****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Thanks for your stats! Would you know what dates are left for the interviews?

I had the option of October 14, 16, 21 and 23.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all who got invited this early. You're in luck! you may just miss the snow :).

For the rest who are waiting to hear back from them, keep your heads up! It's still early to say that you're out of the game (my interview was in February and I got in just fine :))

I was just wonder, how many applicants were there during your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wonder, how many applicants were there during your interview?

There will be 16 applicants in every interview. The number doesn't change because of the interview system they have there (2 groups x 8 mini interviews/group)

There will be 16 applicants in every interview. The number doesn't change because of the interview system they have there (2 groups x 8 mini interviews/group)

Can you give us a little more input on how interview day was like?

It was probably the most enjoyable interview session I have ever been to.

The interview started in the morning in a small meeting room (remember, there were only 16 interviewee). You will get to meet and talk to fellow interviewee before the whole thing begins, which is really nice. This is a good opportunity to loosen your muscles and get comfortable.

Then, there were some presentations by the dean and some other faculty. After the presentations, we were divided into 2 groups. The first group did the mini interviews and the other group stayed in the room. There were 2 upperclassmen in the room to gave us a tour around campus and answer our questions. After the first group was done, we switched.

A bit about the mini interviews: There were 8 stations (3 interview stations - 1 rest station - 3 more interview stations - 1 more rest station). You will be answering questions from faculty in those 6 interview stations for 7 minutes each, then you move on to the next station.

After the interview, went to the cafeteria for lunch. Some D1s took us there and stayed with us to, again, answer more questions.

After lunch, we went to the clinic, which is about 10 minutes away from campus. We had 1-2 hours tour at the clinic and was taken back to campus afterward.

That's pretty much it. :)

Reactions: 2 users
It was probably the most enjoyable interview session I have ever been to.

The interview started in the morning in a small meeting room (remember, there were only 16 interviewee). You will get to meet and talk to fellow interviewee before the whole thing begins, which is really nice. This is a good opportunity to loosen your muscles and get comfortable.

Then, there were some presentations by the dean and some other faculty. After the presentations, we were divided into 2 groups. The first group did the mini interviews and the other group stayed in the room. There were 2 upperclassmen in the room to gave us a tour around campus and answer our questions. After the first group was done, we switched.

A bit about the mini interviews: There were 8 stations (3 interview stations - 1 rest station - 3 more interview stations - 1 more rest station). You will be answering questions from faculty in those 6 interview stations for 7 minutes each, then you move on to the next station.

After the interview, went to the cafeteria for lunch. Some D1s took us there and stayed with us to, again, answer more questions.

After lunch, we went to the clinic, which is about 10 minutes away from campus. We had 1-2 hours tour at the clinic and was taken back to campus afterward.

That's pretty much it. :)

Awesome! Thanks for that detailed explanation! Seems like you did have a great interview experience! What did they ask/how many questions at each station?

Awesome! Thanks for that detailed explanation! Seems like you did have a great interview experience! What did they ask/how many questions at each station?

You're welcome. The questions are quite general. Mostly, they want to see how mature/ professional you are (I'm not sure if I can post the exact questions here, but I'm sure you can find some info online).

Reactions: 1 users
You're welcome. The questions are quite general. Mostly, they want to see how mature/ professional you are (I'm not sure if I can post the exact questions here, but I'm sure you can find some info online).

Did they ask you questions from your personal statement and secondary application?

Did they ask you questions from your personal statement and secondary application?

Nope. They're all some kind of ethical/ critical thinking questions. Like, real life cases.

I was contacted for the supplemental and I was just wondering, is this campus related to the Arizona campus in any way? Because I heard from this campus pretty quickly but still nothing from the Arizona campus so far. My application was mailed out pretty recently though, so if anyone applied to both can let me know, that would be great :)

I was contacted for the supplemental and I was just wondering, is this campus related to the Arizona campus in any way? Because I heard from this campus pretty quickly but still nothing from the Arizona campus so far. My application was mailed out pretty recently though, so if anyone applied to both can let me know, that would be great :)
I applied to both and got an interview for MWU Arizona but have not heard from MWU Illinois yet. My app for Illinois was sent to the committee last week though. Arizona sent an invitation 4 days after my app went under review so it was actually pretty quick. The secretaries for both schools are wonderful and very pleasant to talk to so I suggest you just ring up Arizona and ask for an update. Bear in mind this is the peak month for selection so maybe we just need to have a little patience.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many interviews do the Midwesterns give out?

last year I believe it was something near 410 for Arizona.

So out of a class of 140 students those with interviews have about a 34% percent chance of acceptance for MWU-AZ :shrug:

no, the normally give out 200 and something acceptances knowing that not all will put down a deposit.

Well, when I was interviewing with them, the lady at the admissions office said that they interviewed 16 applicants twice a week starting in October up until March. They did not do interviews on December tho. So... 5 months * 4 weeks/ month * 2 interviews/ week * 16 applicants/ interview = 640. However, I think I'm overestimating the calculation. I believe, the number is actually closer to 500.

Please take this with a grain of salt tho.

It's been about a week. Any recent news?

Nope..........................

What are the pros and cons for attending MWU-IL from your own experience?

My opinion may be a bit biased, because I go to this school lol. But, based on my experience so far, I love the school.
I went to other schools for interviews, but I think MWU-IL is the best among them (and thus why I decided to go here).

What I like (impressions at the interview):
1. Friendly and happy staff and students. You can definitely feel how friendly and happy they are at the interview. Everyone was very easy to talk to and all of them seems to be very enthusiastic about the school. Yes, other schools I interviewed at displayed similar friendliness, but imho, MWU-IL showed the most genuine excitement about the school.

2. State of the art technology. They also have really good looking clinic. It is damn nice.

3. Low student : staff ratio. I believe, it is about 6:1

4. There is no specialty program, meaning: we get to work with more procedures, because we are not competing with specialty students to find patients.

5. Being a school with different health disciplines, they can offer interprofessional study.

6. I love the 4 seasons they have in midwest.

7. Downers Grove is a good place to stay. It's close enough to Chicago, but far enough to be away from the traffic and other distractions. In addition, the living cost is relatively cheap (especially when compared to places like LA and NY).

8. Even though it is a new program, I have the confidence that they will be great. I really think that they have what it takes to be successful.

What I don't like:
1. Not much experience. As I said earlier, it is a new program. Thus, we do not really know about the quality of the graduates. However, again, it does look like that they know what they are doing, especially since they have had the other health programs for a long time now.

2. The clinic is not located at the campus. It's about 10 minutes drive.

3. No specialty program.

4. Snow.

5. I am not quite sure about this, but I don't think they offer the same research opportunity as schools like UCLA or Michigan. But, they do offer some research opportunity.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
My opinion may be a bit biased, because I go to this school lol. But, based on my experience so far, I love the school.
I went to other schools for interviews, but I think MWU-IL is the best among them (and thus why I decided to go here).

What I like (impressions at the interview):
1. Friendly and happy staff and students. You can definitely feel how friendly and happy they are at the interview. Everyone was very easy to talk to and all of them seems to be very enthusiastic about the school. Yes, other schools I interviewed at displayed similar friendliness, but imho, MWU-IL showed the most genuine excitement about the school.

2. State of the art technology. They also have really good looking clinic. It is damn nice.

3. Low student : staff ratio. I believe, it is about 6:1

4. There is no specialty program, meaning: we get to work with more procedures, because we are not competing with specialty students to find patients.

5. Being a school with different health disciplines, they can offer interprofessional study.

6. I love the 4 seasons they have in midwest.

7. Downers Grove is a good place to stay. It's close enough to Chicago, but far enough to be away from the traffic and other distractions. In addition, the living cost is relatively cheap (especially when compared to places like LA and NY).

8. Even though it is a new program, I have the confidence that they will be great. I really think that they have what it takes to be successful.

What I don't like:
1. Not much experience. As I said earlier, it is a new program. Thus, we do not really know about the quality of the graduates. However, again, it does look like that they know what they are doing, especially since they have had the other health programs for a long time now.

2. The clinic is not located at the campus. It's about 10 minutes drive.

3. No specialty program.

4. Snow.

5. I am not quite sure about this, but I don't think they offer the same research opportunity as schools like UCLA or Michigan. But, they do offer some research opportunity.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
First of all, thank you for the valuable information. Secondly, I'm curious about points 3 and 4. Can you tell me more about them? Did you mean small class number? if so how is this helpful?
And what did you mean by "we are not competing with specialty students to find patients"? Are there more dental procedures to do?

#3= that means we have a good number of faculty to cover the students. Thus, they can dedicate more time for each student.

#4= Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how it will be at the clinic, because I have yet to work there. But, I believe by not having specialty programs in the school, we will have more chance to work on those harder cases. Check out what people had to say about this here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ams-at-your-dental-school-good-or-bad.887031/

#3= that means we have a good number of faculty to cover the students. Thus, they can dedicate more time for each student.

#4= Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how it will be at the clinic, because I have yet to work there. But, I believe by not having specialty programs in the school, we will have more chance to work on those harder cases. Check out what people had to say about this here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ams-at-your-dental-school-good-or-bad.887031/
Thank you :)

Does the clinic of Midwestern Dental School in Downers Grove provide any dental care for the underserved people of Chicago? is there any advantage of going to this clinic?

Not quite Chicago, but close enough. The clinic is located at west suburb of Chicago.

I suggest you to contact the clinic if you are interested to know more about it. Unfortunately, this is one thing I haven't had much exposure to.

Not quite Chicago, but close enough. The clinic is located at west suburb of Chicago.

I suggest you to contact the clinic if you are interested to know more about it. Unfortunately, this is one thing I haven't had much exposure to.

Haha, that's cool. I already turned in my secondary application. I checked their website and got all the information I needed. Thank you though :)

Just a little curious, why is MWU choose to DMD tittle over DDS?

IMO there is a level of prestige that comes with the DMD. Probably because DMD is closer to MD than DDS. It is all rather ridiculous though. Since DDS and DMD are the exact same thing, I don't understand why it isn't changed to be uniform among schools.

I am feeling very strongly about MIDWESTERN-Illinois because they have given me my first, and so far, only interview invite :).

I am interviewing in about a week, Oct 14, so please if anyone has any advice for me on how to prepare and what I should expect please let me know! It's my only interview so far and I need to do great!

-Fellow Pre-Dent :highfive:

I am feeling very strongly about MIDWESTERN-Illinois because they have given me my first, and so far, only interview invite :).

I am interviewing in about a week, Oct 14, so please if anyone has any advice for me on how to prepare and what I should expect please let me know! It's my only interview so far and I need to do great!

congrats. let us know how your interview goes.

I think Utah is the only school out of the last dozen to pen that went with DDS. I'm not sure why it's the 'new thing'. Perhaps the 'new' approach to dentistry (although all schools would adopt the same modern philosophies...if any). Although we all will do the exact same thing and likely from the same approach (so, basically nothing new about it that one school is doing that another may not be doing), maybe they just like the whole 'medicine' over 'surgery' thing in the name. Trivial. It does, after all, have a trivial origin.

Has anyone recieved an invite recently? Seems like a lot were sent out in early August and it's been pretty silent since then.

Is there a shuttle or bus service that brings you to the clinics? Or do you need to drive?

There will be a shuttle bus taking you to the clinic and back.

Just wonder, how was your interview experience? Did you like the school and clinic?

Does anyone know how many interviews have been conducted already?

Just wonder, how was your interview experience? Did you like the school and clinic?

I have interviewed there as well and I absolutely loved it. Everyone was friendly and their curriculum seemed pretty well structured having a 97% first time pass rate for the boards! The facilities were oh so nice and big! For me the interview felt pretty relaxed, I actually enjoyed the questions they were asking me and the group that was interviewing with me was pretty awesome too! My whole experience there was amazing! The only negative I would say is that the clinic isn't on the actual campus, but like 5-10 minutes away!

I have interviewed there as well and I absolutely loved it. Everyone was friendly and their curriculum seemed pretty well structured having a 97% first time pass rate for the boards! The facilities were oh so nice and big! For me the interview felt pretty relaxed, I actually enjoyed the questions they were asking me and the group that was interviewing with me was pretty awesome too! My whole experience there was amazing! The only negative I would say is that the clinic isn't on the actual campus, but like 5-10 minutes away!.

Congratulations! Can you please tell me when did you submit your secondary application? and when did you receive your invitation to the interview?

Best of luck!

Hey guys, does a person with 3.4 ogpa, 3.2 sgpa stand a chance? With average shadowing, volunteering and extracurriculars. The reason for the low gpa is a semester full of math and science classes with 18 credits. Im working for the dat, and hoping for high scores, like 25 or close.

Ace that DAT and you will be fine. The average GPA of the class of 2015 is 3.41. I don't know what the average GPA for the class of 2018 (the most recent one) is. But, I believe you will have a good chance, pretty much everywhere, if you have a 25 DAT.

Are they still giving out interviews? Or was Oct 23rd the last one...

Are they still giving out interviews? Or was Oct 23rd the last one...
Is that really the last interview? I don't understand why school's would allow AADSAS applications to be turned in much later (Jan 1st for MWU) if interviews are finished by October?

Is that really the last interview? I don't understand why school's would allow AADSAS applications to be turned in much later (Jan 1st for MWU) if interviews are finished by October?

I can't say much about this year's interview. But last year, the interview went to March and the invitations went out until February. However, they did take a break from interview in November - December.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. But, you should call the office if you really want to know.

Probably not. The supplementary application alone has a March deadline.

Other side of the coin is that maybe the admissions loved each candidate they interviewed and accepted all 130 seats.

Hey everyone i have a question. On my aadsas application for my spring 2015 classes i wasnt sure what science electives to take so i put down 2 that i was thinking of taking. but since this school as well as others require anatomy, i am taking anatomy and physiology next semester. how would i inform MWU about my class change? bc i definitely think this makes a difference in their decision to offer me a interview or not.....

Hey everyone i have a question. On my aadsas application for my spring 2015 classes i wasnt sure what science electives to take so i put down 2 that i was thinking of taking. but since this school as well as others require anatomy, i am taking anatomy and physiology next semester. how would i inform MWU about my class change? bc i definitely think this makes a difference in their decision to offer me a interview or not.....
Email them or call