****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

MBlue16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I referred this thread a lot last year and it was very helpful.

I will be starting at MWU-IL this fall. So, I figured I would pay it forward by being here to assist incoming students.

Good luck, guys!

Cheers!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just finished my supplement today! So excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is their supplemental just a fee or is it essays?

I submitted both applications really early and received an e-mail that my application is complete and under review... but I am planning on re-taking the DAT July 8. Did I just screw myself over? I was notified that they don't put apps on hold :/

I submitted both applications really early and received an e-mail that my application is complete and under review... but I am planning on re-taking the DAT July 8. Did I just screw myself over? I was notified that they don't put apps on hold :/

Did you mention in your AADSAS that you are retaking the DAT? (by filling out the "Future DAT score date") If you did, you should contact the school and ask them to hold the application. You can argue that you did notify them about future DAT retake.

Yes I did fill out the Future DAT score date on my AADSAS and was still told this..

"Please keep in mind that MWU does not hold applications. As long as a final decision is not made prior to your new scores being received, they will be included with your file for consideration."

Oh, there you go...

That just means that they are continuously evaluating the application until they reject/ accept/ waitlist you. Any update, including your new DAT score will be automatically taken into consideration as they become available to them. However, notifying them about the upcoming DAT and let them know that you just completed the test may be a good idea.

Just for your reference: I completed my first and secondary application in September. I sent them an update letter (telling them about my recent achievement) in January and got invited for interview a few days after that. That suggested that they probably changed their mind into giving me a chance after my update.

TL;DR: They will automatically take your new DAT score into consideration.

Did you only have to mail $50 to them (and what's their address) and complete the essay online? The reason why I'm asking is that I'll be travelling outside the US on Monday and will ask my uncle to mail the documents to the school. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you only have to mail $50 to them (and what's their address) and complete the essay online? The reason why I'm asking is that I'll be travelling outside the US on Monday and will ask my uncle to mail the documents to the school. Thanks in advance!
You submit the fee online after completing the supplemental application. I didn't have to mail them anything

As a first batch, if we didn't get an interview by now, is that mean either reject or waitlist?

As a first batch, if we didn't get an interview by now, is that mean either reject or waitlist?

I don't think MWU-IL has given out interviews yet. However, MWU-AZ has and I would think that if you were first batch and you submitted your supp app a while ago that you would have had your app shelved until the new year (not necessarily waitlisted or denied). Go ahead and give them a call. It seems like other people have done that and the school (MWU-AZ) has been pretty clear on where your app stands.

Give them a call. I am second batch and received an email July 3 stating my app was complete. I called a couple of days ago and was told that my app was up for review. I'm hoping to get an email soon with the interview invite

Give them a call. I am second batch and received an email July 3 stating my app was complete. I called a couple of days ago and was told that my app was up for review. I'm hoping to get an email soon with the interview invite

Are you talking about Midwestern IL? If you're talking about AZ, you most likely won't get an email (I didn't) it will just appear on your portal.

AZ, I've been checking the portal way too often, haha

Any news from here as of late?

I've literally checked this thread and the portal more then twice a day its killing meeeeeeeee

Me too! I've seen people find out about interviews (MWU-AZ) from emails and just by checking their portal.

Yeahh same here.. I looked through last year's thread and people didnt get interviews until early September

MBlue16 can you please offer me you expertise? Check you inbox. Thanks

I was just going to post if anyone has heard anything yet. Guess the previous two posts answer that question. Congrats!

Got an email today (9/3) and scheduled it for 10/23!

Interview invite!!! Yayaya

Congrats to those of you with interviews! Would you all mind posting stats??

Interview! so how are you guys getting there??

Fifth interview here! I'm about 2.5 hours away, so I'll be driving.

I'm flying :( to say I'm broke at this point would be a gross understatement.

man the flight from tennessee to chicago is like $600

man the flight from tennessee to chicago is like $600

What!? To drive from Memphis to Chicago is just under 8hrs, and that's the Google estimate, and I can't imagine anywhere else in Tennessee being much different in terms of drive time. I only live 3hrs from Chicago but if I lived in Tennessee I think I would save the money and just drive. But if you have a busy class schedule or can't get that much time off work (3 days) then I guess you have no choice.

What!? To drive from Memphis to Chicago is just under 8hrs, and that's the Google estimate, and I can't imagine anywhere else in Tennessee being much different in terms of drive time. I only live 3hrs from Chicago but if I lived in Tennessee I think I would save the money and just drive. But if you have a busy class schedule or can't get that much time off work (3 days) then I guess you have no choice.

I'll drive, just found on the interview date is during fall break lol

good luck to all of you with interview invites! we will see you there ;)

I got email today. Just wonder, anyone interview on Oct 21?

Hi,
Can I know when you guys who received interview invitations got the application complete email? Thanks

I also received an interview invite yesterday, 9/3, and got my application complete e-mail on the 17th of July.

Darn... I just realized I probably won't be receiving an interview invite for MWU, just saw on their site they don't accept my survey of anatomy and physiology course for their anatomy pre req. :( just gonna wait on the rejection now haha =/

If we didn't get an invite yesterday... does it mean that it's all overrrrrrr? D:

I also received an interview invite yesterday, 9/3, and got my application complete e-mail on the 17th of July.
Thanks for the reply, would you mind sharing your stats with me? You can on me if you'd like. Thanks!

Hi,
Can I know when you guys who received interview invitations got the application complete email? Thanks
I received the interview invite yesterday 9/3 (around 3pm). My application complete 7th of August.

Good luck to all who got invited this early. You're in luck! you may just miss the snow :).

For the rest who are waiting to hear back from them, keep your heads up! It's still early to say that you're out of the game (my interview was in February and I got in just fine :))

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the reply, would you mind sharing your stats with me? You can on me if you'd like. Thanks!

No problem! 19/18/18 PAT that I took last summer and 3.67 overall/3.54 science undergrad and I just started taking graduate classes this summer.. not that they have that transcript yet or anything!

I would love to hear from this school!! Trying to stay patient. Congrats all!

No problem! 19/18/18 PAT that I took last summer and 3.67 overall/3.54 science undergrad and I just started taking graduate classes this summer.. not that they have that transcript yet or anything!
Thanks for your stats! Would you know what dates are left for the interviews?