personal tour of the clinic how cool is that? I agree it's crazy expensive, but I think they really pride themselves in taking good care of their students. The other thing that really stood out to me was how the Dean expected his instructors to have an open door policy and treat their students as capable, intelligent equals. I really couldn't name anything I didn't like about this school. It wasn't my top choice but after interviewing I was pretty wowed.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I fell in love with this school. It is really expensive but i know they will give me the best education possible. they are really dedicated to their students and getting everyone as much experience as possible.

Anyone considering the military to pay for school? I was always told cost should be the main deciding factor in choosing schools. At 75k a year...well yeah. That is a lot of money accruing interest while the base salary is somewhere at 90-110k for new graduates. Are we going to get that much more experience and top of the line equipment to make up for the difference...sometimes the best education does not equate to the best salaries especially when we will all hold the same license.

Anyone considering the military to pay for school? I was always told cost should be the main deciding factor in choosing schools. At 75k a year...well yeah. That is a lot of money accruing interest while the base salary is somewhere at 90-110k for new graduates. Are we going to get that much more experience and top of the line equipment to make up for the difference...Sometimes the best education does not equate the best salary, especially when we will all have the same license.

It's more than 75k a year. 75k is w/o including any expenses for room, board, transportation, and food.

I just got a notification that I am wait listed for an interview. So brutal truth, does that not look good?

Did they call you to tell you or was it an email?
I got a letter in the mail 3 weeks prior saying you are considered in the competitive bracket. Then I called the admissions office and asked my status. They notified of the changes. The admission counselor said if I get an interview, it would be March.

It's more than 75k a year. 75k is w/o including any expenses for room, board, transportation, and food.
i dont know about you guys, but my "in state" option takes only 8 people and i havent heard back from them. so im looking at really high cost no matter what. I did a little research and looking at the student budget that Midwestern sets is 107,642. ASDOH student budget is 106,641. basically they equal out when all expenses are included.
I personally believe that the increase in cost is not as much as it initially looks like. i think i will leave here able to do more complicated procedures (which bring in $$$) and i will be able to work more efficiently

Just put down my deposit :) Can't wait to meet everyone at orientation!

Reactions: 4 users
Can we make a facebook page!

I have an interview in January! What should I expect? I have heard nothing but GREAT things, like they are laid back and you feel pretty comfortable. What is everyone's input?!

I have an interview in January! What should I expect? I have heard nothing but GREAT things, like they are laid back and you feel pretty comfortable. What is everyone's input?!
the interview is really easy. be yourself and it will go great. :) enjoy your time

Super easy Dr Polk is awesome! I heard Zais isn't as laid back but still really nice!

Be prepared to answer why MWU. I know some people during their interviews were asked several times. Make sure you have questions to ask as well

The interview was very relaxed, I had Dr. Zais and the interview itself was informative and relaxed. Just know why MWU. The interview felt very short, they really didn't have a lot of questions for me so be prepared to ask your own questions or just chat. Its honestly noting to stress about.

Super easy Dr Polk is awesome! I heard Zais isn't as laid back but still really nice!
This is true. I didn't think my interview with Dr. Zais didn't go that great, but apparently he thought otherwise. He asked me why MWU should accept me, multiple times, which made me think I didn't answer it adequately.

This is true. I didn't think my interview with Dr. Zais didn't go that great, but apparently he thought otherwise. He asked me why MWU should accept me, multiple times, which made me think I didn't answer it adequately.

Same here. But with him, it really is just you asking him questions. So prepare alot of them.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I meant to write on this thread much earlier, but if anyone is coming for an interview I live right down the street from the school and would love to host anyone who wants to stay close by- hotels can get expensive. If I have the time, I can show you around as well. PM me if you have any questions about anything!

Does anyone know how much longer MWU will offer interviews?

Wow, this school moves quickly.

I decided to add MWU (along with 4 other schools) last minute on Dec 10. Received confirmation from MWU the same day, filled out my supplemental, and paid the fee. Today I was invited to schedule an interview and went with the week of Jan 12. The other 4 schools haven't even reported that they received my application yet.

Anyway, I've been reading terrific things about the school and am excited to visit, despite the price of tuition.

Last edited:

I decided to add MWU (along with 4 other schools) last minute on Dec 10. Received confirmation from MWU the same day, filled out my supplemental, and paid the fee. Today I was invited to schedule an interview and went with Jan 12. The other 4 schools haven't even reported that they received my application yet.

This is actually my first interview invitation. I haven't heard much back from the schools I applied to in October. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I've been reading terrific things about the school and am excited to visit, despite the high cost of tuition.
I loved the school.

I decided to add MWU (along with 4 other schools) last minute on Dec 10. Received confirmation from MWU the same day, filled out my supplemental, and paid the fee. Today I was invited to schedule an interview and went with Jan 12. The other 4 schools haven't even reported that they received my application yet.

This is actually my first interview invitation. I haven't heard much back from the schools I applied to in October. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I've been reading terrific things about the school and am excited to visit, despite the high cost of tuition.

This school and Nova have been really on the ball this past couple of years. The first ones to send interviews and rejections.

Hey guys, I just took my DAT exactly one week ago and I also updated my unofficial score with the school on the same day. Do I need to update anything on my AADEA application or it will automatically send my score to all designated school? I actually sent my primary application on October 15th.

Hey guys, I just took my DAT exactly one week ago and I also updated my unofficial score with the school on the same day. Do I need to update anything on my AADEA application or it will automatically send my score to all designated school? I actually sent my primary application on October 15th.
Nope, just sit back and try not to have a heart attack waiting. Is there a reason why you took it so late though?

Nope, just sit back and try not to have a heart attack waiting. Is there a reason why you took it so late though?
Thanks! And yes, I had some personal matters going on that's why I applied so late.

Hey guys in on the interview waitlist, do u think I still have a chance at this school?

Hey guys in on the interview waitlist, do u think I still have a chance at this school?

Of course! There will be many people who will drop their acceptance to go to their state school because the tuition at MWU scares them away. I know of one in our class that got the call in March of their acceptance after someone dropped their MWU acceptance. There is still hope!!!

I declined my acceptance to this school, so that's at least one more spot open.

Reactions: 1 users
Of course! There will be many people who will drop their acceptance to go to their state school because the tuition at MWU scares them away. I know of one in our class that got the call in March of their acceptance after someone dropped their MWU acceptance. There is still hope!!!
Hopefully, I really want to be out in Arizona

Hey F4532,

I know a lot of people who were your exact same situation a year ago. They got that letter and still got into Midwestern. Don't worry you still have a chance. I would start by contacting the school if you havent already. Have you contacted them recently?
Hey man thanks! I contacted them in regards to my grade update for this semester, but that happened like 2 weeks ago. I just sent another email just to check up on the admission process, and see how everything is going with my application. I am probably going to stop bothering them lol. What do u suggest I do at this point?