****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Just got a rejection email. But the invited me to apply to their Masters program? Anyone get a similar rejection email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
TheTrueDent, they send it out to most of the people who apply to their dental school. Their masters program is actually really simple to apply to. You can ask them to transfer your information from your dental application since they are all in the same admissions office. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the email!!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an email at 930AM EST, I'll be moving to Illinois for dental school

Congratulations all! I got in too, unfortunately will not be accepting the offer. I fell in love with Chicago though

Got the acceptance email morning but I will not be accepting. Congrats everyone!

Congratz to you who got accepted. Hope to see you next year! :)

I got in !!! got the email this morning. This is so unexpected

Is there a Facebook page for people who got in ?

Someone please start a Facebook page, I am excited to meet all of you! :highfive:

Just received an interview invite, I'm so excited :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my interview invitation. Hope my spot gets passed to someone waiting on good news :)

Just received my interview invite!
What's the interview process like at MWU-IL? How should I prepare? Any unorthodox questions? What are the magic words to get accepted?

I scheduled for Jan 13. Any1 else? I feel that this is very late and seats are filled up? Do I still have a shot?

You should take a look at previous posts. I mentioned a bit about the interview. But, one thing for sure... there is no "magic" words.

Don't worry about the January interview, as long as you got an invite, you are in a good shape. I know a bunch of guys in my class interviewed post-Dec and got in just fine (they have a stellar list of achievements too; post-Dec doesn't mean that you are their second choice).

Good luck!

anyone made a Facebook page ? or should i make one ?

Anyone that has already interviewed, would you mind sharing the questions you got? Can you please post or pm me? Thanks!

For those of you that got a hotel before your interview, which one would you recommend? Which is closest? Im not familiar with the area :) thank you!

These hotels are not too expensive, decent, and pretty close to the school. You should check them out:

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
17West 350 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Red Roof Inn Downers Grove
1113 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515

amybody interviewing the 15th want to go to dinner/have drinks Thursday after the interview?

You should take a look at previous posts. I mentioned a bit about the interview. But, one thing for sure... there is no "magic" words.

Don't worry about the January interview, as long as you got an invite, you are in a good shape. I know a bunch of guys in my class interviewed post-Dec and got in just fine (they have a stellar list of achievements too; post-Dec doesn't mean that you are their second choice).

Good luck!
Hi MBlue 16,

I haven't heard anything from this school yet. My AADSAS application didn't change from "Received/ Under Review" either. Should I call the admission office? Should I be worried or is this normal to wait this long?

Thank you.

Hi MBlue 16,

I haven't heard anything from this school yet. My AADSAS application didn't change from "Received/ Under Review" either. Should I call the admission office? Should I be worried or is this normal to wait this long?

Thank you.

First thing first, have you completed your application? (i.e. Do you have everything recorded as submitted in their portal?) If you have it completed just recently, you should give it more time.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They did move slowly last year too, I think it's mainly because they weren't doing mass interviews (80-100 people in one interview; they have 16 people per interview instead). The interview post-Dec went to March or April last year, so if you are not rejected at this point, you are in a good place. You are still in the run for ~350 post-Dec interview spots.

Feel free to call the admission office or send an update letter to them. The lady at the admission office is very nice and helpful. Her name is Ms. Guzman and she's pretty awesome.

Last edited:
First thing first, have you completed your application? (i.e. Do you have everything recorded as submitted in their portal?) If you have it completed just recently, you should give it more time.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They did move slowly last year too, I think it's mainly because they weren't doing a mass interview (80-100 people in one interview; they have 16 people per interview instead). The interview post-Dec went to March or April last year, so if you are not rejected at this point, you are in a good place. You are still in the run for ~350 post-Dec interview spots.

Feel free to call the admission office or send an update letter to them. The lady at the admission office is very nice and helpful. Her name is Ms. Guzman and she's pretty awesome.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I submitted all the required material back in September and haven't heard anything since then. I'll probably wait.. Hoping for the best.

Interview on January 29th!

Hello, got my acceptance to this school a few days ago, I was wondering if a student is able to use Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II for the Human anatomy pre-requisite? Please give me some good news, Thanks and if someone is in the same boat as me please tell me. I looked on the checklist, and its not checked because i have not taken the second part of the sequence, therefore I don't know.

Hello, got my acceptance to this school a few days ago, I was wondering if a student is able to use Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II for the Human anatomy pre-requisite? Please give me some good news, Thanks and if someone is in the same boat as me please tell me. I looked on the checklist, and its not checked because i have not taken the second part of the sequence, therefore I don't know.

I know for a fact that you can. Im in the exact same situation, and a admissions counsleor confirmed with me that AnP 1 and 2 will fulfill the prerequisite for one year of anatomy.

Hey HarshR, when did you interview? Has anyone heard back from Midwestern who interviewed after December 1st?? I interviewed on the 8th of December and would love to go to Midwestern, but it would be nice to know before I send this fat deposit over to Detroit Mercy. All I want for Christmas is to not waste this money :)

It's official! Class of 2019!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

Read thru this thread and I have to say congrats to those who got accepted. I recently accepted their invitation to an interview for Feb. 10, 2015. Anyone have additional input on specific questions they asked, and what I should look over again and get ingrained for the big day? MWU-IL has been the only school out of 15 that has invited me to an interview, so this is pretty big for me. Thanks in advance!

Read thru this thread and I have to say congrats to those who got accepted. I recently accepted their invitation to an interview for Feb. 10, 2015. Anyone have additional input on specific questions they asked, and what I should look over again and get ingrained for the big day? MWU-IL has been the only school out of 15 that has invited me to an interview, so this is pretty big for me. Thanks in advance!

Congratz and good luck on the interview. I don't think I can mention any specific questions, but I can tell you this: *HINT HINT* There is a section in SDN resource called school interview feedback that can be very helpful. :)

Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

I don't have the most recent admission data, but you may refer to this page to have an idea about your chance of getting in: https://www.midwestern.edu/programs-and-admission/il-dental-medicine.html

Your DAT seems good, but the overall GPA may hurt your chance. However, you shouldn't lose hope. If you have a good resume, you may be a stronger candidate than you think. :) Good luck!

Is the school still sending out interview invites? I am still waiting to hear..... :(

Is the school still sending out interview invites? I am still waiting to hear..... :(
I recieved one about 2 weeks ago, and I got an email yesterday about more interview dates becoming available. From the dates available it looks like they're still actively interviewing until at least the end of Feb.

I just got the interview email!!! There were 2 days available Feb 17th and 19th. I selected 19th!!! So excited!!!

Gratz!! I interviewed in February last year and got in. In fact, more than 50% of the interviewee that day is in my class today. Good luck!!

I just got the interview email!!! There were 2 days available Feb 17th and 19th. I selected 19th!!! So excited!!!
Congrats!! I interviewed today and was so impressed! Everyone was soooo friendly and outgoing! Great interview experience! Good luck :)

Congrats!! I interviewed today and was so impressed! Everyone was soooo friendly and outgoing! Great interview experience! Good luck :)
Thank you very much, SES0112!! Best of luck to you too : DD

You did? haha! I saw some interviewee visiting the sim clinic today. I even waved at the group :). Good luck, glad you enjoyed the visit :)

Just received an interview invitation, scheduled it for February, 19th!

I also have an interview for the 19th! How long do we have to wait after the interview to find out our status? Is there another day like December 1st where a batch of admissions are released? Thanks and good luck everyone!

I also have an interview for the 19th! How long do we have to wait after the interview to find out our status? Is there another day like December 1st where a batch of admissions are released? Thanks and good luck everyone!
Last year they announced at the end of each month it seems like.

Just want to share what happened this week:

CDMI hosted their annual winter formal on Friday. This is a pic of the class of 2018 (Pic of those who showed up):
10514527_10153041382778428_1619437074534348821_n.jpg

This morning, CDMI hosted a community service event for kids in the area:
10358697_3710917848596_3223035993723304405_n.jpg

Just something to look forward to :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an interview invite and scheduled it for Tuesday Morning, Mar 10, 2015

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed here last week and I loved EVERYTHING about the school! :love:
I really hope they send out decisions very very very soon! The "waiting game" is torturous!!
Best of luck to all!! Hope that we can all be a part of Midwestern's CDMI Class of 2019!!!:clap:

Reactions: 3 users